I'm going to a wine tasting and vineyard tour event. There's also a bit of networking opportunities to be had. Any ideas of what to wear? My natural instinct always leads me to a waistcoat. Maybe a suit. Maybe a tweed jacket. But if I'm touring a vineyard, there's a possibility it could be muddy. Then there's the wine tasting and networking with possible future employees, I still need to be on top form with my clothes. Any ideas?

Views: 248

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Question: Who is putting the event on or is it simply a 'tour'?

If it is simply a tour then pretty much any clean well cut clothes such as jeans, nice clean shoes, polo or button down; khakis, polo or button down; ...

If it is an event sponsored as a fund-raiser then step up your game.  Slacks, nice shoes, button down, sport coat.

If it an event held by a company with which you work or want to work then same as fund-raiser.

If it is a 'formal' event hosted by the winery or even a company or fund-raising org then you can call and find out what the dress will be; probably formal-wear.

The vineyard is putting on the event to show its new products to retailers. It includes a tour around the vineyard and its facilities.  Its a good networking opportunity for me.

How so? Are you in the industry? 

My wife runs a farm shop that sells their existing products. I'm 42 and want to move from electrical retail, into the world of wine so im starting from scratch. She managed to get me into the event as a chance to meet people in the industry.

Ah! Gotcha. Then creep the previous event pics and mirror what the attendees are wearing. Too casual will make you look like a scrub. Too formal will create barriers between you and the others. 

RSS

Latest Activity

Will replied to Hannah Carroll's discussion Rows and Bros- The Manly Art of Knitting??
"I'm still waiting on that one."
19 minutes ago
Hannah Carroll replied to Hannah Carroll's discussion Rows and Bros- The Manly Art of Knitting??
"Today I learned that apparently the number one threat to women is...grown men who still eat spaghetti o's? "
27 minutes ago
Shane replied to Hannah Carroll's discussion Rows and Bros- The Manly Art of Knitting??
"This is how women get beat. How in the hell did she manage to expire a can of spaghetti o's? Why the fuck can't she use a can opener?"
40 minutes ago
Herb Munson left a comment for Hannah Carroll
"Hello Hannah, welcome to The Great Debate!"
48 minutes ago
Scott J replied to Hannah Carroll's discussion Rows and Bros- The Manly Art of Knitting??
"Love it."
53 minutes ago
Scott J replied to Hannah Carroll's discussion Rows and Bros- The Manly Art of Knitting??
"Thank you, folks. It was therapeutic in a way."
54 minutes ago
Hannah Carroll replied to Hannah Carroll's discussion Rows and Bros- The Manly Art of Knitting??
"Nothing makes me miss art school more than "Piss Christ" and Miss Mac'n Cheese Snatch. "
54 minutes ago
Leto Atreides II replied to Hannah Carroll's discussion Rows and Bros- The Manly Art of Knitting??
"Well, Andres Serrano did win an award for a photograph of a crucifix in a glass of his urine. And then there's this..."
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service