Who would you pick to sit on a porch and while away an afternoon with?

Lots of times when I read old family letters and journals, or when I see a video like the one I've embedded, I wish I could spend an afternoon with someone sitting on my porch, passing the time chatting during a rainstorm. 

Who would you pick?

Views: 1060

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pertwee, actually.  Though ol' "teeth and curls" would be a close second.

Matt Smith, for these reasons:

Fezzes are cool;

None of the Doctors had much use for male companions, but that one was eventually civil to Rory;

River.

Matt Smith?! What?! What?! 

WHAT?!

River.

Rose.

That's like answering "Dr. Who" with "Commander Riker."

Well Riker could play the trombone...

If you like Smith better than Tennant, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

Honestly There is even the vibe in the show itself where they kind of look down on the 10th Doctor a bit. He whines when its his time to regenerate and says "I don't want to go"- he's the Doctor who regrets...

I don't think his being "the Doctor who regrets" demeans him, just gives him greater humanity. He's always apologizing to people who get caught in the crossfire, and even rewrote a fixed point in time in an attempt to save the Mars crew. (and he whined because fans everywhere were whining. lol)

True... He was the toughest Doctor and very cold at times so I give him props for that. 

Tennant looks the part better for me than anyone except Tom Baker.  But the story line with Amy, Rory, River, was just too good.

RSS

Latest Activity

Carl Byrd replied to Michael D. Denny's discussion Urinating Outdoors
"I grew up in the country like many of you and peeing outside wasn't a big deal. I live in an apartment now. We are looking for a house in town. I can't believe the city and neighborhood rules in some of these places. Neighbors will call…"
1 hour ago
Nick DeChane replied to Michael D. Denny's discussion Urinating Outdoors
"I grew up in the country, so to me it was always a normal thing. When my brothers, cousins and I were younger we would have contests to see who could pee the farthest. Just beware when it's windy out!"
2 hours ago
Nick DeChane replied to Specs's discussion Real Men.
"I disagree with number seven. Men are aggressive by nature and while it isn't always needed, it's a valid way for men to settle problems. To quote Navy SEAL Ryan Job, "Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve…"
2 hours ago
Cletus Rothschild replied to Specs's discussion Real Men.
""And at the same time be prepared to maturely voice your opinions and have logical discussions.""
4 hours ago
blackjack replied to Brett McKay's discussion New Moderators
"it's so cool"
7 hours ago
Liam Strain replied to blackjack's discussion Development of the Automobile
"Dude. These are not discussions. You are copying and pasting entirely from other websites. Use the blog space if you just want to regurgitate wikipedia entries.  Or in this case "the Victorian…"
8 hours ago
blackjack posted discussions
8 hours ago
Michael K. Gillespie replied to Beowulf87's discussion Beard vitamins? Or other ways to thicken the beard?
"Hey there! Beards are like a source of pride for men. But it can be tough if it is not in genes, right? See the point is to make your beard grow thicker the first thing to do is start exercising regularly. This will help blood circulation which…"
8 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service