30 Days to a Better Man 2009

Information

30 Days to a Better Man 2009

The official group for the 2009 30 Days to a Better Man Project.

Members: 1320
Latest Activity: on Wednesday

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of 30 Days to a Better Man 2009 to add comments!

Comment by Jon on September 10, 2014 at 1:26pm

Shining my shoes has been the best thing ever to me. You see how dirty something is then you clean it up with all your hard work, and then in a matter of time it's almost perfect. That's my little thing in life that I hold dear. I shined my shoes.

Comment by Ryan Shepard on August 21, 2014 at 3:06am

I have one pair to shine.

Comment by Sergio Sanchez on July 3, 2014 at 11:10pm

Shiny shoes baby !!!

Comment by Kurt on December 22, 2013 at 11:46pm

Where's the rundown on the days?

Comment by Joseph L Martin on October 15, 2013 at 8:05pm
To properly shine shoes you can apply wax and use brush to get a regular shine. If you want a high gloss shine try this. Use an old cotton t shirt. Wrap it around your index finger or first two fingers so there is no wrinkles. Dip your cloth covered fingers in warm water quickly. You don't want it soaking. In a circular motion get a small amount of shoe polish onto cloth. You only want to really shine the tip of your shoe up to where the natural crack is from bending your foot. In a circular motion with a little pressure rub wax into shoe until you get desired shine. It can take about 20 minutes on your first go round . Make sure you keep a good momentum with your circles . Its the heat from the slight friction that gives you the shine. I did this everyday in the military when you actually had to shine your boots. Good luck . On a side note brown wax doesn't get as high of a gloss as black.
Comment by Lance on October 14, 2013 at 9:48pm

I've heard most of this material before, but never really taken it to heart. Thats got to change. From here on in, I pledge to complete this challenge. To stick with it and live by my values and be the man my forefathers were and would have wanted me to be.

Comment by Dennis Israel Arellano-Manrique on September 18, 2013 at 12:41pm

So I've been constantly procrastinating about this challenge but I was finally able to put it on paper for day 1. Now on to day two!

Comment by Dennis Israel Arellano-Manrique on September 4, 2013 at 2:07am

have you tried brushing it until it shines? I've been in your shoes in terms of your problem and that's always worked for me.

Comment by Ruger Pearson on August 12, 2013 at 5:45pm

I completed day 2 today. I shined my pair of black dress shoes and they look much better than when I started. However, after shining with kiwi black polish for about 45 minutes my shoes never reached the level of shininess that I had expected. They finished with a moderately reflective matte color and wouldn't get shinier. What can I do to fix this?

Comment by Cody on June 7, 2013 at 1:52pm

Well. Here goes. To you gentlemen here, I pledge to hold myself to this challenge as much as my active duty military schedule permits. Especially with an upcoming move to Fort Carson, Colorado in the next few weeks. I will do my best amidst the chaos to take the time each day to perform that days task and reflect on myself as a man. I'm at a point in my early 20's where such reflection is needed. A newly minted Sergeant in the Armor Corps, a new husband and father to be. For those I love, am committed to constant improvement.

Members (1320)

Latest Activity

John White replied to Will's discussion The red pill
"this is about men who take great pleasure in bashing men thinking all men are the same. "
32 minutes ago
Bryan Maloney replied to TheCommishGordon's discussion Serious questions from a Christian in the group Christian Men
"God can meet you as far as you can go. There is a Jewish story of a man who wrote to his father saying that he could not make it all the way to him. His father replied that the son should go as far as he could, and his father would meet him there."
38 minutes ago
Bryan Maloney replied to Liam's discussion Advice on which translation of The Bible to read in the group Christian Men
"Read more than one. Avoid paraphrases, though. Most paraphrases do note what they are. Each translation is a product of people with some agenda or another."
41 minutes ago
Native Son replied to Joshua Wolf's discussion Fraternal orders for young men?
"Actually, before Tony Wolf and I diverted ourselves about the word "Bohemian", what you are describing is a sort of gentlemen's (or not quite gentlemen) club. a social gathering group for people with a common set of interests.…"
45 minutes ago
Edward Longshanks commented on Ian Wilson's group Out to Build Bridges
"Physically I feel a lot better having ,finally found the courage to come out of the closet to people. First night on AofM I outed myself in my status, and I am glad I finally outed myself to my best friend and my high school classmates"
1 hour ago
Nathanael replied to Will's discussion The red pill
"Poor Will, with his illusions of being happily married."
2 hours ago
Jeremy posted a photo
3 hours ago
Michael D. Denny replied to Joshua Wolf's discussion Fraternal orders for young men?
"boy scouts, 4H, FFA, Orderof Demolay, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,"
3 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service