Ok i hope i'm formulating his right.

I wondered how good chatting is, like not chatting with people from the internet, but chatting with people you know in real life. Is it a manly thing to chat with girls? I have the feeling it is not. But i wonder why that is? 

Or do you see this different? I just would like to hear your opinions! 

And very important: If you have no other chance to chat with a girl, for example on a long distance relationship (which of course is an exception) how do you chat manly? Because i haven't seen this asked somewhere.

Tags: Chatting, Networks, Social

Views: 430

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah thats what i mean, but not only for talking but also getting to know a person better.

Let me get this straight:

You guys are having a conversation about whether or not it's manly to have spoken interactions with girls?

Seriously?

Seriously?

No chatting interactions with girls are not nearly the same as real life conversations. I just wondered why.

Not following you, Luca.  Are you asking about the difference between on-line chatting versus talking to someone in person?

Online chatting isn't as good as in person with anyone, girl or guy.  You don't get to hear tone of voice, facial expressions, etc.  But if you can't talk in person, talk in some other way---but talk!  This goes double for talking to girls, by the way.  Never mind whether it's manly or not. 

Yeah i don't even really know what i tried to say anymore. It just made me wondering that chatting with girls, in most cases turns out akward or slow, but talking to them in real life is totally different. So i started to dislike chatting with girls, and wondered if i just do it wrong.

How do you mean?

I'm a little lost as well.

As for chatting via web - with girls or guys - with new people, it's an easy way to communicate, but try to get to know the person face-to-face. I've met many online friends in person, the experience in most of cases was very good. I even have some good friends from distant countries whom I am anxious to meet again as soon as possible.

Chatting via web with girls that you know from school, work, church wherever, can be a little misleading. Lately, I prefer to invite the girl to meet personally, because some of them can exchange thousands of written words with you, but it doesn't mean that they really want to be close friends, girlfriends or are really good in real talk.

Yeah you are speaking out of my heart! Except with the girls chatting, i have almost never experienced a long conversation via chat in that case. I have the feeling that it got uncool to chat long, because everybody (except friends) allways seem to be busy and are only chatting with half of their attention.

Thats why i asked here, because i wondered if it is like this for everyone else. I think i said it wrong tho.

Hi,

Nowadays I don't use keep chatting for a long time at once, but you can have a long exchange of messages regularly with a certain person. My advice is to invite the person to meet and have a conversation face to face when you notice she can be a nice one.

"Is it a manly thing to chat with girls?"

I wish I was Jon right now so I can actually come up with the appropriate response. 

Care to explain?

+1

RSS

Latest Activity

Jeff Smith replied to Lon R.'s discussion Contemporary Christian Music in the group Christian Men
"I like a variety of natural food whether it's American, Indian, etc. The same when it comes to Christian music. If I want to enter a time of quiet with the Lord, I will listen to Christian soaking music or prophetic music.     There…"
1 hour ago
Jeff Smith replied to Charles Neill's discussion Did Christ doubt The Father? in the group Christian Men
"Correct, Christ faith never was wavering. Christ is our example for today, God may not do it right now, but He is always on time. "
1 hour ago
Native Son replied to Man O Mission's discussion Have Gun Will Travel?
"Having been in several "employment pools", I can say that other than a security clearance (which is what can really drag out the process), Uncle Sugar isn't too much more complex than a lot of jobs.  I had a few, back in the dim…"
2 hours ago
Native Son replied to adamkevinlee's discussion Meet Your Perfect Partner
"Spiced SPAM?"
2 hours ago
Will replied to Larry's discussion Revelation 20:11-15 in the group Christian Men
"The word "literal" means "not figurative, not metaphorical," rather than "extremely.""
2 hours ago
adamkevinlee posted a discussion

Meet Your Perfect Partner

Online dating is important for people who prefer this technology to find their soul mate. Getting the right person will depend highly on the best way to construct your profile. Is it true or  not?See More
3 hours ago
Larry replied to Larry's discussion Revelation 20:11-15 in the group Christian Men
"Thank you, Rawb!  I'd rather no one get there to experience it, though. "
3 hours ago
Charles Neill added a discussion to the group Christian Men
Thumbnail

Did Christ doubt The Father?

This is one of the most often quoted parts of Christianity to "prove" that God doesn't care - that Christ died doubting God, saying :"My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"Think on that for a moment, then read Psalm 22.Our Lord Jesus was quoting scripture for strength while He was dying on the cross, His faith never wavering.See More
3 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service