Hello Everybody,

After a recent visit to my father, he decided to gift me one hundred dollars, on the stipulation that I spend it on a gift for myself. Now I am rather simplistic, so there is nothing in mind I had lined up, so I am wondering if my fellow AoM members know of anything in particular.

Important information:

1. I am 23 and have one month of college left, then I must enter the real world.

2. I have a straight razor (b/c someone will post that answer)

3. My fiancee manages a rather meticulous budgeting system which has already paid for all of the parties, plays, movies, dinners, and concerts we/I want to attend for the next 6 mos. (she is amazing, but she may be a financial robot. I have no problem with that).

4. I do not want any more books or music atm, my reading list is massive.

5. I like things to be simple and functional/useful.

6. I want it to be manly and last indefinitely. 

Views: 1719

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A knife.

+1, you can get a pretty badass knife for $100

Yeah I like that Idea. You can get a really nice Swiss Army Knife for under $50.  

an e-reader

a leather portfolio for job interviews

a big chunk off a nice pair of dress shoes.

alternately, a solid, mechanical wristwatch (seiko 5 series for example)

+1. I love my Seiko 5 (It's my first watch) even though it's automatic and not mechanical.

Automatics are usually mechanical self-winders. I make the distinction between mechanical and quartz. If it says automatic (and especially if it gives a jewel count) it's a mechanical watch. My recollection is all the Seiko 5's are mechanical. 

Ah, being new to the watch stuff, I thought mechanical solely referred to watches you wind by hand. Thanks for clearing that up.

I have some amazing dress shoes, Aristocraft Aldrich II and Lefler hand made Italians from Johnston and Murphy for formal wear and Biarritz Wing Tips from Ecco, for Casual. A watch is a fantastic idea and a lot classier than using a cell phone to check the time...

If you go with a watch, you can catch some pretty nice deals on amazon right now. They're having a big fall watch sale.

Donate it and feel good on the inside.

Leatherman?

This would be a fantastic option if it wouldn't disrespect his intentions, which are to have me buy myself something for myself, because that is something I rarely do. I am on edge for a Leatherman, because I do want a new pocket knife, but I do have others.

RSS

Latest Activity

Stephanus Martellus commented on Denis E. Ambrose, Jr.'s group Catholic Men
"Latin or not, is not the most important aspect. It's the whole structure of the New Liturgy, which alientas many man http://www.lmschairman.org/2015/07/the-traditional-mass-and-men-new.html"
2 hours ago
Nick H replied to Todd Serveto's discussion Revolting, Macabre Details About Planned Parenthood's Gruesome Barbarism--Where Are The Excuses? in the group The Great Debate
"Fertilised eggs cannot maintain homeostasis, change any variable in the womb and they die. Also, most living cells meet your criteria so are you saying that if one amputated a living arm (whose cells meet your criteria) then that person would be a…"
2 hours ago
Nick H replied to Joshua Hudson's discussion 5 Quick Tips To Accomplish Any Goal You Set
"People make careers these days by getting hits on YouTube. I think Denny is spot on. The guy has made no contributions to AOM other than promoting his own videos in YouTube (and indirectly his own website). It's rude. The guy is basically…"
3 hours ago
Todd Serveto replied to Joshua Hudson's discussion 5 Quick Tips To Accomplish Any Goal You Set
"Good grief.  Michael, that is so offensive and unnecessary.  I don't know Joshua Hudson, but he's obviously trying to do something helpful to benefit men trying to achieve goals---why do you have to call him a…"
4 hours ago
Daniel replied to Todd Serveto's discussion Revolting, Macabre Details About Planned Parenthood's Gruesome Barbarism--Where Are The Excuses? in the group The Great Debate
"I don't understand how any surgeon can do what they do on a daily basis. Even watching footage of a knee surgery can make my blood run cold, but I wouldn't go so far as to say the Dr's are getting some kind of sexually…"
6 hours ago
Michael D. Denny replied to Todd Serveto's discussion Revolting, Macabre Details About Planned Parenthood's Gruesome Barbarism--Where Are The Excuses? in the group The Great Debate
"Never worked on a hog farm before? I've seen pigs eat their babies."
6 hours ago
Michael D. Denny replied to Joshua Hudson's discussion 5 Quick Tips To Accomplish Any Goal You Set
"Is vamping free advertising on other people's blogs one of your goals, capt. Metrosexual?"
6 hours ago
Todd Serveto replied to Todd Serveto's discussion Revolting, Macabre Details About Planned Parenthood's Gruesome Barbarism--Where Are The Excuses? in the group The Great Debate
"AND A FOURTH VIDEO COMES TO LIGHT!   http://www.centerformedicalprogress.org/ I saw this and commented, "these people are PIGS"...then I caught myself and realized that even pigs don't do things like this.  I'd…"
6 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service