A few weeks ago I went in to a local outdoor store and spoke with the manager about a possible employment opportunity. He said there weren't any openings now but he asked me to email him a few weeks later. So here I am, a few weeks later, wondering how to write this email. 

My plan is to thank him for his time when I initially spoke with him, and to thank him for having an interest in me. Then I was going to restate my intentions of working there. Does that sound good or should I add something else?

This would also be my first real job, if that matters. 

Views: 577

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds about right, man.

My suggestion is to include the date you spoke with him in the form of Monday the X

And include something about what you looked like or the discussion to job his memory of you in a good way.  Beyond that what you have is good.  

Basically think if he had 3 people he said email me in a few weeks, how would he remember you?

If you can be particular about something you discussed, that's very good.

Also offer to provide additional information and/or arrange another meeting. I usually say, "If I can provide any additional information, such as references or a writing sample, please let me know."

Sent him the email, I added information about when we initially spoke so he might remember. thanks for the help!

RSS

Latest Activity

Profile IconEsuni Iqdam, Raymond Cannon, Alex Nogueira and 4 more joined Art of Manliness
21 minutes ago
Steve Dallas replied to certified male's discussion Suffering Fools and Idiots
"Here I was thinking that a sign of true friendship and maturity was more in line with being able to be friends with a wide variety of people and to be able to stand up for yourself saying that you would like to not discuss a certain topic. That they…"
1 hour ago
Kenneth Cole left a comment for Pale Horse
"Hope you got this message:)"
8 hours ago
Kenneth Cole left a comment for Pale Horse
"Hey buddy , saw in main chat you were reading a book on Hitler.A really great book about him is by his roommate in the Vienna Years. It;s called The Young Hitler I Knew by August Kubizek.Check it out bro:) Kenneth"
8 hours ago
Kevin Morris left a comment for Kenneth Cole
"I agree with you 100% on going shirtless and being proud of your chest hair!  We are men.  I want to look like a MAN and not a prepubescent boy. "
9 hours ago
Kenneth Cole posted a status
"Best buddy in Brasil:)"
9 hours ago
Kenneth Cole posted photos
9 hours ago
Kenneth Cole posted a status
"New Years 2016 in Brasil"
9 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service