Today's task requires us to define our 5 core values: http://artofmanliness.com/2009/05/31/30-days-to-a-better-man-day-1-...

Feel free to share what your core values are. If you think they're too personal and don't want to share, that's completely fine. But still let us know whether or not you completed the task.

Look forward to reading your core values!

Views: 30235

Replies to This Discussion

Here's five with some of the descriptions.

Industry:  Dedicate myself daily to the personal and professional tasks at hand.

Stand on Principle:  Never sacrifice core principles to gain popularity, favor, etc.

My body is a temple.  How I use my mind, and what I put in my body respects it.

Service:  What I dedicate my life to should lift my community up.  A good person lifts up the lives of those around them by simply being there.

CORE VALUES

1. FAITH - in GOD

2. INTEGRITY - Christian morals

3. DECISIVENESS - make wise correct decisions, then follow through with them

4. INNOVATOR - a childs imagination in adult form, thinking outside the box 

5. BALANCE - Must be able to balance everything WORK/PLAY, SAVING/LIVING 

Well, here's what I got.

Some of the wording is plagiarised from men/actors/writers who said it better than I ever could.  The message is there though

1. Family before everything
  2. Be honest, even when it hurts
  3. Never cowardly nor cruel
  4. My word is my bond
  5. Stay healthy, stay strong

I realize I'm a few years late to the party, but better late than never, right? So hear are my core values

1) Be honest... almost to a fault.

2) Think first, act second.

3) Be respectful .

4) Be present in the moment.

5) Exercise the mind as well as the body.

1. Family

2. Integrity

3. Happiness/ Fulfillment

4. Faith

5. Wisdom

Just saw this...

First and foremost, I value my family and friendships
Second, honesty, integrity and living to commitments
Third, health and vitality, for myself and for those around me.
Fourth, mindfulness, balance and happiness
Fifth, making and creating

My top 5

Honesty

Integrity

Courage

Honor

Perseverance

1. I value the connection I share with my Creator.

2. I value the financial abundance I have and the freedom it provides.

3. I value the respect and appreciation I get from others for my actions, as well as, the respect and appreciation I give to others and myself.

4. I value wisdom and truth, searching each day for more and more!

5. I value my health and happiness and the confidence that this combination brings into my life.

1.Confidence.

2. Independent.

3. Adventurous.

4.Family.

5.Lover. 

1. God
2. Honor/Morality
3. Freedom/ America
4. Truth
5. Family

2- 4 are all equally important.

1. Happiness

2. Love

3. Health

4. Financial Security

5. Independence

1) Family always comes first

2) God - even if I don't practice my religion per se - always know the difference between right and wrong

3) Education - continuous investment in myself

4) Loyalty - in myself and others

5) Respect - for elderly, teachers, etc

RSS

Latest Activity

Todd Heavner replied to Regular Joe's discussion Court Declares Orangutan To Be "Non-Human Person" With Rights in the group The Great Debate
"I think that is exactly what self-awareness is - the ability to recognize and take note of ourselves.  I takes self-awareness to look in a mirror, recognize yourself and notice that "Oh shit, I have paint smeared on my face."  I…"
6 minutes ago
Steve Dallas replied to Regular Joe's discussion Court Declares Orangutan To Be "Non-Human Person" With Rights in the group The Great Debate
"So are you saying that self-aware means closest to having human concerns? I'll be honest, I didn't know what the mirror test was and had to look it up. I'm just not convinced that a test to see if the animal recognizes some arbitrary…"
31 minutes ago
James Sullivan replied to T.S.'s discussion Dog Training?
"I'm assuming we're discussing a puppy that will be trained "from the ground up".... -Don't assume the dog wants to be a pain in the butt. Dogs are herd animals, they WANT to please the leader of the pack -There should only…"
32 minutes ago
Carl Monster replied to Will's discussion The most wonderful season of all goes global
"I don't respect those who ape us; they can come up with and practice their own traditions. "
39 minutes ago
Carl Monster replied to Brown Fox's discussion Is this photo inappropriate for public school? in the group The Shirtless Man
"The picture is of you, that's the problem. I'm not sure what ages you teach, but from my own experience growing up and watching my own girls, kids don't want to be reminded their elders/authority figures are human beings in flesh and…"
42 minutes ago
Dave K joined Stephen Larsen's group
Thumbnail

Banya Men!

Though they aren't common in the United States, Jjimjilbangs, Banyas, Onsens, and Hamams are a great places to hang out.  This is a group for men comfortable in their own skin and appreciate the eastern ideas of public bath houses.See More
1 hour ago
Dave K joined Chad's group
Thumbnail

Hairy Men

The current trend in fashion is to be hairless and do do whatever necessary to remove hair from your body.  I am proud of my hair! Be proud if your hairy body too. Wear your membership to this group likes badge of honor.See More
2 hours ago
Dave K joined James Hills's group
Thumbnail

Mancation Travel

Looking for a group of guys for a get-together or just looking for some cool tips and ideas for a guys weekend or mancation? Come on over!
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service