30 Days to a Better Man 2009

Information

30 Days to a Better Man 2009

The official group for the 2009 30 Days to a Better Man Project.

Members: 1316
Latest Activity: 15 hours ago

Discussion Forum

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of 30 Days to a Better Man 2009 to add comments!

Comment by Ryan Shepard on August 21, 2014 at 3:06am

I have one pair to shine.

Comment by Sergio Sanchez on July 3, 2014 at 11:10pm

Shiny shoes baby !!!

Comment by Kurt on December 22, 2013 at 11:46pm

Where's the rundown on the days?

Comment by Joseph L Martin on October 15, 2013 at 8:05pm
To properly shine shoes you can apply wax and use brush to get a regular shine. If you want a high gloss shine try this. Use an old cotton t shirt. Wrap it around your index finger or first two fingers so there is no wrinkles. Dip your cloth covered fingers in warm water quickly. You don't want it soaking. In a circular motion get a small amount of shoe polish onto cloth. You only want to really shine the tip of your shoe up to where the natural crack is from bending your foot. In a circular motion with a little pressure rub wax into shoe until you get desired shine. It can take about 20 minutes on your first go round . Make sure you keep a good momentum with your circles . Its the heat from the slight friction that gives you the shine. I did this everyday in the military when you actually had to shine your boots. Good luck . On a side note brown wax doesn't get as high of a gloss as black.
Comment by Lance on October 14, 2013 at 9:48pm

I've heard most of this material before, but never really taken it to heart. Thats got to change. From here on in, I pledge to complete this challenge. To stick with it and live by my values and be the man my forefathers were and would have wanted me to be.

Comment by Dennis Israel Arellano-Manrique on September 18, 2013 at 12:41pm

So I've been constantly procrastinating about this challenge but I was finally able to put it on paper for day 1. Now on to day two!

Comment by Dennis Israel Arellano-Manrique on September 4, 2013 at 2:07am

have you tried brushing it until it shines? I've been in your shoes in terms of your problem and that's always worked for me.

Comment by Ruger Pearson on August 12, 2013 at 5:45pm

I completed day 2 today. I shined my pair of black dress shoes and they look much better than when I started. However, after shining with kiwi black polish for about 45 minutes my shoes never reached the level of shininess that I had expected. They finished with a moderately reflective matte color and wouldn't get shinier. What can I do to fix this?

Comment by Cody on June 7, 2013 at 1:52pm

Well. Here goes. To you gentlemen here, I pledge to hold myself to this challenge as much as my active duty military schedule permits. Especially with an upcoming move to Fort Carson, Colorado in the next few weeks. I will do my best amidst the chaos to take the time each day to perform that days task and reflect on myself as a man. I'm at a point in my early 20's where such reflection is needed. A newly minted Sergeant in the Armor Corps, a new husband and father to be. For those I love, am committed to constant improvement.

Comment by Tiancheng on April 14, 2013 at 9:59am

I think something really interesting occurred to me. I completed the first task on Day 1 (the day before yesterday), but yesterday I didn't get time to do Day 2 task, which was my bad and lack of control my time. Today I was out with a friend and I noticed my shoes were not shining (it was interesting that I didn't notice it until today), and it does not look good. Back home I thought I'd made up Day 2 task and surprisingly it is "Shine your shoes"!

It's late today so I will have my shoes shone tomorrow. And I realized one of the difficult features regarding this 30-day training is that keeping the pace, one task each day. A good cultivation of persistence. I will try not to miss the "Today's task" in future.

Members (1316)

Latest Activity

Chuck Knight replied to Kit's discussion Awkward problem - embarrassed about the size of my member..
"I don't have to imagine. Gentlemen, it is a real problem."
1 hour ago
Stuart Charles posted a discussion

Moneys... and what to do with em

Hello,I have spent the last year paying off all my credit card debt. I have paid off $10,000 so far, just $1,000 to go.I've been working two jobs to achieve this, and also studying part time so that I can change into a career of my choice (instead of just working in whatever jobs I can get).My next goal will be to save $10,000 as a safety fund.But then, I'm not sure...In what ways do you all invest? Or do you not invest at all? Do you prefer to have it still safety in the bank? Let me know, for…See More
1 hour ago
Stuart Charles replied to Kit's discussion Awkward problem - embarrassed about the size of my member..
"wrap it around your thigh"
1 hour ago
Stuart Charles replied to Will's discussion Is it manly to own a cat?
"I have a cat. His name is Wednesday. We thought it was a female and it 'played' with it's food alot. Found out it was a male. Too late to change the name. He's a murderer. Kills everything. Fights with dogs. The last fight he had…"
1 hour ago
Bob Brower replied to Pale Horse's discussion On Diversity in the group The Great Debate
"from your mouth to gods ears . i hope your right i really really do ."
1 hour ago
Lucius Artorius Castus replied to Pale Horse's discussion On Diversity in the group The Great Debate
"What do you mean we can't fix this? It's a cycle... happens about every 100 years... almost like clockwork... we fix it every time, without killing 2 out of three people. Ecclesiastes 1:9.... there's nothing new under the sun.…"
2 hours ago
Thomas Patrick replied to Andreias's discussion proactively dealing with anger
"He's angry at his wife, he doesn't hate her and he's not going to let someone else disrespect her because he's mad"
2 hours ago
Thomas Patrick replied to Andreias's discussion proactively dealing with anger
"Tell her if she doesn't knock it off you'll slap the shit out of her?Might not be the best idea but you have to show her you're serious about wanting her to treat you better."
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service