Mine would be Shubert's "Ave maria" (D. 832, Op. 52, #6 for you purists out there)

I share in hopes that others will share their favorites, and I might discover something new to me.

Views: 755

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, that's why they call 'em classics! Can't go wrong with Canon In D Major, either

Honorable mention:

It's only 4 minutes long, but the brief opera set to Dante Allegaris' Vide Cor Meum, written by Hans Zimmer for the movie Hannibal. I think it is an absolutely beautiful, haunting piece that is both ethereal, ghostly and incredibly romantic. 

Beethoven's "Fur Elise" 

As well, I'll sometimes have the TV on Galaxie's "Baroque" channel, but I don't always catch the title and composer.

Aram Kachaturian, Gayane Ballet Suite (adagio)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB3IokHelRk

Gustav Mahler's Symphony No. 5

I would have to go with this piece. Best is it if you play it quite loudly. To really feel the emotion of the music.

Amen to that. Pure genius.

And, if you're so inclined, you can enjoy it in the comfort of your own home:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ncVblmduSQ&list=UUlDs481_BQLqGC...

Rob's is a more standard configuration for Hauptwerk.

Then there's what's possible if you really have the dough. Another home setup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF82CqPFzGI&feature=c4-overview&...

Not sure if I'm the one you wanted to reply to. Though I appreciate it. I'm not really into the organ music, though my father is.

The post I replied to has disappeared, strangely. It also was about Bach.

Speaking of movie music,, how about,,,,, The Red Violin. 

Strauss' "Death and Transfiguration"

I've got so many favorites, it's hard to choose. I guess my tastes have moved backward in time to early music, but if we're talking classical music, I have to go with Mendelssohn's Scottish Symphony:

RSS

Latest Activity

Jack Bauer commented on Herb Munson's group The Great Debate
"The fine is directly because of the law.  That's inarguable.  The confusion is certainly arguably related.   Obamacare has demonstrably made things worse, especially when considered alongside the upheaval and expenditure…"
5 minutes ago
Nick D Wylie updated their profile
7 minutes ago
Steve Dallas commented on Herb Munson's group The Great Debate
"Like Liam said, I doubt  you could find a liberal/progressive that can't find fault with the law. The vast majority of us who are old enough embraced the Clinton's when they turned it down in '93. We just are so "dense"…"
7 minutes ago
Lucius Artorius Castus commented on Herb Munson's group The Great Debate
"I'm just not seeing the benefit. 800k new insurance sign ups, and $1 trillion spent. Then people like Steve are still uninsured. So what's the point exactly? To spend a shot load of money to say, "oh we tried"?"
8 minutes ago
Liam S. commented on Herb Munson's group The Great Debate
"It's not that we don't find fault in it. We do. It's that the fault we find, tends to be less than the faults in the system nobody was trying to fix before... and that some of what we do see go wrong - per Steve's case, is not…"
16 minutes ago
Izzy posted a group
Thumbnail

The Best in Streaming Video

To answer the eternal question: Is there anything good on television to watch? Are you always looking for the next great show, movie, event on television and would like to see what other folks are recommending. Then this group is for you. I currently have Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime and sometimes I'll spend an hour trying to figure out what to watch or I just throw my hands up in frustration...Help!!!See More
25 minutes ago
Profile IconHoward McEwen, James Lesnar, N Khumalo and 3 more joined Art of Manliness
25 minutes ago
Nate Thallas replied to Andrew D, USA Ret's discussion Atheism ascendant throughout the world? Evidence shows the opposite in the group The Great Debate
"Finally, some else understand this. Jews are also "People of the Book". The actions of extremists cannot be held to represent the views of an entire population. Most Muslims I know are actually very nice people, one of my former bosses…"
29 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service