I wouldn't call my morning routine particularly manly. I'm one of those early to bed, early to rise types although I wouldn't claim to be wealthy or wise.
I typically wake up a few minutes before the alarm goes off then wander into the kitchen and put on a pot of coffee before taking a shower. My fresh clothes are already on the bathroom counter, so I don't need to go into the bedroom and disturb my wife who gets up much later than I do.. I put them there the night before. So I get dressed, then go pour my coffee, eat some breakfast, and take vitamins. I put together my lunch which is usually leftovers from dinner the night before, put on my boots then head to car with my lunch box and travel mug of coffee. If it's a clear sky I'll usually take a minute to check out the stars before I get into the car and drive the 30 minutes to work.
The three S's, of course!
Dunno If my routine is manly either but here it is...
-If my wife is working early in the morning (she works at a coffee shop), I will wake up and drive her to work (we have one car).
-If my wife worked early I will go back to sleep for 2-3 hours and get up around 7-8. If my wife was off or her shift started at 7, I will start getting ready instead of sleeping.
-The night before I will tell the coffee maker to start 5 mins before I get up and I will put my clothes for the next day in the bathroom so I don't have to worry about them in the morning.
-Three S and other hygiene (i.e hair, brush teeth, etc)
-I try to have enough time to cook some eggs and have my coffee. But I haven't always been successful so far.
- I walk the dog, make my lunch, and drive to work.
my routine is not very manly, I wake about about 10 min past alarm, rush into shower and other standard bathroom stuff...get dressed and run out of the door.............. that's it....
i kind of go back and forth, sometimes ill have a morning routine and i actually enjoy being up a litttle early not rushing, havng some cofee and reading the paper, riding my motorcycle to work in warmer weather and maybe taking a detour and doing some driving for pleasure before work. other times however i wake up two minutes before i need to leave throw on some dirty clothes and am out the door the latter probably isn't too manly
Same here, not really manly but it's a routine:
- My alarm goes off at 5:30am. I fumble around and get my contacts in and then get in the shower.
- Usually out of the shower and dressed by 6:00 or so. I also lay out my clothes the night before so that I don't disturb Laure by having to turn on lights.
- Walk the dogs and make sure the teenager is up by 6:15.
- Get breakfast/meds while reading the news online.
- Get coffee going for Laure and get her vitamins ready for her.
- Leave for the bus stop, four blocks away, at 7:00 and the bus usually comes by about 7:15.
- Bus drops me off at the transfer center around 7:30 and it's about six blocks to my work.
- Two or three days a week, I stop at a coffee shop a few blocks away for chai tea.
- Usually at my desk by 7:45 where I relax, go over trouble tickets and generally mentally prepare for the day.
- The work day officially starts at 8a.
I very intentionally try to make good use of my mornings.
Up at 5 grab some coffee and water and head to the man cave.
Pray for 5 to 10 minutes
weightlifting for 35 to 45 minutes
breakfast with the family
commute to work with a good audiobook, latey into Lee Child's Reacher series.
i need a manly morning routine,
at the moment its ahh sh&t im running late shower and out.
My wife actually makes fun of me for having a routine, but she seems to like to operate in a constant state of chaos, I on the other hand need order in my life.
Get a steaming mug of tea,
Check messages and email
Walk for a mile or two
Shower, maybe shave
Get something to eat (paleo)
Get to work
1) Swear at dogs who usually get restless and active precisely 10 minutes prior to the alarm going off.
2) Hit snooze once, maybe twice. Occasionally 5 times.
3) Get up, stagger downstairs, let dogs out.
4) Start Coffee.
5) Trudge upstairs to wake comatose wife.
6) Wake back up and realize we need to rush now.
7) 3 S's (occasionally minus any one of the three S's)
8) Drink Coffee.
9) Get kiddo to school
10) Go to Work.
11) Return to house to retrieve work stuff.
My dogs must have the same internal clock as yours.