Men,

A perfect relationship. A perfect job. Perfect feelings. A perfect friend. Perfect results. A perfect day. What could seem more like the perfect friend than perfection?

We take the desire for it perfectly for granted!

Yet, somehow, perfection often eludes us. I just don’t feel right. My partner turns out to be different from what I thought. I hate my job. Love has let me down. I could feel better. Anyway, I can’t really figure out what I want…or should want.

It seems there are so many ways to express the lack of perfection that actually is in our lives. So why is its absence such a mystery?

What in fact makes perfection such an enemy?

Each man of us is encouraged to examine the unique ways that “I personally” crave for perfection. Each man of us is encouraged to name the personal ways in which perfection is my enemy.

Please add your wisdom to our community.

Tags: enemy, feelings, hate, love, mystery, partner, perfection, wisdom

Views: 703

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"... Dad's advice about perfection built my work ethic, and led to my unhappiness. Here's what I'll tell my kids instead..."

Hey guys! Great article on this question at Salon

RSS

Latest Activity

Regular Joe replied to East London Gent's discussion Business Trip Anxiety
"Everyone wins!"
9 minutes ago
Tim replied to Kevin's discussion Abercrombie advertising in the group The Shirtless Man
"Yes, I think this is disturbing too but it is not a new phenomenon as it is already happening in advertising geared towards women and girls (e.g. Victoria Secret). More exposed flesh, more $$! Note that in many of these ads, photoshop is often used…"
9 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Christian's discussion 20 year old looking for advice from you "white collar" gents.....is the money worth it?
"First, there are two sides to the wealth-building equation.  Income is one.  Outgo is the other.  With intelligent personal finance, you can build a solid mountain of wealth on much less income than you'd think. …"
10 minutes ago
Regular Joe replied to Padre's discussion Girls in football
"That doesn't look like man VS woman; that looks like man who knows how to box VS woman who doesn't know how to box. When it's trained VS untrained, trained almost always wins by a landslide. When it's trained VS trained,…"
12 minutes ago
Thomas Patrick replied to Padre's discussion Girls in football
49 minutes ago
Thomas Patrick replied to Padre's discussion Girls in football
"Its just high school, my high school had a female running back for a couple of years but she quit in her senior year I think"
58 minutes ago
Kevin added a discussion to the group The Shirtless Man
Thumbnail

Abercrombie advertising

In his discussion about whether his shirtless picture was classroom appropriate, Brown fox mentioned Abercrombie & Fitch bags.  If you live in a town with an A&F, then you know that these bags are invariably adorned with the image of a shirtless, adolescent aged male model, with perfectly chiseled pecs and washboard abs.  These models are usually stunning enough to cause even completely heterosexual men to take a second look.  This form of advertising has always baffled me a bit.  I…See More
1 hour ago
East London Gent replied to East London Gent's discussion Business Trip Anxiety
"Ok so she went. Twice. Pretty much the best thing to happen to our relationship. Massive wake up call for me in seeing that there's life outside of the relationship, and when I live it, I feel more relaxed, more secure, and more fulfilled than…"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service