It's time to dust off your romance skills. Your task today is to ask a woman on a date. Doesn't matter if you're single or married. You have to ask somebody in the next 24 hours. And then you have to plan a nice date. Dinner and a movie is not allowed. Let us know what you're cooking up.

Views: 481

Replies to This Discussion

Unfortunately I am going to have to skip (lets call it delay instead) today's goal. In my life at the moment there is no one that I would be interested in dating, which is slightly sad, but lets say I will try to achieve this one by the end of the 30 days if i can regardless.
Let's see what the community can do to encourage everyone's participation in this.

For the single guys, while I'm sure we all have great ideas for the dates themselves, let's elicit the community's advice on breaking the ice / cold-calls. Just do it? Say 'hello' enough times and go from there?

For the not-single guys, how can the community encourage you to take on this goal? To busy to get away from the kids? Kids are at school, just go to her place for lunch?
Right so, I'mma gonna take a rain check on this till Sunday. My girlfriend lives in DC. I won't live there till Sunday, when I move up there. She's gonna swing down Saturday to attend my brother and sisters graduation party with me, then Sunday we're driving up to DC with some of my stuff. I'll be staying at her apartment till sometime in October when we;'ll both go get a new lease together somewhere...larger....so I can have my other possessions up here.

In anycase, I say Sunday for a date and not Saturday because I don't feel the graduation party counts as a date, but I plan to make a detour to Colonial Williamsburg on Sunday, and take her around that. She's never been. That counts as a date, since I planned it out weeks ago, and it will be just us. Paid for will probably be split between the both of us tho. ^^;;;;
Yeah, I'm going to have to postpone this as well. My girlfriend lives a million miles away, and I don't think she would be very happy if I went out with someone else.
I've been in a relationship, on & off, for the better part of 3 years. I like the idea of keeping things fresh like when we started out, though I know it could never be exactly the same, we are far more comfortable with each other now, than when we first dated.

I planned a date last weekend, but only after she told me to have something ready for a Saturday night. This time I'm gonna surprise her, and we're gonna have a blast.

Last weekend's date consisted of a dinner at El Caserio (right off the Silver Lake Blvd. exit off the 101 North, great menu of Latin/Ecuadorian/Italian flavors). Then a trip up Mulholland Dr. to a viewing spot of Hollywood, the Hollywood Bowl, LA and beyond. After that we settled down into a showing of "Drag Me To Hell" (she loves horror films, I love her) at the Arclight (highly recommended theater in LA, they have very clean theaters and are usually strict about film, audio and audience quality [though we did have some annoying talkers this time]).

Can't wait to top that, I'm thinking of preparing some good eats in advance, showing up and sweeping her off of her feet.
This helps with the provision part of my life, because I already got it done. Next week, I get to go to NYC for a conference. I've gotten my lady a plane ticket, a nice hotel, tickets to a broadway show and an aftershow dinner reservation.
Sweet!
This one will not be the easiest for us, as alone time as a parent with young children is not always the easiest. Lucky for us, we have my parents coming to town this week and they have generously offered to watch the kids so that we can do just this! It has been a while since we have been on an official date so this will be a nice change of pace.

Have any of you noticed how much going on dates changes when you get married and have kids. Not that I want it to, but what you talk about, as well as the time you actually take when you are out changes. I hope to be able to change this, as I think that once you start going down this path it is a slippery slope.
This is going to be difficult for me. I'm studying physics and there aren't that many girls in my department. I'll have to take my morning coffee in the biology bar. I'm also in my final exams so 24 hours is to short a timetable for me. But I will do it before the month is over.
Done. I've asked the girlfriend on a date. Now, I've just got to come up with something a bit more original that the dinner and a movie thing that we've fallen into. Any advice to shake things up a bit?
Regrettably we both have exams at the moment, so the next possible time we can feasibly go out is a week on Saturday. But I'm going to invite her round to my house, cook her a meal (I'm thinking grilled tuna steaks, new potatoes and a salad?) and then suggest we revise for our final maths exam together or just relax with a film. Original date ideas will hopefully come when we have more free time.
I'm in a bit of a rough spot with this one. I'm going out of town this weekend and work ten hours a day the rest of this week (not counting the hour drive on each side), so there is no realistic way I can pull this off before next week. Add to that I don't actually know any interesting girls around here (just moved), and I've got a bit of an issue. Any suggestions on even finding a decent girl out in the real world? I've generally just dated girls I've met at school thus far.
I'm having my girlfriend over for dinner tomorrow night, so this one is done!

RSS

Latest Activity

Kevin Collier replied to Ian Wilson's discussion don't hand me a fish; teach me how to fish. in the group Concealed Carry Club
"The MecGars are excellent mags, they actually make most of Sig's and Walther's magazines for them. As i am a huge fan of Sig, I like your choice in handguns."
7 minutes ago
Kevin Collier replied to Jonathan Stone's discussion Getty/Dubay and the fountain pen in the group Fountain Pens
"A fountain pen will often force you to slow down a bit. it also has an elegance that encourages me to write better. Quink is a great choice for a Lefty, as it was developed as a Quick Ink", hence it's name."
9 minutes ago
Scott Makorow joined Sam Spade's group
Thumbnail

Personal Finance

This group is the place to be if you have questions or advice on anything related to getting out of debt, investing, saving money, or creating a household budget.
34 minutes ago
Profile IconScott Makorow, Tom Kenyon and Bill Anderson joined Nolan Poulson's group
Thumbnail

The Barbershop

It's just seems natural that Art of Manliness should have a barbershop group.  My intent of this group is to gather and share general thoughts and experiences concerning barbershops. Anything from a good barbershop that you have found  to pictures and stories of shops you have visited to discussing anything barbershop.  See More
39 minutes ago
The One They Call Alex updated their profile
53 minutes ago
Michael Shaw replied to Alberto's discussion Push-ups
"Try the 100 pushups plan.  I made it through the program and maxed out at 70 consecutive before I moved on to a different exercise. http://hundredpushups.com/"
1 hour ago
Josh Allen commented on Josh Allen's video
Thumbnail

Josh100LuBu - How To Sashay (HD)

"I don't understand. Speak plainly."
1 hour ago
John Lee Pettimore commented on Josh Allen's video
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service