Learn a foreign language
Live for 6 months in a foreign country
Save a life
Marry for life
Raise a son
Hike the Appalachian Trail
Live off of the land for two months
Change a community for the better
Restore a '67 Camaro
1. Travel to every continent.
2. Live in 3 different places for at least 2 years each.
3. Restore a vintage motorcycle.
4. Do something worthy of an IMDB.com bio page (yeah, what?).
5. Learn Español fluently.
6. Get myself a loving wife & happy family.
7. Learn to scuba dive.
8. Get out of debt and live within my means.
9. Hike to the top of Half Dome from Glacier Point.
10. Ride my mountain bike in Whistler.
I know there are plenty more, I could list lots. I'll definitely keep a list in my journal.
After giving it much though I have created the following list.
1. Go to California
2. Own a sailboat
3. Own a 1994 Ford Crown Victoria
4. Own the following guns: Colt Anaconda, Kar98k, S&W 686
5. Try Kopi Luak
6. Spend a night in jail
7. Get married, have 2 children
8. Get up to 185 ibs
9. Learn to swim
10. Learn to surf
11. Become economically self sufficient
Bearing in mind, I am from the U.K. This was a hard list to come up with as I tried to limit to about 10 or so things. Everything else I want to do asap :)
My list is constantly evolving, and usually contains well over ten goals. Here's where I'm at currently. X's mark goals that have been accomplished.
Get paid for something I wrote - X
Go to a New Zealand All Blacks rugby match - X
Read more than I watch television - X
Have a grand adventure - X
Live in a foreign country - X
Travel to Scotland - X
Travel back to Scotland - X
Trace my family history - X
Brush up my bullwhip skills - X
Have my own library - X
Travel around the world - X
Own a boat - X
Travel across Great Britain - X
Travel to Brazil - X
Go to grad school in the UK - X
Be a forest ranger - X
Travel by rail across europe - X
Read all of Hemingway's works - X
Hunt a Cape Buffalo
See the northern lights
Travel to alaska
Go blackwater rafting
Surf in the south pacific
Go marlin fishing
Find a career i love
Get my SCUBA certification
Participate in an archaeological dig
Become fluent in another language
Build a treehouse
Climb Mount Kilimanjaro - IN PROGRESS
Get the tattoo I designed
Own a dog
Get a masters degree - IN PROGRESS
Write a book
Rread all of Peter Hathaway Capstick's works - IN PROGRESS
Go on a photo safari - IN PROGRESS
See elephants in the wild - IN PROGRESS
Ride an elephant
Step foot on all seven continents
Get a pilot's license
Smoke a cuban cigar...in Havana
Read all of Tolkien's Legendarium - IN PROGRESS
1. Write, perform, and record my own album (doesn't have to be under any label)
2. Own a house for my family
3. Tour Europe on a EuroRail pass
4. Visit Iceland
5. Learn to program for the iPhone
6. Write, produce, and direct a movie
7. Write a book
8. Get my tattoo finished (long story) and get the other two tattoos that I want
9. Build a wearable computer
10. Get a Master's degree
I don't get this concept. I looked over your post when it originally came out in May, and couldn't work out a list then, and still can not today.
As a kid I was taken with computers, probably mostly due to my older brother being so good with them. Now I am in my 40s, with an IT career; near as I can tell, I achieved that goal.
I am a dad of 2 boys (13 & 6); raising them to be better than I am is a goal (I'll get back to you in about dozen years and let you know the results). Keeping my much-better-half as happy as I can do is another goal.
Beyond that, I have no other aspirations. I look at these other examples of 'Bucket' worthy items, and am not inspired by them; they are fine goals, indeed, but they don't move me.
Maybe I have an item for my list and don't know it:
1) Work to keeping much-better-half happy as I can
2) Raise 2 boys to be better than I am
3) find something that moves me.
I had written this down when the original post was made:
-Summit all Colorado 14ers (54 14,000ft+ mountains)
-Circumnavigate Colorado by bicycle
-Head back to school for a higher degree (masters, JD, maybe both)
-Visit all 50 US States and all Canadian Povinces
-Write a book
-Live by a North Idaho lake
-Become a good father (1st baby due Nov. 2)
-Become a good grandfather
-Visit the Orient: ski in Japan, hike around China
-Travel by foot across England and Hungary
-Become a true early riser
-Eat pure foods
-Master the art of baking
-Backpack the entire Colorado Trail
-Run for political office
-Spend time in every continent
-Obtain private or LSA pilots license
There is a alo on my list, including some I am working on now. Too much may be hampering, but that notion I say: "Why not?"
1. Live in Vermont- IN PROGRESS
2. Fly fish
3. Go on a horse pack trip in the Rockies
4. Kill a deer
5. Kill a bull moose
6. Ride a bull moose
7. Kill a Grizzly bear
8. Learn to change oil on a car
9. Write another book
10. Learn to identify plants
11. Get paid to speak
12. Learn how to shave with a straight razor
13. Kill my own turkey, cook it, and carve it
14. Go to Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
15. Visit the Black Forrest in Germany
16. Visit Greece
17. Snow board
18. Snow ski
19. Snow shoe
20. Build my own piece of furniture
21. Milk a cow
22. Own a gun
23. Coach high school football
24. Appear on the Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien
25. Have a big family Christmas in Vermont
26. Knit a sweater for myself
27. Learn Java
28. Learn basic photography skills
29. Own a green 1971 Ford F-100 Pickup
"There's plenty of reason. My natural sitting position is with my knees 12-18 inches apart. Any closer than about three inches apart is pretty uncomfortable, to the extent I'd rather stand than sit like that. But,…"