Hello all,

It's been a while. The forum was getting too clogged up with politicians and dormroom Aristotle wannabes and checking in was getting pretty tiresome. Anyway, I left for a while.  I did some things, read some books, got in a little better shape...

Tonight I had a Scotch and spent a few minutes reflecting on the last year. Tuesday my daughter will turn one year old. I was feeling a bit nostalgic for you guys.

Shared an opinion and a joke and got drummed out as a troll within seconds.

I don't know if it's the opinion or the joke that rattled the chains of the "men" so severely, I just know that after all this time I don't care. I'm going to go now and won't be back. Although, I won't do like so many others and delete my account. This place used to be enlightened and fun and there is too much fun stuff under my name to do that.  Instead I'm just going to strip the profile and let you have it.

It was fun while it lasted, I guess.

-B

Views: 2899

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My favourite discussions were the ones before I began posting and would just read others. It was on the old site and it was mostly between Will and robot_fighter. They came from opposite ends of the spectrum but they were never nasty to each other.

I like cheese burgers.

really like cheese burgers.

What kind of cheese?

12 or so pages of nonsense later and I see what you mean Billy. See ya around.

RSS

Latest Activity

Tim joined Bruce Uall's group
Thumbnail

The Shirtless Man

Shirtlessness is the essence of manliness.
28 minutes ago
Larrikin Dan replied to Sir's discussion US Presidential primaries in the group The Great Debate
"The closed primary system fucks Sanders again. Only a few of the following states are closed from here on out, but damn if it wasn't a beating. However, Sanders has pulled himself up into the mid 40s and has dragged Clinton down to the high…"
2 hours ago
Nick Thomas posted a discussion

Hello from KY!

Hey, guys! I'm Nick. I've been reading AoM for a few years now, and I'm very excited to be diving into the community. I'm heading into my freshman year of college this fall, and if the good Lord is willing and the Creek don't rise, I'll be pursing a Civil Engineering degree. I hope to enjoy some great discussion with you guys and improve as a young man. See More
8 hours ago
Wynne replied to Joshua's discussion My "I'm going to lose weight" thread
"Josh I started at 265 and I am now 247 after 90 days. It isn't much but I am building. I never say good luck, but I will say don't give up!"
9 hours ago
Wynne replied to Joshua's discussion AoM Manly Skills
"I am learning and implementing Benjamin Franklin's 13 virtues."
9 hours ago
Wynne replied to SB's discussion What is success?
"Success is completing the mile with the perception that you will complete the many miles to go. Just keep setting relevant goals and involve the people closest to you. I can relate to the 70 hour weeks, it sounds like you were a champion for your…"
9 hours ago
Wynne replied to Jay D's discussion How long do i wait till i ask for (another) raise?
"If you are currently making less than the position would pay for a new hire. It is appropriate to ask for a raise within 90 days. It should not take an employer more than 90 days to determine if you deserve a wages in line with your position."
9 hours ago
Wynne replied to James Smith's discussion Greetings from Georgia
"Welcome James"
9 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service