I keep trying to turn this post into a four-paragraph ordeal. Short version:

See the attachment for a picture of me from about three months ago, to get an idea of how I dress on a normal day. (I've lost about 30 pounds since then, but that doesn't affect my shoes. And, obviously, I dress differently in summer.) I wear khakis when the occasion demands something that is not jeans.

Looking for something that works for casual wear with jeans, but can also work with a pair of khakis. Trouble is, I wear an 11 4E, and all I can seem to find are sneakers, sandals, moc toes, and things that are way too formal. To be clear: I hate moc toes, so those are out.

I'm going to try a pair of 11 W (2E equivalent) Durst saddles from Johnston & Murphy, in mahogany, but I'm not hopeful.

I feel like I've looked everywhere online already. Anyone happen to know a place I can get a brown or grey pair of one-color bucks/saddles/Oxfords that don't look way too formal with jeans... in my size?

(For reference, take a look at the saddles I ordered from J&M: http://www.johnstonmurphy.com/product.aspx?c=1620&pid=38880&...)

Views: 431

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Woops, said brown or grey (*and* linked to the brown shoes). Meant black or grey (and to link to the black ones). Obviously, other accessories (and coat) are black, so the shoes should ideally be black, too.

Hitchcock Shoes

I have a similar issue (11 1/2, EEE).  The extra wide sizes on some of the Aldens (I think it's the "Barrie" last) run really wide.  Try www.shoemart.com and don't hesitate to call them either.  Some folks there are very knowledgeable.

I think the Aldens are a bit out of my price range at the moment (I could afford them, but it probably wouldn't be a good idea), but they've got a huge selection under the "very wide" list. Thanks! 

That link goes to a domain parking site.  Do you maybe mean www.theshoemart.com ?

Maybe try Allen Edmonds. The web page indicates they only go up to a 3E but depending on the style they can fit loose. I would personally try them on in a store then wait for a sale on-line. Zappos seems to have sales on regularly. Also I believe they can be re-soled so you can get more mileage out of your investment.

Next to that I would try and find a local cobbler. Where I live there isn’t a Shoe cobbler anymore but there is a boot company, where I got a great pair of custom made boots. When they wear out I just send them back and get new soles put on for $85.

Johnny

RSS

Latest Activity

Elon Erani replied to Will Whitson's discussion Bloggers, how do you promote your site?
"Will. Welcome to the hood! Make yourself at home. I always wanted to visit Myrtle Beach. Hopefully. I will make it happen some day."
7 minutes ago
Elon Erani replied to Niko's discussion Greetings from Germany
"Welcome Niko!"
15 minutes ago
Josh Allen commented on Josh Allen's photo
Thumbnail

Josh100LuBu - Such A Powerful Photo!

"Keep poking fun, your only making a statement about yourself not me."
15 minutes ago
Leto Atreides II commented on Josh Allen's photo
Thumbnail

"I'll just continue to poke fun at your dumb ass until it bores me. It's interesting that you spout out all that bullsh*t but when it comes time to put up or shut up you change the subject."
23 minutes ago
Thumbnail

"You don't offend me lol, small minds cannot comprehend big spirits. Go away."
25 minutes ago
Leto Atreides II commented on Josh Allen's photo
Thumbnail

"I'd bet even your puny arms could make that hammer head exist inside your mind."
28 minutes ago
Thumbnail

"I've heard that argument before, pain is perception too John. You live your life in your mind, everything that exists first exists in the mind."
30 minutes ago
Thumbnail

"Will I am not the first person to investigate the moon projection/green screen theory. I just wanted to shine some light on a rather obscure but important topic."
39 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service