For better health?

A snack?

Breakfast?

A quick Lunch or Dinner?

That's strange to others?

I've got a pretty set routine but would appreciate hearing new ideas and widening the variety and menu.

Sardines and Herring along with lots of nuts and seeds are my "strange to others".

Almond Butter and jelly is a quick meal and most days breakfast is a shake.

Whats satisfies your palette?

Views: 161

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Satisfying the palette:  dang autocorrect

I like eggs Benedict for bkfst.  Lunch, tomat sandwich on toast is a little unusual.  Some of our fav and unusual dinners are souvlaki, hammy mac and cheese, red curry, chicken satay.

Shane, what's your go-to food?

Snacks ... jerky, pecans, sliced deli meat and cheese, or those Babybell cheese wheels.

Breakfast ... hard boiled or deviled eggs. Whole milk. Maybe a virgin bacon Bloody Mary (v8 with worcestershire, balsamic vinegar, hot sauce, bacon salt, pepper, and a couple of strips of bacon).

JB
Whats satisfies your palette?
Pussy

Nothing satisfies my palette like this: https://www.webpagefx.com/web-design/color-picker/ .  It's literally got it all.

A pretty satisfied pallet there.

Nothing compares to biting into an apple for a good snack. If I want something sweeter I like banana moon pies. Biscuits and honey is another big favorite of mine.

If I want a quick breakfast, I like jam or preserves on toast. Blackberry and fig are pretty good. I recently picked up this stuff that's a mixture of fig, raspberry, orange, and a hint of ginger. It's really good, good enough I might try to make my own one of these days. If I'm not pressed for time, add to that some bacon and a scrambled egg. Have you tried apple butter?

I'm a fan of any hearty stew for dinner. Big fan of cubed steak and fried pork chops as well. Anything with plenty of protein really, just no exotic parts or seafood. I know how to make some good sausage gravy, but I don't eat it myself. Gravy isn't my thing, either. Bell pepper makes nearly anything better.

I like taking some sliced roast beef and making sliders with those King's Hawaiian rolls and provolone cheese. I just make a sandwich out of it and microwave it.

I like lemons, I guess that's a little strange. I try not to do it often because it's so hard on your teeth.

As you can see, my tastes are pretty simple.

Apple's pretty good birth control too, according to Reader's Digest.

Young married couple went to their doc and said, we want you to research the best form of birth control:  100% effective, no side effects.  Doc took up the challenge, reading everything he could, comparing statistics, evaluating claims...

Finally he met with them and gave them the answer.  "Eat an apple," he said.

"Are you serious?" they said.  "What do you mean?  Before?  After?"

He said, "Instead."

Health: Fruit -- primarily berries

Snack: Well, if we no longer talking about "better health", I have a penchant for strawberry Pop-Tarts, and the damn vending machine at work has an endless supply.

Breakfast: Pancakes

Lunch: Sushi

Dinner: Steak and potatoes.

Strange: I grew up in the Midwest.  We are pretty mainstream.

I like high calorie food

Peanut butter is my go-to snack if I'm not feeling like cooking or preparing anything, to be honest some days I've gone by with just a few spoonfuls of peanut butter and I feel pretty solid and healthy.

RSS

Latest Activity

Penelope replied to Pale Horse's discussion Proverbs 18:24 in the group Christian Men
"Gratias tibi ago"
1 hour ago
Kit the Odd replied to David R.'s discussion Transgender Persons in the Military in the group The Great Debate
"One point I've seen raised a couple of places is the need for ongoing drugs and/or hormones.  Given the austere nature of the battle field that is a concern - just as it is for other conditions that require ongoing medical attention. On…"
3 hours ago
Liam Strain replied to Sir's discussion How politics destroys it
"Planned Parenthood. "
3 hours ago
Jay D replied to Sir's discussion How politics destroys it
"What is PP?"
3 hours ago
Kit the Odd replied to Sir's discussion How politics destroys it
"I think a lot of it does come down to what people consider part of their identity.  It is one reason religion can be such a sensitive topic. When you have embraced something in such a way that anything that does not support that thing is…"
3 hours ago
Liam Strain replied to David R.'s discussion Transgender Persons in the Military in the group The Great Debate
"Just to play devil's advocate - is it possible, that pervasive social stigma's which allow for bans against them (in various capacities, including this one) to pass political muster, could be a major contributor to that suicide rate? "
3 hours ago
Pale Horse replied to Sir's discussion How politics destroys it
"Odd, I was talking about this today twice, two different venues and instances. Sorry man, it sucks. Sometimes it doesn't matter how polite you are. It's what happens when someone gets too wrapped up in identity politics, which isn't…"
4 hours ago
Sean O' replied to Vendetta's discussion Men & Exercise
"I have been doing Brian Alsruhe's linear progression program (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcr-JtlmtVc&t=836s) with a few changes to address my weaknesses and work around my disabilities. After the weights for the events are announced I…"
4 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service