Hello all,

It's been a while. The forum was getting too clogged up with politicians and dormroom Aristotle wannabes and checking in was getting pretty tiresome. Anyway, I left for a while.  I did some things, read some books, got in a little better shape...

Tonight I had a Scotch and spent a few minutes reflecting on the last year. Tuesday my daughter will turn one year old. I was feeling a bit nostalgic for you guys.

Shared an opinion and a joke and got drummed out as a troll within seconds.

I don't know if it's the opinion or the joke that rattled the chains of the "men" so severely, I just know that after all this time I don't care. I'm going to go now and won't be back. Although, I won't do like so many others and delete my account. This place used to be enlightened and fun and there is too much fun stuff under my name to do that.  Instead I'm just going to strip the profile and let you have it.

It was fun while it lasted, I guess.

-B

Tags: it, over

Views: 2832

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for the clarification...and the compliment!

Anytime.

its amusing to see you think you know me. Lucius, and your other accounts, you truly are a waste of my time.

I am going back to watching a movie with my g/f and then to bed.

Reply by Scott Harris 4 minutes ago
its amusing to see you think you know me. The ironic thing is I have you pegged, and this bothers you.

Damn... you're really trying for that comedy position aren't you....

Reply by Scott Harris 7 minutes ago
its amusing to see you think you know me. Lucius, and your other accounts, you truly are a waste of my time.

I am going back to watching a movie with my g/f and then to bed.

Who exactly are these other accounts?.... And that makes 4 times that you have told me I am a waste of your time.... Yet you are incapable of not responding to me....
Who knew that some dude in Texas could have so much control over you, huh?
g/f.... LMAO.... Thats rich.

Her name is Rosy Palms.

I bet he pissed off Palmela Handerson when they got together....

This thread has become a major clusterf*ck.  Billy's point is made.  Good grief.

JB

There are some great guys here, good enough reason to wade through the BS for me, as well as ignore the major BS jerkoffs.  Life is a pain in the ass enough.  Shame, liked Billy, but this thread started as a cluster and got worse

Billy.  In case you ever come back and read this, know that you will be missed.

Good bye, good sir.

Trolls, trolling trolls, trolling trolls.

Ever since early 2010, that is what this site has always been. If you want to have a real discussion, go to the groups... If you want to gossip, talk about clothes, and batter on people that make it to easy, go to the main Boards.

The days of Shawn Daws, thehuman, Herb Munson and the like are long gone.

RSS

Latest Activity

Nathanael replied to Will's discussion Moral relativism in the group The Great Debate
"I've spent some time with Heidegger, but find Gadamer superior for my purposes for several reasons. 1.  Gadamer didn't go full Nazi.  If virtue is not irrelevant to moral and philosophical inquiry, that matters. 2.  Gadamer…"
5 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Will's discussion Moral relativism in the group The Great Debate
"Dumb people aren't really the point.  Nor is "what we see as moral".  Wrong is wrong, whether we see it or not ... and whether its illegal or not.JB"
11 minutes ago
Jay D replied to Will's discussion Moral relativism in the group The Great Debate
"yes"
17 minutes ago
Will replied to Will's discussion Moral relativism in the group The Great Debate
"It's more Socratic than that -- or so I hope.  In that I am asking posters to decide what they think (with me going first, saying what I think), giving enough detail we can see if it's consistent."
20 minutes ago
Vanquish Guy joined Colton Wilson's group
Thumbnail

Boyhood Restored

I believe that boys should use their time primarily to prepare for manhood. This group is for young men, dads, and other men who have opinions they'd like to share on how boys should grow up or be raised.
23 minutes ago
Will replied to Will's discussion Moral relativism in the group The Great Debate
"Why would it be nice if things like preservation of human dignity were unique (I assume you mean uniquely honored, universally accepted) moral rights?"
23 minutes ago
Nathanael replied to Will's discussion Moral relativism in the group The Great Debate
"Oh, I agree that the Enlightenment is a large part of the problem.  In this case, it impedes the development (or reclamation) of alternatives to moral relativism.  But you know my intellectual influences, MacIntyre and Gadamer in…"
23 minutes ago
Steve Dallas commented on Herb Munson's group The Great Debate
"And if God doesn't exist?"
23 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service