I'm going to a wine tasting and vineyard tour event. There's also a bit of networking opportunities to be had. Any ideas of what to wear? My natural instinct always leads me to a waistcoat. Maybe a suit. Maybe a tweed jacket. But if I'm touring a vineyard, there's a possibility it could be muddy. Then there's the wine tasting and networking with possible future employees, I still need to be on top form with my clothes. Any ideas?

Views: 263

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Question: Who is putting the event on or is it simply a 'tour'?

If it is simply a tour then pretty much any clean well cut clothes such as jeans, nice clean shoes, polo or button down; khakis, polo or button down; ...

If it is an event sponsored as a fund-raiser then step up your game.  Slacks, nice shoes, button down, sport coat.

If it an event held by a company with which you work or want to work then same as fund-raiser.

If it is a 'formal' event hosted by the winery or even a company or fund-raising org then you can call and find out what the dress will be; probably formal-wear.

The vineyard is putting on the event to show its new products to retailers. It includes a tour around the vineyard and its facilities.  Its a good networking opportunity for me.

How so? Are you in the industry? 

My wife runs a farm shop that sells their existing products. I'm 42 and want to move from electrical retail, into the world of wine so im starting from scratch. She managed to get me into the event as a chance to meet people in the industry.

Ah! Gotcha. Then creep the previous event pics and mirror what the attendees are wearing. Too casual will make you look like a scrub. Too formal will create barriers between you and the others. 

RSS

Latest Activity

Red_Beard replied to Joseph L. Rogers's discussion Current forms of Chivalry in the group Chivalry
"I would have to agree with a number of previous comments that geography doesn't have all that much to do with it.  I am from Nebraska and was raised with good manners.  I continually try improve my manners: i.e. standing when a woman…"
11 minutes ago
Sir replied to Moe Kanz's discussion Long hair gents...
"I assume you mean 35gjyz4r6bpo1.  That member does not exist."
28 minutes ago
Pale Horse replied to Moe Kanz's discussion Long hair gents...
"Jeez guys. Look at the date it was posted."
1 hour ago
Steven Stock replied to Pale Horse's discussion Backsliding in the group Christian Men
"Your first quote was to say that sin(ning) is not what decides who is saved. The second quote is to bring into question perseverance of the saints, if Paul seems to be saying one can indeed be disqualified.The two are not part of the same…"
1 hour ago
Mongoose replied to Moe Kanz's discussion Long hair gents...
"I do hope the moderators take a look at this. This does appear to be someone who was banned multiple times. If the moderators have viewed this, then they are welcome to delete this post."
1 hour ago
Chris Johnson replied to Shawn K's discussion External Apologetics in the group Gentlemen Apologists
"  Having never read this source material, you may simply disregard any and all contributions I may make; that said, is this a study in external apologetics in that does or does not use biblical text? That is a discussion I have had on occasion…"
1 hour ago
Mongoose replied to Moe Kanz's discussion Long hair gents...
"It may be interesting to note (and I may have even noted it earlier in this discussion, but my memory fails and I"m in the middle of paperwork and not looking it up) that Disney and almost all romantic graphics (eg: the pictures on romance…"
1 hour ago
John A. replied to Moe Kanz's discussion Long hair gents...
"Josh, is that you?  "
1 hour ago

© 2015   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service