A few weeks ago I went in to a local outdoor store and spoke with the manager about a possible employment opportunity. He said there weren't any openings now but he asked me to email him a few weeks later. So here I am, a few weeks later, wondering how to write this email. 

My plan is to thank him for his time when I initially spoke with him, and to thank him for having an interest in me. Then I was going to restate my intentions of working there. Does that sound good or should I add something else?

This would also be my first real job, if that matters. 

Views: 511

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds about right, man.

My suggestion is to include the date you spoke with him in the form of Monday the X

And include something about what you looked like or the discussion to job his memory of you in a good way.  Beyond that what you have is good.  

Basically think if he had 3 people he said email me in a few weeks, how would he remember you?

If you can be particular about something you discussed, that's very good.

Also offer to provide additional information and/or arrange another meeting. I usually say, "If I can provide any additional information, such as references or a writing sample, please let me know."

Sent him the email, I added information about when we initially spoke so he might remember. thanks for the help!

RSS

Latest Activity

Pale Horse replied to jaya jagannath das's discussion Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc.
"1. We've established that. 2. It seems the admins have given him the boot just as quickly."
8 minutes ago
Fernando posted photos
35 minutes ago
Fernando posted photos
36 minutes ago
Rebekah replied to Marco Rodrigues's discussion What should I wear for my senior portraits?
"And they say today's kids are sheltered.  We got instructions from the photography business.  Avoid bright colors (including white) and patterns (including stripes).  Bright colors and patterns don't photograph well. …"
37 minutes ago
John Lee Pettimore replied to jaya jagannath das's discussion Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc.
"He's back!"
38 minutes ago
Pale Horse commented on Pale Horse's status
"Yes, that would explain why there are remnants of him. My mistake."
1 hour ago
Ghaith Lattouf joined Nolan Poulson's group
Thumbnail

The Barbershop

It's just seems natural that Art of Manliness should have a barbershop group.  My intent of this group is to gather and share general thoughts and experiences concerning barbershops. Anything from a good barbershop that you have found  to pictures and stories of shops you have visited to discussing anything barbershop.  See More
1 hour ago
Cthulhu's Revenge replied to Demetri Martinez's discussion Falling in Love Hurts
"Agree with this ^^ She sounds like 'one of those girls' that blow hot and cold. let her do the chasing, best way to keep them simmerin' "
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service