I am 32 and looking for a relaxing vacation destination in the U.S.  I googled vacations for single guys, but everything revolves around partying and getting laid.  That sounds nice, but I'm just looking to relax and get away from work.  I will be going by myself. 

Tags: vacation

Views: 2355

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A ski resort in summer -- hiking.

A campground or cabins -- same deal.

A relatively remote beach area.

That sounds like what you'd like.

Utah. Maybe it's just me, but I absolutely love the Salt Lake Valley. For a very simple hike, go up to Cecret Lake (can't remember if it's in Big or Little Cottonwood Canyon--big I think?), and if you can admire architecture without being bothered by the LDS-centricity, take a stroll through Temple Square. Also check out the church visitor's center's garden rooftop, and for an even shorter hike, but beautiful view of the whole valley, go to Ensign Peak. Great place to shout out your manliness at the top of your lungs. The place soothes my soul.
The Texas Hill Country, west of Austin, Northwest of San Antonio.  Hundreds of little towns, restaurants, bars, wineries, breweries, local museums, graveyards, ghost towns and cold rivers to float an inner tube down.  It's just a local call to Heaven, down there.  And every car you meet on the two lane highway will wave "hello".  After all, out in Luckenbach, Texas, ain't nobody feelin' no pain.
That sounds fun.  As much as it pains me to say this, Austin is nice place.  I'm an Oklahoma grad.  I might take a couple weeks off work, pack a bag and just take off.  I've worked so much that doing even the easiest thing takes all I have.  I just don't give a shit anymore and that's not like me.
Yeah, Austin is a nice place, but it's gotten crowded since Dell moved down there.  I'm a Longhorn, myself, and I have to say, Austin has become a nightmare.  I even took my wife, down there, before we were married.  Not only is she a Sooner like yourself, her family ran in the Land Run.  And her cousin played under Barry.  She loved the place, when we went, but now it's too crowded for her.  Look just west of Austin, like Fredericksburg, Comfort, Bandera, Marble Falls, Llano, Wimberley, Killeen, New Braunfels and Gruene.  They are close enough to major metropolitan centers that you can head into town, if you want, but far enough out of the hubbub to take it easy, if you want.  And the food is to die for!  Tex-Mex, German, Barbecue, fresh fish.  Guy Clark even wrote a song about it.  Look up the lyrics to "Texas Cookin'".

Fredericksburg is a great town - good food, good beer, and the Museum of the Pacific War - dedicated to the memory of Admiral Nimitz and all those who served in the Pacific in WW2. We're talking serious manliness here.

Where did you Graduate from?

My favorite place to go to just kick back and relax is the Florida Keys.....  fly in rent a car rent a bungalow and just kick back.......
If you are looking for something relaxing, I'd say take a camping trip up in the mountains somewhere. It doesn't have to include too much hiking. Just find somewhere nice near a lake or river, pop down a tent, go fishing.
A single guy can vacation..."ANYWHERE HE WANTS TOO!"
So what was everyone's best (and worst) "single guy" vacations?

My best single guy vacation was not far from my worst either.  I was a born again bachelor with too much accrued leave in the Army so I checked out the USAF hop schedule and ended up in San Fransisco.  Ate a lot of Chinese food, stayed in "captains' quarters" on a Navy base (very nice), looked up an old friend from high school, spanked some dart sharps, and was bored to death in three days.  Ended up back in the woods near Anchorage hiking with my stupid great dane.

RSS

Latest Activity

Edward Warden commented on thehuhman's group Men Over 50
"Elon, thanks.  I used the book 7 Weeks to 100 Pushups to reach that goal.  I should have started earlier, however, because it took me much, much longer to get there. "
23 minutes ago
Lucius Artorius Castus replied to Will's discussion The red pill
""where did [he] say that? instead of being a troll, how about posting something intelligent?""
46 minutes ago
Leto Atreides II replied to Nick F's discussion Is sexual trolling a thing here? in the group Christian Men
"Heh, I'd forgotten about that one."
1 hour ago
Leto Atreides II replied to Will's discussion The red pill
"Sucks when you can't delete a discussion once you start getting your ass handed to you, huh?"
1 hour ago
Lucas Fialho replied to Will's discussion The red pill
"The most of brazilians sites who explore the manliness values sustain this same point of view. To me its really sad to see someone behaving like that. Most people who see world like this think the only womans who behave like a 50s movie house wife…"
1 hour ago
Carl Monster commented on Will's group New Warriors
"Our men's group is sputtering out. They have tried to get more to come, but men in this area seem to be too guarded and practical to be into this sort of thing. The experience has been a gift and I will remember it fondly."
1 hour ago
Penelope replied to Will's discussion The red pill
"It's always hard to know whether the law should be normative or descriptive on social issues.  Like Airbnb - the new laws to regulate it legitimize it, which will tend to foreclose efforts to weed it out.  So, yeah, rules for…"
1 hour ago
Carl Monster replied to Upside down bloke's discussion Nature of relationships
"I honestly have never given it any thought. Been married to someone for 19 years now, and lived with her as a couple for eight years before. It just works somehow. I'm sure it's aided by we are each other's best friend, and also share…"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service