I'm going to a wine tasting and vineyard tour event. There's also a bit of networking opportunities to be had. Any ideas of what to wear? My natural instinct always leads me to a waistcoat. Maybe a suit. Maybe a tweed jacket. But if I'm touring a vineyard, there's a possibility it could be muddy. Then there's the wine tasting and networking with possible future employees, I still need to be on top form with my clothes. Any ideas?

Views: 240

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Question: Who is putting the event on or is it simply a 'tour'?

If it is simply a tour then pretty much any clean well cut clothes such as jeans, nice clean shoes, polo or button down; khakis, polo or button down; ...

If it is an event sponsored as a fund-raiser then step up your game.  Slacks, nice shoes, button down, sport coat.

If it an event held by a company with which you work or want to work then same as fund-raiser.

If it is a 'formal' event hosted by the winery or even a company or fund-raising org then you can call and find out what the dress will be; probably formal-wear.

The vineyard is putting on the event to show its new products to retailers. It includes a tour around the vineyard and its facilities.  Its a good networking opportunity for me.

How so? Are you in the industry? 

My wife runs a farm shop that sells their existing products. I'm 42 and want to move from electrical retail, into the world of wine so im starting from scratch. She managed to get me into the event as a chance to meet people in the industry.

Ah! Gotcha. Then creep the previous event pics and mirror what the attendees are wearing. Too casual will make you look like a scrub. Too formal will create barriers between you and the others. 

RSS

Latest Activity

benson marco posted a status
""
17 minutes ago
Brown Fox commented on Chris O.'s group Manly Bow Tie Wearers
"The seniors at my school decided to have a dress up day last week. Many sported bow ties. All of them were clip-ons or were tied by their sisters. The next day I wore a bow tie so I could teach them all how to tie one. I told them that it was one of…"
37 minutes ago
Will replied to Bryon Perona's discussion The Masculinity of Jesus in the group Christian Men
"An hour is quite a commitment. Can you summarize?"
1 hour ago
benson marco posted a status
1 hour ago
Michael D. Denny replied to James Sullivan's discussion Strange sexual dreams?
"Unless you wake up in the morning and your penis looks like a bicycle grip, I wouldn't worry about it."
2 hours ago
Michael D. Denny replied to James Sullivan's discussion Strange sexual dreams?
"Or more of them, whichever"
2 hours ago
Andrew Ross replied to Alan Robertson's discussion Getting Back into the habit of exercising. Any tips for getting back into the groove? (MUCH BETTER TITLE)
"It's all about doing something that's simultaneously active, but extremely fun. For me that's mountain biking. It's hard work, and it can hurt sometimes but it is just so fun I never want to stop no matter how beat I am. And when…"
2 hours ago
Brad Williams replied to Brad Williams's discussion Shooting clays - worth it for $2,000? in the group Riflemen
"Yeah, that's a good point.  What I did in Tennessee was sporting clays at a place that also had 5 stand.  So we'll see if skeet and trap are as fun to me as 21 stations in the woods was."
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service