N.U.T.s are more specific than core values. Core values are things like "health" or "family". NUTS are much more specific. They're things that you'll do no matter what. To give you an example, here are a few of mine:
1) I write everyday. No matter what.
2) I get outside and get my body moving on a daily basis come rain or shine.
3) I won't take a job just because it pays well.
4) My wife is my first priority.
5) My word is my bond.
Still working on them, but here are some:
For the things I have to do, I will seek counsel, but not ask permission.
I will be physically active 6 days a week.
I will read & study the Bible everyday.
I have eyes only for my wife (Job 31:1).
I will disciple my family daily.
1) When I have something to say, I may soften the blow, but I never dilute the point.
2) I never promise anything I don't fully intend to follow through with.
3) If I screwed it up, I'm fixing it.
4) I will not complain about a situation I caused.
5) I will be my own man whether it appeases others or not.
I can't think of very many things that I can say I keep absolutely constant, or have kept going as NUTs for long enough to truly represent my values, but I can put forth the NUTs that I try to live by now and intend to stick to come hell or high water:
1. Assume all eyes are on me at all times. My integrity should be unassailable. No lying, no cheating, no littering, no nothing.
2. Always admit when I am at fault.
3. No badmouthing others in their absence. Or in their presence, if that can be avoided too.
4. Give credit where credit is due.
5. It is no longer my own life to live; I now share it with three others (my wife and two kids).
6. I will never, ever be unfaithful to my wife.
7. I will check every urge before I act, save for the urge to tell my loved ones that I love them.
9. When asked to lead or do an unpleasant task, do so with enthusiasm...or at least a damn good impression of enthusiasm.
1. I will travel as much as possible before I'm unable to.
2. I will never cheat on my girl.
3. I will ride my bike at least once a week.
4. I will do my best to keep those around me happy.
5. I have responsibilities that I will get done.
In thinking about this, some of the N.U.T.S. that I find important in my life include:
* I am faithful to my wife
* I find time to spend with my children and am present during these times
* I am honest to those around me
* I talk about concerns to people whom they effect and do not let them linger
* I welcome and look for feedback
* I will admit when I am wrong
* I will always be attracted to my wife
* I will try to carve out some time for me as often as I can
* I will work to put my family first in all situations
These are a few of the things that I can think of, but my list is one that continues to grow.
1. I put my family first
2. I do what is right
3. I speak truth, tempered by #2 above
4. I comport myself in an honorable way.
5. I am patient with all, but most especially with small children. Like my own...
1. I take care of myself physically and mentally.
2. The needs of my family come before anything else.
3. I do not go into debt for non-emergencies.
4. I raise my children to be responsible, independent adults.
5. I'm responsible for my own success.
Upon awakening I do three things: 1. Read my Bible, 2. Pray for myself, those I love, and our Country, 3. Meditate on who I am in Christ.
Every day I:
4. Look for ways to Love.
5. Give to someone in need.
7. Edify, inspire or build someone up.
8. Get outside of the house.
Just some ways I "get outside my self."
I wanted to really think about these before writing them down.
1) I will not compromise my faith in Jesus Christ.
2) I will not give in to my addictions.
3) My wife is my definition of beauty, always and forever.
4) I will exercise regularly
5) I will lead my family and make decisions
6) Family will always come before the job.
"Seems to me the problem is images. God as the abandoning clockmaker. God as the control freak. God as the grand experimenter.
I'll use my own image: God as the author. If God made the universe, stands outside time…"
Hi there!My name is Matt and I'm from Montreal in Canada. Thus my first language is French, but I speak and write English fluently after spending two years in the UK (where I learned to drink beers like a real englishman and I discovered scotch!). I'll be 33 years old in a month. I used to do Kung Fu (a MMA variant of Wing Chun) while I lived in my hometown, but I haven't found anything quite like it in Montreal, so I tend to train at home, doing some old routine and weights. I used to do a…See More
"I also have agreat love for tobacco in all its forms. Enjoy smoking a cigar at least once a week. Cigarettes are an unfortunate part of my everyday life as well as a 16 mg e-cigarette. Actually looking to get into pipe smoking as an everyday…"