Today's task requires us to define our 5 core values: http://artofmanliness.com/2009/05/31/30-days-to-a-better-man-day-1-...

Feel free to share what your core values are. If you think they're too personal and don't want to share, that's completely fine. But still let us know whether or not you completed the task.

Look forward to reading your core values!

Views: 27735

Replies to This Discussion

1. God

2. Thumos/Honor

3. Family

4. Country

5. Wisdom

Here's five with some of the descriptions.

Industry:  Dedicate myself daily to the personal and professional tasks at hand.

Stand on Principle:  Never sacrifice core principles to gain popularity, favor, etc.

My body is a temple.  How I use my mind, and what I put in my body respects it.

Service:  What I dedicate my life to should lift my community up.  A good person lifts up the lives of those around them by simply being there.

CORE VALUES

1. FAITH - in GOD

2. INTEGRITY - Christian morals

3. DECISIVENESS - make wise correct decisions, then follow through with them

4. INNOVATOR - a childs imagination in adult form, thinking outside the box 

5. BALANCE - Must be able to balance everything WORK/PLAY, SAVING/LIVING 

Well, here's what I got.

Some of the wording is plagiarised from men/actors/writers who said it better than I ever could.  The message is there though

1. Family before everything
  2. Be honest, even when it hurts
  3. Never cowardly nor cruel
  4. My word is my bond
  5. Stay healthy, stay strong

I realize I'm a few years late to the party, but better late than never, right? So hear are my core values

1) Be honest... almost to a fault.

2) Think first, act second.

3) Be respectful .

4) Be present in the moment.

5) Exercise the mind as well as the body.

1. Family

2. Integrity

3. Happiness/ Fulfillment

4. Faith

5. Wisdom

Just saw this...

First and foremost, I value my family and friendships
Second, honesty, integrity and living to commitments
Third, health and vitality, for myself and for those around me.
Fourth, mindfulness, balance and happiness
Fifth, making and creating

My top 5

Honesty

Integrity

Courage

Honor

Perseverance

1. I value the connection I share with my Creator.

2. I value the financial abundance I have and the freedom it provides.

3. I value the respect and appreciation I get from others for my actions, as well as, the respect and appreciation I give to others and myself.

4. I value wisdom and truth, searching each day for more and more!

5. I value my health and happiness and the confidence that this combination brings into my life.

1.Confidence.

2. Independent.

3. Adventurous.

4.Family.

5.Lover. 

1. God
2. Honor/Morality
3. Freedom/ America
4. Truth
5. Family

2- 4 are all equally important.

RSS

Latest Activity

Joshua E Shorey replied to Josh Williams's discussion I touched her butt.
"I believe this gentleman is correct. If you are reading this, he is right. Most men have to live with some manner of shame at their behavior at some point. A lot of men have had some temptation regarding forbidden fruit. You gave in, and youre a…"
20 minutes ago
Joshua E Shorey joined Andrew LaBrador's group
Thumbnail

Pipe & Co

A place to discuss the return of the pipe and the world of pipe smoking.See More
28 minutes ago
Michael D. Denny replied to Paul's discussion Tattoo Idea's (outdoor/farm theme)
"How about getting the words "Tattoos are goofy and cliche" tattooed on your other shoulder? "
35 minutes ago
Karl Helweg replied to Karl Helweg's discussion Paranoia and the virtue of hospitality?
"Just a short update on this experiment in couchsurfing.  Two of the couchsurfers who asked to stay with us cancelled at the last minute due to their transportation falling through which was a bit disappointing.  Two fellows ended up…"
1 hour ago
Chuck Drennen posted a discussion

Calling All Sculptures and Artists

Okay I would like to sculpt a model of this sculpture because I cant find one online within my price range. I consider myself to have bit of artistic ability and have always admired the Aztec/ Mesoamerican culture. And suggestions on how to go about sculpting this or even what kind of clay to purchase would be greatly appreciated. Here is a link with some photos of the statue …See More
2 hours ago
Brett McKay left a comment for Nikita Borisov
"That would be fine Nikita."
2 hours ago
Profile IconAndrew Bibbins, James Marshall Possin and Chuck Drennen joined Art of Manliness
2 hours ago
Jack Bauer replied to Josh Williams's discussion I touched her butt.
"Sleep with one eye open. JB"
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service