What gift do I get my wife when she gives birth to our first child?

I've been told to bring my wife a gift in the hospital when she gives birth to our first child. I want to get her the right gift to thank for carrying our child. Does anyone have any input on an appropriate gift? Thanks in advance.

Views: 22406

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Most new born or child life policies are only going to be for $15 - 20k and cost less than $30/mo in most instances. So not going to cash strap you by any means, or at least I would hope not. But it wouldn't be a bad idea to get life insurance as a supplemental gift. Get her a ring or something nice and then talk about getting the insurance together.

Oh! the baby! I thought we were talking about the father.

Where are you from Thaddeus if you don't mind me asking. I had never heard of the "push present" or the new mother gift until some friends that moved from Kentucky mentioned it. Now everyone in our group is required to get a "push present" or you look like the unappreciative and uncaring male asshole of our group of friends.

If only I could go back

vaginal reconstruction surgery?

A gift everyone can enjoy.

The gift that keeps on giving

As a man of not much talent with building stuff, i found that i have a little bit of talent!

My best mate and his partner had a child and i whipped this up for them while they were in hospital and gave it to them when they arrived home! the baby came 2 weeks early! i though i had time!! still looked great!

It was a box for Isla, my friends daughter. the bottle is a good drop of vintage port to be drunk when she is old enough (we are big port drinkers) and the paper was from the day she was born. lets just say my friend almost fell of their chair when they saw it! they very much appreciated it.

Wow!
My first gift was a bottle of champagne....Honey, you can drink again!
We still have the cork.

She'll get snake eyes if she's drinking alcohol and nursing.

I do remember her enjoying the taste again, but yes, she couldn't go crazy as we discovered we had a "barracuda" baby.

RSS

Latest Activity

Dominic replied to Native Son's discussion The Current Travel Mess. in the group The Great Debate
"For Trump to have forgotten that, he must first have known that. I'm not convinced he ever did."
2 hours ago
Tim replied to Braeden's discussion Star Trek or Star Wars? in the group The Great Debate
"Nicely put. Thanks."
2 hours ago
Arjan updated their profile
3 hours ago
Lumberjoe replied to Native Son's discussion The Current Travel Mess. in the group The Great Debate
""The essential issue that was addressed was "How can we keep our country as safe as possible?" First step, limit immigration from the countries we can afford to irritate." I get what you're saying. I just see a chicken VS…"
4 hours ago
Ryan Hall joined James Machamer's group
Thumbnail

Freemasonry

A place where many good and worthy fellows can discuss all things Masonic.
5 hours ago
Liam Strain replied to Native Son's discussion The Current Travel Mess. in the group The Great Debate
"What Obama did not do, is start claiming that "the next terrorist attack that happens, you should blame the courts" and similar rhetoric. It's almost like he forgot that they comprise an official 3rd check and balance. "
5 hours ago
Liam Strain replied to Native Son's discussion The Current Travel Mess. in the group The Great Debate
"It is certainly more difficult. Which is one reason why the number from those countries is quite low, comparatively. And over 75% women and children. But that's still a far cry from the usual claim that "we don't know who they…"
5 hours ago
Forge replied to Native Son's discussion The Current Travel Mess. in the group The Great Debate
"Whoa... rational well-thought out discussions. ON THE INTERNET! I was told this is not possible. I guess the crux of what I think on the topic comes from the simple fact that when you unravel the belief systems, when you crack open the Quran and…"
6 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service