Today's task is to make a meal with your own bare hands. Extra man points if you kill wild game to prepare your meal:

http://artofmanliness.com/2009/06/14/30-days-to-a-better-man-day-15...

Share what you prepared with us!

Views: 456

Replies to This Discussion

I would say, this is the easiest task so far because I cook quite often and enjoy every moment of it. Not to mention I have just finished making green lentils and brown rice. Day 15 check.
I'll second that ! After living on my own for a few years after leaving my parents' place, I've learnt how to cook decently and today, cooking with my wife has become one of these nice moments we get to share (she's American and wasn't used to cooking much before moving to France). I'll cook myself a nice healthy dinner tonight, to celebrate all the cooking that'll take place today thanks to this task !
I'll third that! I've been paid to cook and have enjoyed hosting gatherings intimate and larger where the food surprises the guests. I must confess that a simple yet subtly complex meal has charmed the pants off many. Good suggestion is to read anything from America' Test Kitchen. It's science for these people and they give you a strong foundation on how to handle any meal. If you let your taste buds move you past their basic foundations, you'll soon have them eating out of you hand.
Posted my recipe to the blog post page.

Remember--if you're cooking for a lady, she may not have the same hankering for bloody venison steak as you. I think my take on the omelet is a good compromise for a couple.
Just finished up our weekend summer kick off BBQ party. Had the 4 basic food groups available: Pork, Lamb, Beef, and Chicken. The pork was available as brats and as well my world-famous ribs (takes me 6 hours to bbq/cook them). Simple rack of lamb, marinated for a day and slow bbq that evening. Beef was simply burgers. Chicken was also simple, whole chicken with a nice dry rub, beer can up the butt and bbq'd for a couple of hours.
Tonight's dinner is going to be a grilled sirloin, seasoned with sea salt and cracked pepper. Alongside it I'll be grilling a couple portobello mushroom caps seasoned with just a touch of soy sauce. Top it off with a small salad, garlic and herb dressing.
Watch it, don't wanna hinder testosterone with too much soy ;) I kid.
I'm gonna go for something simple like tuna and pasta. Caloriffic! Sauce will be milk, butter, tomato puree, a little salt, italian mixed herbs and a little saffron for the kick.
My wife is going to love this challenge, "Honey, I have to cook dinner tonight because it's my AoM challenge for the day." I've grown up cooking (not by choice, but necessity) and have gotten little more bolder in my creations. I can't go crazy on the spices when cooking for 2 kids (but I'll make a lightly or un-seasoned portion for them when I can) but I'm not shy in the kitchen. For the Dads out there, try making yer kids popcorn on the stove. They'll go bonkers calling you a "superhero" because you are holding a pot over an open flame (and I think it tastes better than microwave popcorn) It's a shame I can't share my favorite memory with my kids: going to a drive-in with a paper bag full of popcorn (watching Star Wars, 3 times).
I don't often cook the entire meal, just portions of it, and not daily. However, this one should be no problem. I'll go throw together something awesome for lunch in a few minutes here.
Mmmm. Reading through everyone's meals is making me hungry. I'd definitely like to pull up a chair with you guys.

I'm going to be cooking fish tacos tonight. It's a food I first had in Tijuana and really fell in love with. I've never tried to make it myself, but I wanted to challenge myself and give it a go.

Cooking is something I've recently gotten into. I never cooked much before but it's always been something I've wanted to get good at. I recently made my first bread and found that really satisfying.

I'd to see you all take some pics of your meals and post them up here....
I love to cook! Monday is my fast-food-day so I tried to make Sloppy Joes! I'm sure you Americans are like dubbeluteef, but to me it's almost exotic.

RSS

Latest Activity

Will added a discussion to the group The Great Debate
Thumbnail

Hilary '16

Who is she, anyway?  Where does she fit in the spectrum?Will she try?  And does she have a chance?What made me think of this topic is a video clip I found recently. http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/10/24/Hillary-Dont-Let-Anybody-Tell-You-That-Businesses-Create-JobsSee More
1 hour ago
Aus Man joined Stephen Larsen's group
Thumbnail

Banya Men!

Though they aren't common in the United States, Jjimjilbangs, Banyas, Onsens, and Hamams are a great places to hang out.  This is a group for men comfortable in their own skin and appreciate the eastern ideas of public bath houses.See More
1 hour ago
Will replied to Joshua Wolf's discussion Fraternal orders for young men?
" It's to be less stinky."
2 hours ago
Will replied to Liam's discussion Advice on which translation of The Bible to read in the group Christian Men
"without something more specific, ill keep using kjv.  though i get why people fine it too tough."
2 hours ago
Leto Atreides II replied to Jack Bauer's discussion What'cha watchin'? Your manly entertainment recommendations, reviews and discussions ...
"My reply was to Regular Joe's post where he called you out for the dumbass game you play. Not sure why that warrants a thank you."
2 hours ago
Will replied to Joshua Wolf's discussion Fraternal orders for young men?
"This sounds a little like back to the land or self sufficiency.  Sounds fine to me.  are women welcome?  they are as interested in that kind of thing as men. Mother Earth News used to be a good resource for this sort of thing."
2 hours ago
Josh Allen replied to Joshua Wolf's discussion Fraternal orders for young men?
"Never heard of Axe Throwing although it sounds interesting I can't see the point in it."
3 hours ago
Josh Allen replied to Jack Bauer's discussion What'cha watchin'? Your manly entertainment recommendations, reviews and discussions ...
"Thank you."
4 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service