Hello all, I'm having a hard time at work with my current manager and was wondering if I could get any advice on what to do. So a few months ago I was given the opportunity to get a full time position at another store for the company I work for that was closer to the college I'm going to. The store I transferred to is in need of help and wasn't as good of a store as my previous one. Without giving out too much information I work for one of the better well known computer repair companies. Anyway, within a few days of working at this new store I noticed there were a lot of issues that needed to be resolved that were hurting the business. I let a week go by and brought such issues up to my manager. She acknowledged these issues and even listened to things that I know if we were to implement would benefit the workplace. However after listening she continues to go about things in a manner that is hurting our workplace. I'm confident that I know what issues are affecting my workplace and what needs to be done in order to fix them however its hard trying to get current leadership to implement changes that would benefit the workplace. Its obvious to me also that the last store I worked at was far more efficient than my last store and that I have just as much and if not more knowledge about the company and how to fix, handle, and go about things than my current manager. As one of the newer guys to the team its hard to get the other workers on board with my ideas on how to better our business and its especially hard to work under a manager who comes to me when they have questions on how to handle certain situations and how to better our workplace and environment. Morale is low and other workers don't seem to care about the business due to management. I now know what issues there are in the workplace and how exactly to fix them, however I'm stuck in a position with a leader who I feel does not know how to lead and doesn't take the position they are in seriously. I've reached out to management multiple times and they all agree that my ideas based off my experience from my last store would better my current one. The problem here is i'm stuck under a leader who doesn't seem to care or have the ability to lead. If anyone at all has some advice it would be much appreciated. 

Thanks!

Views: 239

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Two options:

Be Average: watch and learn from her mistakes so that you won't make them when you are at that level.

Be Great: learn how to "sell" your ideas to your boss. Make her a success and she'll be an ally long past this company.

You're not going to like this, but those things in your ears won't help you being taken seriously.  

And use paragraphs!

RSS

Latest Activity

Lumberjoe replied to Sir's discussion Class in the group The Great Debate
"I grew up in one of my city's worst neighbourhoods which, at the time, was considered one of the worst neighbourhoods in the entire country. I now live in a big house in one of the better neighbourhoods in my city. My wife and I both…"
2 hours ago
Pale Horse replied to Ameretta's discussion Should I kill Myself Because I am a black woman?
"Same."
2 hours ago
Lumberjoe replied to Ameretta's discussion Should I kill Myself Because I am a black woman?
"Not sure if genuine cry for help or just trolling."
2 hours ago
Tejas Gokhale updated their profile
2 hours ago
Braeden posted a discussion

Endless Forms Most Beautiful

“Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being,…See More
14 hours ago
Jack Bauer replied to Ameretta's discussion Should I kill Myself Because I am a black woman?
"Ideally not. Best I can tell, your complaint is that men -- particularly Asian or Korean men -- aren't into dark-skinned women. You say your parents immigrated to the U.S., so it doesn't sound like you live in Asia. You call yourself a…"
18 hours ago
Drew Wood replied to Chris J.'s discussion Taking a nature walk...barechested in the group The Shirtless Man
"That is a great feeling, especially on a warm Spring day!"
20 hours ago
Kit the Odd replied to Sir's discussion Class in the group The Great Debate
"I'll have to think about this some more, but one things comes to mind right off. The volatility of the classes makes for some of the mismatches you mention.  Purely income-wise I grew up probably somewhere between middle-class and…"
yesterday

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service