Today's task is to make a meal with your own bare hands. Extra man points if you kill wild game to prepare your meal:

http://artofmanliness.com/2009/06/14/30-days-to-a-better-man-day-15...

Share what you prepared with us!

Views: 461

Replies to This Discussion

I would say, this is the easiest task so far because I cook quite often and enjoy every moment of it. Not to mention I have just finished making green lentils and brown rice. Day 15 check.
I'll second that ! After living on my own for a few years after leaving my parents' place, I've learnt how to cook decently and today, cooking with my wife has become one of these nice moments we get to share (she's American and wasn't used to cooking much before moving to France). I'll cook myself a nice healthy dinner tonight, to celebrate all the cooking that'll take place today thanks to this task !
I'll third that! I've been paid to cook and have enjoyed hosting gatherings intimate and larger where the food surprises the guests. I must confess that a simple yet subtly complex meal has charmed the pants off many. Good suggestion is to read anything from America' Test Kitchen. It's science for these people and they give you a strong foundation on how to handle any meal. If you let your taste buds move you past their basic foundations, you'll soon have them eating out of you hand.
Posted my recipe to the blog post page.

Remember--if you're cooking for a lady, she may not have the same hankering for bloody venison steak as you. I think my take on the omelet is a good compromise for a couple.
Just finished up our weekend summer kick off BBQ party. Had the 4 basic food groups available: Pork, Lamb, Beef, and Chicken. The pork was available as brats and as well my world-famous ribs (takes me 6 hours to bbq/cook them). Simple rack of lamb, marinated for a day and slow bbq that evening. Beef was simply burgers. Chicken was also simple, whole chicken with a nice dry rub, beer can up the butt and bbq'd for a couple of hours.
Tonight's dinner is going to be a grilled sirloin, seasoned with sea salt and cracked pepper. Alongside it I'll be grilling a couple portobello mushroom caps seasoned with just a touch of soy sauce. Top it off with a small salad, garlic and herb dressing.
Watch it, don't wanna hinder testosterone with too much soy ;) I kid.
I'm gonna go for something simple like tuna and pasta. Caloriffic! Sauce will be milk, butter, tomato puree, a little salt, italian mixed herbs and a little saffron for the kick.
My wife is going to love this challenge, "Honey, I have to cook dinner tonight because it's my AoM challenge for the day." I've grown up cooking (not by choice, but necessity) and have gotten little more bolder in my creations. I can't go crazy on the spices when cooking for 2 kids (but I'll make a lightly or un-seasoned portion for them when I can) but I'm not shy in the kitchen. For the Dads out there, try making yer kids popcorn on the stove. They'll go bonkers calling you a "superhero" because you are holding a pot over an open flame (and I think it tastes better than microwave popcorn) It's a shame I can't share my favorite memory with my kids: going to a drive-in with a paper bag full of popcorn (watching Star Wars, 3 times).
I don't often cook the entire meal, just portions of it, and not daily. However, this one should be no problem. I'll go throw together something awesome for lunch in a few minutes here.
Mmmm. Reading through everyone's meals is making me hungry. I'd definitely like to pull up a chair with you guys.

I'm going to be cooking fish tacos tonight. It's a food I first had in Tijuana and really fell in love with. I've never tried to make it myself, but I wanted to challenge myself and give it a go.

Cooking is something I've recently gotten into. I never cooked much before but it's always been something I've wanted to get good at. I recently made my first bread and found that really satisfying.

I'd to see you all take some pics of your meals and post them up here....
I love to cook! Monday is my fast-food-day so I tried to make Sloppy Joes! I'm sure you Americans are like dubbeluteef, but to me it's almost exotic.

RSS

Latest Activity

Jay D replied to Regular Joe's discussion BREAKING: US To Normalize Relations With Cuba in the group The Great Debate
"I dont celebrate Cuba or Castro. But yes iam opposed to the concept that the USA is using. What they are doing is fighting terrorism with terror. Do you see the problem?"
2 minutes ago
Will replied to Regular Joe's discussion BREAKING: US To Normalize Relations With Cuba in the group The Great Debate
"Irreconcilable differences! Obama's support for Chavez was shown when Chavez asked Obama to intervene to support the impeached-and-removed Honduran President overcome the Honduran Constitution, Congress, and Supreme Court, to remain in…"
6 minutes ago
Will replied to Regular Joe's discussion BREAKING: US To Normalize Relations With Cuba in the group The Great Debate
"The perennial urge to attribute to others the contents of one's own head."
22 minutes ago
Steve Dallas replied to Leto Atreides II's discussion Sony pulls The Interview Christmas Release in the group The Great Debate
"Watch Team America for freedom and liberty"
27 minutes ago
Steve Dallas replied to Regular Joe's discussion BREAKING: US To Normalize Relations With Cuba in the group The Great Debate
"So if we get passed all the other blathering you did in  your post, are  you calling JFK a coward because he didn't invade Cuba, and therefor all liberalism is a lie?"
42 minutes ago
Leto Atreides II replied to Regular Joe's discussion BREAKING: US To Normalize Relations With Cuba in the group The Great Debate
"5 min staring at this and all I have is "wtf?"."
1 hour ago
John Muir replied to Regular Joe's discussion BREAKING: US To Normalize Relations With Cuba in the group The Great Debate
"    I wouldn't say you're ambivalent so much as flaccid, and cloaking a knee-jerk opposition to an action by Obama in artificial concern for human rights.      You and Will and Paul of Texas have mentioned several…"
1 hour ago
"I haven't seen Castro celebration either.  But I've seen a lot of Castro excusing or Castro minimization.  None of it relevant to the issue at hand -- we can normalize relations even if the leader's a monster, esp. if…"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service