The official group for the 2009 30 Days to a Better Man Project.
Latest Activity: 9 hours ago
Started by Brett McKay. Last reply by Vince 9 hours ago.
Started by Brett McKay. Last reply by Ernesto Flores May 3.
Started by Brett McKay. Last reply by Tiancheng Apr 22.
Started today. Here's hoping it helps me to become a better man.
Day 4: Did things to increase my testosterone... Success!
Skipped a few days because of a visa run. But back on track.
People I thanked
1. A buddy who saw me through a very dark moment in life and helped me out.
2. A guy who welcomed me to a club thing I just joined
3. A woman who I have known for a few years who I've learned a bunch of things about respect, friendship, and trust from.
1. I have a family that loves me, cares about me, and would do most anything for me if I needed them. A family that not only understand but accepts that I'll probably not live in America again.
2. That my degree, though I pay dearly for it, has allowed me to begin travelling down a life path that I very much love.
3. That I get to share the life path I always dreamed of with a woman who is my best friend. A partner who not only accepts but wants nothing other than that life. Who also helped keep me accountable to this, who cultivates development and encourages me to become the man I am meant to be.
4. The security checkpoint people, the customs people, the flight attendants, the pilots, the crews, the cooks and all the people that make airports and airplanes safe and comfortable.
5. A great friend who I can share most anything with and he helps me where he can. We have had a number of varieties of times together and all of them interesting in their own way.
6. An older brother who I can be vulnerable with, who understands much of what goes on in my mind.
7. Music. Listening and playing. Nothing moves me in more ways than music and it is something I will eternally be grateful for.
8. The previous generations, their sacrifices their dreams for this generation, their goals, their mistakes and all.
9. The waiter who saw me at the restaurant munching on complimentary bread and asked if I wanted olive oil and vinegar for it.
10. The opportunity to grow, learn, develop, and become a man I can take pride in and respect.
Living as opposed to subsisting
Health (mental, physical, emotional, and in relationships)
Control (of myself)
Shoes spit shined, I'd wear 'em to a job interview.
Life has transitioned a number of times rather recently so I've only got one guy I really see as being mentor material.
Day 3, find a mentor. I checked with my boss, and he was unsure at first, but I said "It'll be no different than what I already ask you for advice and such." He was alright with it.Secondly, I asked a friend who does a bit of rapping to mentor me in that. Rap and Hiphip have always been hidden pleasures of mine.
I decided, after this most recent break up, I needed to figure out why I was never myself in a relationship. I believe it's because I have no structure for myself. So here it is, I'm starting my thirty days.Day 1, Core Values:LoveKnowledgeStrengthHappinessCreativenessDay 1 was actually yesterday, coincidentally the day we split (I had decided on doing this before the split occurred, but it was a right-good spur.)Day 2, currently about to shine my work boots. I work in a doctor's office, so I wear black dress boots.
Alright, I'm finally convinced :)
Bought a silicon tube to make my shoes shine.
Now I`m going to clean my shoes...with a cleaning pack my girlfriend give me as a present,,,it is homemade and the box has the instruccions as decoration...Sorry about my english I´m improving it...
Yesterday I wrote down my core values. It was not easy but was great spend sometime thinking about really matters:
-Be stoical against the bad moments of life and with the others offesnses.
-Be a good family man (fair, teacher and provider)
-Take care of may health and cultivate my mind (I really need to read more).
-Integrity as doing the right thing no matter what.
Through all the turmoils in my life, I was forced to abandon the project of 30.d. Now- I return. Can't wait to finish what I have started so long ago.
Okay so its time for a bucket list. I have always loved cars and have been a fan of racing my whole life. That's why on my bucket list i put these things car related things
Know the in's and out's of the automobile
Attend a Formula one Race
Compete in a Rally America event
Restore a classic car
Own a Super Car
Welcome toArt of Manliness
Sign Upor Sign In
Or sign in with:
© 2013 Created by Brett McKay.
Report an Issue |
Terms of Service
Please check your browser settings or contact your system administrator.