What is the most fashionable way for a guy to wear a smart phone, keys and a wallet?

I’m a middle aged guy, with a standard set of gear I wear... keys, wallet and smart phone. Left pocket contains keys (two large car FOB's and house key), right pocket wallet (NOT a George Costanza... but I have to carry a lot of plastic... long story), giant smart phone (S3) in a clip on my belt.

I don’t think the bulging pockets and, almost, fanny pack on my hip looks good. I’m in my 40s and feel like I need to improve my look.

In leisure, I typically am a jeans and t-shirt guy. At work, Dockers and a Under Armour rugby or polo (branded with company logo). I could take it up a bit at work and graduate to a button down and jacket, but that hasn't quite filtered into my brain.

Oh, one more thing... I am a weight lifter. Nothing fits me right. Big shoulders & chest, comparatively small waist, thick legs (5ft 11 in, 240 - 54 in chest, 36 in waist). The pockets seem to bulge more because my legs are a bit above average density.

Any thoughts on how I could improve things? I'm almost to the point of hiring a professional to "de-schlub" me. Maybe this is the mid-life crisis I'm supposed to have. I don't know... Maybe if I fix the bulging pockets, it will be my first steps in the right direction.

Thanks!

Views: 726

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My boss had his keys on his belt for a while. It was great since we always heared him approaching and had enough time to pretend we were working.

Pockets of your pants or pockets of your jacket. Never wear that stuff on your belt

I brushed against things a time or and knocked phone from its clip, so I no longer wear on belt. Where possible my few keys end up in desk drawer or console in the car. Chiropractors caution wallets in back pocket are a big aggravation to alignment (particularly with some guys' receipt/biz card hoarding)

First shop for your body, not the manufactures expectations.  I am not a body builder, I'm very skinny,  I get my shirts from a company that has the right fit for my body.  You may simply need to invest in tailoring for your clothing at work.

As to what you carry and how.  I think you are the normal trap of I carry everything.  Why do you need keys to two cars, especially with the fobs?  Same question with the plastic, why?  If it is for work, but them in a work satchel or brief case.

You may want two wallets, one for minimal stuff and the second for your plastic.  Leave the second in your breast coat pocket.  I have my phone in the pocket of my coat or on my desk.  For out an about if I am carrying anything more like I book or some such I'll grab a satchel and toss stuff in there.

You may just need to get a sport coat.   

RSS

Latest Activity

William H Lanteigne replied to Ben's discussion Political Compass Test in the group The Great Debate
"I did this test some time ago; my result was "ever-so-slightly-left-of-center" (mildly surprising, but I do agree this appears to be a European-biased test, where "left" doesn't automatically mean "foaming-at-the-mouth…"
6 minutes ago
Jesse Dijkstra replied to Bofur the dwarf's discussion Happy Easter!
"You too!"
9 minutes ago
Matt195 replied to Roberto's discussion He is Risen! in the group Christian Men
"He Is Risen, INDEED!  Hallelujah! "
11 minutes ago
Bofur the dwarf posted a discussion
15 minutes ago
William H Lanteigne replied to Jack Bauer's discussion Nevada Ranch War ... in the group The Great Debate
"Bundy has used Federal land for 20 years without paying grazing fees. Other ranchers have been willing to pay the fees, Bundy has not, because he refuses to acknowledge the authority or even the EXISTENCE of the Federal government (yet he claims…"
24 minutes ago
Brad Williams replied to Augustin's discussion The Mask You Live In - Don't tell boy to man up! (Says video)
"Thanks so much for saying so, and I appreciated the article you posted as well."
27 minutes ago
Brad Williams replied to Augustin's discussion The Mask You Live In - Don't tell boy to man up! (Says video)
"I guess I was thinking the source is external in that it's external to human society.  But yeah, you're right; it's bad wording on my part.  I had a vision of a glacial cirque called Huggins Hell in the Smokies in my mind,…"
29 minutes ago
John Lee Pettimore replied to Brad Williams's discussion Hunting Big Game if you Could?
"I'm not sure that Shane's summer job at a Florida petting zoo is the same sort of thing as big game hunting. I'm also not sure how much weight I would give to the lack of support here. The people I know who have actually done African…"
43 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service