Today's task requires us to define our 5 core values: http://artofmanliness.com/2009/05/31/30-days-to-a-better-man-day-1-...

Feel free to share what your core values are. If you think they're too personal and don't want to share, that's completely fine. But still let us know whether or not you completed the task.

Look forward to reading your core values!

Views: 29091

Replies to This Discussion

1. God

2. Thumos/Honor

3. Family

4. Country

5. Wisdom

Here's five with some of the descriptions.

Industry:  Dedicate myself daily to the personal and professional tasks at hand.

Stand on Principle:  Never sacrifice core principles to gain popularity, favor, etc.

My body is a temple.  How I use my mind, and what I put in my body respects it.

Service:  What I dedicate my life to should lift my community up.  A good person lifts up the lives of those around them by simply being there.

CORE VALUES

1. FAITH - in GOD

2. INTEGRITY - Christian morals

3. DECISIVENESS - make wise correct decisions, then follow through with them

4. INNOVATOR - a childs imagination in adult form, thinking outside the box 

5. BALANCE - Must be able to balance everything WORK/PLAY, SAVING/LIVING 

Well, here's what I got.

Some of the wording is plagiarised from men/actors/writers who said it better than I ever could.  The message is there though

1. Family before everything
  2. Be honest, even when it hurts
  3. Never cowardly nor cruel
  4. My word is my bond
  5. Stay healthy, stay strong

I realize I'm a few years late to the party, but better late than never, right? So hear are my core values

1) Be honest... almost to a fault.

2) Think first, act second.

3) Be respectful .

4) Be present in the moment.

5) Exercise the mind as well as the body.

1. Family

2. Integrity

3. Happiness/ Fulfillment

4. Faith

5. Wisdom

Just saw this...

First and foremost, I value my family and friendships
Second, honesty, integrity and living to commitments
Third, health and vitality, for myself and for those around me.
Fourth, mindfulness, balance and happiness
Fifth, making and creating

My top 5

Honesty

Integrity

Courage

Honor

Perseverance

1. I value the connection I share with my Creator.

2. I value the financial abundance I have and the freedom it provides.

3. I value the respect and appreciation I get from others for my actions, as well as, the respect and appreciation I give to others and myself.

4. I value wisdom and truth, searching each day for more and more!

5. I value my health and happiness and the confidence that this combination brings into my life.

1.Confidence.

2. Independent.

3. Adventurous.

4.Family.

5.Lover. 

1. God
2. Honor/Morality
3. Freedom/ America
4. Truth
5. Family

2- 4 are all equally important.

1. Happiness

2. Love

3. Health

4. Financial Security

5. Independence

RSS

Latest Activity

David Johns left a comment for Luke Marrott
"Welcome, Luke!"
30 minutes ago
John Lee Pettimore replied to Daniel's discussion Cannibusiness woman get a job? in the group The Great Debate
""Stop helping me, Jethro." -Jed Clampett"
33 minutes ago
John Lee Pettimore replied to James Sullivan's discussion When can a boy learn to fight back?
" "
52 minutes ago
Daniel replied to Daniel's discussion Cannibusiness woman get a job? in the group The Great Debate
"As long as the movement insists on making credible political traction as difficult as possible for themselves.... ..this is now the official running thread for drug puns."
53 minutes ago
John Lee Pettimore replied to Daniel's discussion Cannibusiness woman get a job? in the group The Great Debate
"Well played."
55 minutes ago
Will replied to Daniel's discussion Cannibusiness woman get a job? in the group The Great Debate
"It's true:  the news business really has gone to pot.  <rim shot>"
1 hour ago
James Sullivan posted a discussion

When can a boy learn to fight back?

Good Evening Gents,I have two young boys. My oldest is the only one in school yet. Today his mother called me in a panic because another boy slapped my son in the face at recess. For whatever reason, my son did not press the issue and bring it up with his teacher, I'll have to ask him about that. But, that got the thought into my head, when IS it ok to tell a young man that if someone lays hands on you, it's acceptable to defend yourself? Obviously, I'm not thinking I should put my…See More
1 hour ago
Nathanael replied to Brad Williams's discussion Self-Defense Without Guns
"I agree with the consensus.  Avoid trouble spots and situations.  Deescalate.  Run.  If you get into a situation where you can't avoid a fight, you'll have two choices, both of which have risks.  1.  Stay…"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service