Hello Everybody,

After a recent visit to my father, he decided to gift me one hundred dollars, on the stipulation that I spend it on a gift for myself. Now I am rather simplistic, so there is nothing in mind I had lined up, so I am wondering if my fellow AoM members know of anything in particular.

Important information:

1. I am 23 and have one month of college left, then I must enter the real world.

2. I have a straight razor (b/c someone will post that answer)

3. My fiancee manages a rather meticulous budgeting system which has already paid for all of the parties, plays, movies, dinners, and concerts we/I want to attend for the next 6 mos. (she is amazing, but she may be a financial robot. I have no problem with that).

4. I do not want any more books or music atm, my reading list is massive.

5. I like things to be simple and functional/useful.

6. I want it to be manly and last indefinitely. 

Views: 1741

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A knife.

+1, you can get a pretty badass knife for $100

Yeah I like that Idea. You can get a really nice Swiss Army Knife for under $50.  

an e-reader

a leather portfolio for job interviews

a big chunk off a nice pair of dress shoes.

alternately, a solid, mechanical wristwatch (seiko 5 series for example)

+1. I love my Seiko 5 (It's my first watch) even though it's automatic and not mechanical.

Automatics are usually mechanical self-winders. I make the distinction between mechanical and quartz. If it says automatic (and especially if it gives a jewel count) it's a mechanical watch. My recollection is all the Seiko 5's are mechanical. 

Ah, being new to the watch stuff, I thought mechanical solely referred to watches you wind by hand. Thanks for clearing that up.

I have some amazing dress shoes, Aristocraft Aldrich II and Lefler hand made Italians from Johnston and Murphy for formal wear and Biarritz Wing Tips from Ecco, for Casual. A watch is a fantastic idea and a lot classier than using a cell phone to check the time...

If you go with a watch, you can catch some pretty nice deals on amazon right now. They're having a big fall watch sale.

Donate it and feel good on the inside.

Leatherman?

This would be a fantastic option if it wouldn't disrespect his intentions, which are to have me buy myself something for myself, because that is something I rarely do. I am on edge for a Leatherman, because I do want a new pocket knife, but I do have others.

RSS

Latest Activity

M.Jordan updated their profile
2 hours ago
R. Max replied to floyd james's discussion What has happened to masculinity
" that seems a lot like not taking responsibility for your own words and actions.  How dare you. I know all the words, I know the best words."
6 hours ago
R. Max replied to floyd james's discussion What has happened to masculinity
"The family dog has better hair."
6 hours ago
Sir replied to floyd james's discussion What has happened to masculinity
"Topic of Trump is now moved to TGD."
7 hours ago
Wild Man commented on Ray's photo
8 hours ago
Michael J. K. commented on Nolan Poulson's group The Barbershop
"hi Reid Gobin"
8 hours ago