Ok i hope i'm formulating his right.

I wondered how good chatting is, like not chatting with people from the internet, but chatting with people you know in real life. Is it a manly thing to chat with girls? I have the feeling it is not. But i wonder why that is? 

Or do you see this different? I just would like to hear your opinions! 

And very important: If you have no other chance to chat with a girl, for example on a long distance relationship (which of course is an exception) how do you chat manly? Because i haven't seen this asked somewhere.

Tags: Chatting, Networks, Social

Views: 431

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah thats what i mean, but not only for talking but also getting to know a person better.

Let me get this straight:

You guys are having a conversation about whether or not it's manly to have spoken interactions with girls?

Seriously?

Seriously?

No chatting interactions with girls are not nearly the same as real life conversations. I just wondered why.

Not following you, Luca.  Are you asking about the difference between on-line chatting versus talking to someone in person?

Online chatting isn't as good as in person with anyone, girl or guy.  You don't get to hear tone of voice, facial expressions, etc.  But if you can't talk in person, talk in some other way---but talk!  This goes double for talking to girls, by the way.  Never mind whether it's manly or not. 

Yeah i don't even really know what i tried to say anymore. It just made me wondering that chatting with girls, in most cases turns out akward or slow, but talking to them in real life is totally different. So i started to dislike chatting with girls, and wondered if i just do it wrong.

How do you mean?

I'm a little lost as well.

As for chatting via web - with girls or guys - with new people, it's an easy way to communicate, but try to get to know the person face-to-face. I've met many online friends in person, the experience in most of cases was very good. I even have some good friends from distant countries whom I am anxious to meet again as soon as possible.

Chatting via web with girls that you know from school, work, church wherever, can be a little misleading. Lately, I prefer to invite the girl to meet personally, because some of them can exchange thousands of written words with you, but it doesn't mean that they really want to be close friends, girlfriends or are really good in real talk.

Yeah you are speaking out of my heart! Except with the girls chatting, i have almost never experienced a long conversation via chat in that case. I have the feeling that it got uncool to chat long, because everybody (except friends) allways seem to be busy and are only chatting with half of their attention.

Thats why i asked here, because i wondered if it is like this for everyone else. I think i said it wrong tho.

Hi,

Nowadays I don't use keep chatting for a long time at once, but you can have a long exchange of messages regularly with a certain person. My advice is to invite the person to meet and have a conversation face to face when you notice she can be a nice one.

"Is it a manly thing to chat with girls?"

I wish I was Jon right now so I can actually come up with the appropriate response. 

Care to explain?

+1

RSS

Latest Activity

Kornish Ron Vath replied to David Johns's discussion Teen boys today
"We generally keep our emotions to ourselves. The reason why more men succeed, is that their means of doing so is quick and has little time to counteract the decision. As with women, it is usually poisoning compared to using firearms. Emile…"
19 minutes ago
Dal commented on Wil Harper's group Texas
"hey, guys.  i'll be in Houston for a week.  anyone want to grab beer or coffee one evening?"
23 minutes ago
Bob Brower replied to David Johns's discussion Teen boys today
""So.... In the 60s and 70s, kids in the inner cities were killing themselves at the same rate?"  I don't know , i never lived in or near a city . i never knew anyone that killed themselves . it's something i hear about on TV…"
55 minutes ago
Lucius Artorius Castus replied to David Johns's discussion Teen boys today
"So.... In the 60s and 70s, kids in the inner cities were killing themselves at the same rate? Your beleif seems to be based off of two unrelated things...."
1 hour ago
Andrew replied to Andrew's discussion Starting a Landscaping LLC
"A Briggs and Stratton Engine? I'll need to look into this particularly. PLENTY of retired folks here in the "Valley of the Sun." They really drive our economy in Phoenix, so good point. And that last paragraph I agree with you. We…"
1 hour ago
"Gotta play nice with Uncle Sam. I'll research more on your points! Do you know of any good places to find business owners? A sort of forum or association?"
1 hour ago
"An inspiring anecdote, thanks!"
1 hour ago
"Wow, this whole reply was very articulated and informative. I appreciate you taking the time to share all of this with me! That link you shared will give me plenty of points to research on. It might be best for us to slow things down and evaluate…"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service