I'm going to a wine tasting and vineyard tour event. There's also a bit of networking opportunities to be had. Any ideas of what to wear? My natural instinct always leads me to a waistcoat. Maybe a suit. Maybe a tweed jacket. But if I'm touring a vineyard, there's a possibility it could be muddy. Then there's the wine tasting and networking with possible future employees, I still need to be on top form with my clothes. Any ideas?

Views: 296

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Question: Who is putting the event on or is it simply a 'tour'?

If it is simply a tour then pretty much any clean well cut clothes such as jeans, nice clean shoes, polo or button down; khakis, polo or button down; ...

If it is an event sponsored as a fund-raiser then step up your game.  Slacks, nice shoes, button down, sport coat.

If it an event held by a company with which you work or want to work then same as fund-raiser.

If it is a 'formal' event hosted by the winery or even a company or fund-raising org then you can call and find out what the dress will be; probably formal-wear.

The vineyard is putting on the event to show its new products to retailers. It includes a tour around the vineyard and its facilities.  Its a good networking opportunity for me.

How so? Are you in the industry? 

My wife runs a farm shop that sells their existing products. I'm 42 and want to move from electrical retail, into the world of wine so im starting from scratch. She managed to get me into the event as a chance to meet people in the industry.

Ah! Gotcha. Then creep the previous event pics and mirror what the attendees are wearing. Too casual will make you look like a scrub. Too formal will create barriers between you and the others. 

RSS

Latest Activity

Kenneth Cole commented on Kenneth Cole's photo
Thumbnail

13221647_10154170733774486_71620291482249276_n

"Thanks bro, it's easy to keep clean:) Kenny"
18 minutes ago
Shane commented on Herb Munson's group The Great Debate
"So many feelings expressed in those quotes...."
35 minutes ago
Liam Strain commented on Herb Munson's group The Great Debate
"Some other quotes from the period - feel free to dismiss them as irrelevant for not being the president, but they were certainly people with enough knowledge to make an educated call of their own.http://www.doug-long.com/quotes.htm"
40 minutes ago
Liam Strain commented on Herb Munson's group The Great Debate
"Obama is not saying we should not have dropped it. He is saying that we can sympathize for those innocents who died in its use, and use the lessons we learned in that war and those decisions, going forward. FWIW - among those who did have to…"
43 minutes ago
Pale Horse commented on Herb Munson's group The Great Debate
"To quote Truman, “That bomb caused the Japanese to surrender, and it stopped the war. I don’t care what the crybabies say now, because they didn’t have to make the decision.”  Anybody who doesn't like what we…"
50 minutes ago
Pale Horse commented on Herb Munson's group The Great Debate
"Vendetta, I'm not playing into anything. I posted that here because Shapiro is more eloquent than me. Obama is a globalist and obviously thinks that nuking two of their cities was worse than a full scale, bloody invasion, and that America is…"
53 minutes ago
Nick H replied to John Muir's discussion Lost In Translation
"Bay d'Espoir is an area from my home province that translates from the French to 'Bay of Hope' yet in English is pronounced as 'Bay Despair'. More confusing is that Bay Despair may have been the original name but was wrongly…"
2 hours ago
Vendetta commented on Herb Munson's group The Great Debate
"PH, that is such a BS opinion piece.  I can say with 100% certainty that there is nothing that obama could have said to get a positive article out of the author.  Its BS, don't play into it, you are smarter than that."
2 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service