What is your manly way to cheer up when you are sad?

Title says it all, i hope there is actually something :) And it doesn't have to be manly in the way that you wrestle with some bears, any ways counts. I don't even know why i put that there, just sounds better i suppose.

Tags: Cheer, up

Views: 2200

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A man in search of an opportunity to be offended often finds one.  There is no "fine line".  "Heh" is not an internet term.  Face-to-face communication is not required.  You're just oversensitive.

JB

Good lord Walter. I'd you think you can be on a men's site and not deal with innuendo, you need to come back to the real world.

I'm staying in a shelter right now with a bunch of guys who on average are probably a bit "tougher" than most men here.  Banter all the time.  We also interface, hourly.

Do I want to know???

Walter,

So be it, taken as such...

Well Jack, learn something every day.   Heh.

I agree very much with this, and also about praying/giving thanks for what you do have in your life.  It's always good to simplify and to do that you have to guard what you let into your heart and mind.  Looking at too much of anything will naturally take up a lot of your mind, focus and energy.  To paraphrase scripture; "Whatever is pure and good is what you need to focus on."  Prayer, staying active and simplifying works for me.

I agree with you David.  Some times the best thing to do is get up and walk it off or work it out.  A dear friend once told me she had never been depressed. If she felt herself getting down or depressed she would get out and walk and think about why she felt that way along with reminding herlsef all of the blessings she had in her life.  Often we focus on what we don't have or what is not going right in our lives and we forget what is going right for us.  Praying is just a simple conversation between you and God. Talk to God just like you would talk to your best friend or you father.  Nothing you say will shock him or be wrong. If you are upset, angry, sad then just tell God that. Ask him to help you understand it.

I shave. Sounds crazy, but a quality shave with straight razor, brush, and a good soap is a way to reflect upon your troubles while symbolically (and literally) cleaning yourself up. When I got fired for the first time in my life (This last New Years Eve, no less. A shitty end to a shitty year), the first thing I did was go home and shave. Then carpet-bombed other employers with job applications. I got a callback and job interview the next day.

Thanks your story cheered me up. I think it is time to learn real shaving then, i allwayse use the electric one. On the other hand there is not a real beard growing yet.

Great idea. 

Not sure if manly, but I love to draw when upset. 

RSS

Latest Activity

Leto Atreides II replied to Pale Horse's discussion Study Shows Men With Inhuman Eating Habits Have Trouble Making More Humans in the group The Great Debate
"www.gilf.com? (NSFW (obviously))."
10 minutes ago
Aus Man joined Todd Serveto's group
Thumbnail

Growing in Manliness

Men who want to grow in masculinity, develop stronger manly traits, and be more confident in manhood.
15 minutes ago
Josh Allen replied to Kneller's discussion business casual shoes for under $100?
"Make an impression no matter what the job. Wear tweed."
23 minutes ago
Rick Shelton replied to Nick's discussion Connecting with God Emotionally in the group Christian Men
"No Will, I do think we'd agree that there is an 'action' component.  But from what I understand Jack to be saying is that that is all that you need to do, is the action.  Without the emotion the action has no meaning, at…"
48 minutes ago
William Edwards joined Brett McKay's group
Thumbnail

30 Days to a Better Man 2009

The official group for the 2009 30 Days to a Better Man Project.
1 hour ago
Karl Helweg commented on Jonas Ogrefoln's group Archaic Technology
1 hour ago
Penelope replied to Kneller's discussion business casual shoes for under $100?
"I totally agree. I wonder, though, about the width.  If you're an unusual size, you usually can't get your size at the lowest price tier, and sometimes not even mid-tier.  I looked at a few oxfords on walmart's website to…"
1 hour ago
Chuck Knight replied to Kneller's discussion business casual shoes for under $100?
"I've said this before, and it's still true. You're looking for a style. What is your requirement with regards to quality? Style and taste exist independent of price. You can shop at Walmart and look like the proverbial million…"
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service