Hello Everybody,

After a recent visit to my father, he decided to gift me one hundred dollars, on the stipulation that I spend it on a gift for myself. Now I am rather simplistic, so there is nothing in mind I had lined up, so I am wondering if my fellow AoM members know of anything in particular.

Important information:

1. I am 23 and have one month of college left, then I must enter the real world.

2. I have a straight razor (b/c someone will post that answer)

3. My fiancee manages a rather meticulous budgeting system which has already paid for all of the parties, plays, movies, dinners, and concerts we/I want to attend for the next 6 mos. (she is amazing, but she may be a financial robot. I have no problem with that).

4. I do not want any more books or music atm, my reading list is massive.

5. I like things to be simple and functional/useful.

6. I want it to be manly and last indefinitely. 

Views: 1688

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A knife.

+1, you can get a pretty badass knife for $100

Yeah I like that Idea. You can get a really nice Swiss Army Knife for under $50.  

an e-reader

a leather portfolio for job interviews

a big chunk off a nice pair of dress shoes.

alternately, a solid, mechanical wristwatch (seiko 5 series for example)

+1. I love my Seiko 5 (It's my first watch) even though it's automatic and not mechanical.

Automatics are usually mechanical self-winders. I make the distinction between mechanical and quartz. If it says automatic (and especially if it gives a jewel count) it's a mechanical watch. My recollection is all the Seiko 5's are mechanical. 

Ah, being new to the watch stuff, I thought mechanical solely referred to watches you wind by hand. Thanks for clearing that up.

I have some amazing dress shoes, Aristocraft Aldrich II and Lefler hand made Italians from Johnston and Murphy for formal wear and Biarritz Wing Tips from Ecco, for Casual. A watch is a fantastic idea and a lot classier than using a cell phone to check the time...

If you go with a watch, you can catch some pretty nice deals on amazon right now. They're having a big fall watch sale.

Donate it and feel good on the inside.

Leatherman?

This would be a fantastic option if it wouldn't disrespect his intentions, which are to have me buy myself something for myself, because that is something I rarely do. I am on edge for a Leatherman, because I do want a new pocket knife, but I do have others.

RSS

Latest Activity

Satanist Dan replied to Pale Horse's discussion Study Shows Men With Inhuman Eating Habits Have Trouble Making More Humans in the group The Great Debate
"Smaller dicks, smaller sperm outburst. "
4 minutes ago
Satanist Dan replied to Pale Horse's discussion Study Shows Men With Inhuman Eating Habits Have Trouble Making More Humans in the group The Great Debate
"You say it as it's a bad thing."
7 minutes ago
Aus Man joined Badabing's group
Thumbnail

Wrestling Fight Club

This group is for anyone interested in the sport of wrestling, whether you wrestled in school or are just a fan and want to learn.  People say it's a dying sport but the popularity of MMA has really brought home the importance of wrestling as a skillset that every man needs, especially anyone interested in martial arts in general.  Hopefully this can facilitate discussion and people looking for training partners in their areaSee More
22 minutes ago
Aus Man joined Bruce Uall's group
Thumbnail

The Shirtless Man

Shirtlessness is the essence of manliness.
22 minutes ago
Native Son replied to jason taylor's discussion New to guns, where to buy
"Shane, I agree with you on not necroing threads.  My only thought was that someone might not have noticed that there'd been no activity on this tread for a long, long time.   Of course, now that the thread has come back to life, Hey,…"
32 minutes ago
Chris Schoonover updated their profile
1 hour ago
Jack Bauer replied to Pale Horse's discussion Study Shows Men With Inhuman Eating Habits Have Trouble Making More Humans in the group The Great Debate
"Adult humans need fat in their diet to survive.  While there are other fats that will suffice, animal fat, including milk fat, works very well. There is a phenomenon called 'rabbit starvation', wherein people have starved to death…"
1 hour ago
Native Son commented on Jamie Fellrath's group Velo Men
"Regular Joe, it appears the bicycling community in Ottawa is a bit different from the bicycling community in the San Francisco, CA area.  Down here, we have a noticeable subset of cyclists who think riding only something with a fixed, i.e., no…"
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service