Ok i hope i'm formulating his right.

I wondered how good chatting is, like not chatting with people from the internet, but chatting with people you know in real life. Is it a manly thing to chat with girls? I have the feeling it is not. But i wonder why that is? 

Or do you see this different? I just would like to hear your opinions! 

And very important: If you have no other chance to chat with a girl, for example on a long distance relationship (which of course is an exception) how do you chat manly? Because i haven't seen this asked somewhere.

Tags: Chatting, Networks, Social

Views: 447

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah thats what i mean, but not only for talking but also getting to know a person better.

Let me get this straight:

You guys are having a conversation about whether or not it's manly to have spoken interactions with girls?

Seriously?

Seriously?

No chatting interactions with girls are not nearly the same as real life conversations. I just wondered why.

Not following you, Luca.  Are you asking about the difference between on-line chatting versus talking to someone in person?

Online chatting isn't as good as in person with anyone, girl or guy.  You don't get to hear tone of voice, facial expressions, etc.  But if you can't talk in person, talk in some other way---but talk!  This goes double for talking to girls, by the way.  Never mind whether it's manly or not. 

Yeah i don't even really know what i tried to say anymore. It just made me wondering that chatting with girls, in most cases turns out akward or slow, but talking to them in real life is totally different. So i started to dislike chatting with girls, and wondered if i just do it wrong.

How do you mean?

I'm a little lost as well.

As for chatting via web - with girls or guys - with new people, it's an easy way to communicate, but try to get to know the person face-to-face. I've met many online friends in person, the experience in most of cases was very good. I even have some good friends from distant countries whom I am anxious to meet again as soon as possible.

Chatting via web with girls that you know from school, work, church wherever, can be a little misleading. Lately, I prefer to invite the girl to meet personally, because some of them can exchange thousands of written words with you, but it doesn't mean that they really want to be close friends, girlfriends or are really good in real talk.

Yeah you are speaking out of my heart! Except with the girls chatting, i have almost never experienced a long conversation via chat in that case. I have the feeling that it got uncool to chat long, because everybody (except friends) allways seem to be busy and are only chatting with half of their attention.

Thats why i asked here, because i wondered if it is like this for everyone else. I think i said it wrong tho.

Hi,

Nowadays I don't use keep chatting for a long time at once, but you can have a long exchange of messages regularly with a certain person. My advice is to invite the person to meet and have a conversation face to face when you notice she can be a nice one.

"Is it a manly thing to chat with girls?"

I wish I was Jon right now so I can actually come up with the appropriate response. 

Care to explain?

+1

RSS

Latest Activity

Brian Splash replied to Andrew's discussion How do you take your coffee? I prefer it black with a slice of butter in it.
"I only have one a day in the morning at home , French press with one tea spoon of condensed milk ."
2 hours ago
Native Son replied to Zachary Warner's discussion Manly Hobbies
"agent provocateur..."
2 hours ago
Tim replied to Shane's discussion Secret Lives of Men in the group The Great Debate
"And the same re: "Tootsie." Dustin Hoffman going off in interview after interview about how he weeped for his inability to bear a child blah blah blah get over yourself Dusty...."
3 hours ago
Tim replied to Shane's discussion Secret Lives of Men in the group The Great Debate
"" If I was to say the reason women were so weepy is because they're lost little girls who had their masculin carved from them. If I was to proclaim men the saviors of women. I'm pretty sure I'd get kicked in the nuts for it…"
3 hours ago
Melchizedek Cox updated their profile
3 hours ago
Will replied to Shane's discussion Secret Lives of Men in the group The Great Debate
"Sure would.  But if you instead said that the only proper emotional expression was FEMALE stoicism -- that women are weepy because the patriarchy carved out their inner confidence -- and that men are to blame for it -- that is, if you were a…"
4 hours ago
Rick Shelton replied to Tom Baker's discussion Masculinities and social class
"Jay, I liken it to teaching my son to be self sufficient, sometimes I have to get on him a bit and play to his shame.  It's a well known and well used method of teaching manliness.  If you're going to be part of our community…"
4 hours ago
Steve Dallas replied to Vytautas's discussion What Do We Learn From History?
"Still no, I can't. I have to start at your argument, which again states Now, if your argument was that one will go to an expert in a field, then I have no beef as that is what is usually referred to as common sense. It is a completely…"
6 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service