What is your manly way to cheer up when you are sad?

Title says it all, i hope there is actually something :) And it doesn't have to be manly in the way that you wrestle with some bears, any ways counts. I don't even know why i put that there, just sounds better i suppose.

Tags: Cheer, up

Views: 2224

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good lord Walter. I'd you think you can be on a men's site and not deal with innuendo, you need to come back to the real world.

I'm staying in a shelter right now with a bunch of guys who on average are probably a bit "tougher" than most men here.  Banter all the time.  We also interface, hourly.

Do I want to know???

Walter,

So be it, taken as such...

Well Jack, learn something every day.   Heh.

I agree very much with this, and also about praying/giving thanks for what you do have in your life.  It's always good to simplify and to do that you have to guard what you let into your heart and mind.  Looking at too much of anything will naturally take up a lot of your mind, focus and energy.  To paraphrase scripture; "Whatever is pure and good is what you need to focus on."  Prayer, staying active and simplifying works for me.

I agree with you David.  Some times the best thing to do is get up and walk it off or work it out.  A dear friend once told me she had never been depressed. If she felt herself getting down or depressed she would get out and walk and think about why she felt that way along with reminding herlsef all of the blessings she had in her life.  Often we focus on what we don't have or what is not going right in our lives and we forget what is going right for us.  Praying is just a simple conversation between you and God. Talk to God just like you would talk to your best friend or you father.  Nothing you say will shock him or be wrong. If you are upset, angry, sad then just tell God that. Ask him to help you understand it.

I shave. Sounds crazy, but a quality shave with straight razor, brush, and a good soap is a way to reflect upon your troubles while symbolically (and literally) cleaning yourself up. When I got fired for the first time in my life (This last New Years Eve, no less. A shitty end to a shitty year), the first thing I did was go home and shave. Then carpet-bombed other employers with job applications. I got a callback and job interview the next day.

Thanks your story cheered me up. I think it is time to learn real shaving then, i allwayse use the electric one. On the other hand there is not a real beard growing yet.

Great idea. 

Not sure if manly, but I love to draw when upset. 

Really? I love drawing, i never tried it when being sad. I will try it tomorrow! Also drawing is manly imo.

RSS

Latest Activity

Danny j pasichnyk commented on Matthew Jones's group Real Shaving
"Hey Sebastien.  I use 2 products that I really like - Every Man Jack and Man's Sanctum.  Both are organic and won't irritate. "
3 minutes ago
Native Son replied to Regular Joe's discussion Question Re: Boosting / Jump Starting A Car
"LIke "the man" told me, if the battery is completely dead you gotta run the car at some decent highway speeds for some time.  Half an hour worked for me, virtually all at freeway speeds 55-70 mph.  I'll go with Jay D on…"
4 minutes ago
Profile IconDanny j pasichnyk and Sebastien Florent joined Matthew Jones's group
Thumbnail

Real Shaving

For all those who know the pleasure, ritual and value of a real shave.See More
6 minutes ago
Sebastien Florent commented on Matthew Jones's group Real Shaving
"Hi all. I'm new in this forum. I'm french, 34 years old. Today i'm looking for a way to discover real pleasure of shaving. I'd like to try some soap, safe razor and other stuff to give me this pleasure. Could you give some adive…"
8 minutes ago
Regular Joe posted a discussion

How To Spot An AoM Noob

He joins a ton of groups but posts in none. He starts an "Is __ _ manly? / Is it manly to ___ ?" discussion.He's not afraid to answer private chat messages about the colour of his socks. Anything else? See More
10 minutes ago
Danny j pasichnyk joined Ian McPhee's group
Thumbnail

The Manly Art of Baking.

A place for all the bakers out there. Come to discuss breads and the art of baking, e.g. things that have worked out or things that you just can't get to work. Open to the beginner and the artisan and everyone in between!
12 minutes ago
Danny j pasichnyk joined Bryan Heasty's group
Thumbnail

The Manly Cup of Tea

Proof that tea is for manly men! (yet we know grandma still makes the best)
12 minutes ago
Danny j pasichnyk joined Harris's group
Thumbnail

Farmers and Ranchers

For those who work in agriculture.
13 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service