What are some things you guys do that make you feel like a man?

Views: 3391

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I always feel like a man when I'm watching wrestling.

Chopping wood and home improvement-type construction.

The wild thing, to be sure.

women.

Shave with a straight razor while smoking.

Drink Old Rasputin and Wild Turkey, straight up.

Every time Melanie and I have sex, furniture gets broken. I gave up on bed frames after the third one.

Laugh about truly sick shit (A real call: Kid got pulled head-first into a grain auger. Deputy on scene asks me "Do you think he'll make it?", just to see me squirm. My response: "Nope, he's screwed." Follow it with truly deranged laughter.)

Cook bacon butt-naked.

Quote Dante in Italian while working at a hardware store. Great way to welcome new employees. All that "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" stuff, you know?

You're answers are awesome. Especially number one.

that reply is golden.. well done man. well done. 

1.  Surfing

2.  Climbing mountains

3.  Making a campfire

4.  Sex

5.  Working with my hands in any way

Fixing something.

Making something.

Solving something.

Lifting something.

Conquering something (usually fear of some kind)

Helping someone.

Pleasuring someone.

+1

Definitely +1

Exactly!!

RSS

Latest Activity

Pale Horse replied to Pope Paul's discussion 10 Rules to Being a Gentleman in 2015
"Rule 30."
6 minutes ago
Jason Boaldin replied to Douglas Jones's discussion Wanting to change careers and be a barbershop owner/barber. in the group The Barbershop
"I am in a similar spot.  Although, not really.  My wife took a better job, so we moved from Texas to Chicago.  Found AoM, read the article on vocation vs. career.  Now I hope to follow in my old mans foot steps and start Barber…"
6 minutes ago
Jason Boaldin joined Nolan Poulson's group
Thumbnail

The Barbershop

It's just seems natural that Art of Manliness should have a barbershop group.  My intent of this group is to gather and share general thoughts and experiences concerning barbershops. Anything from a good barbershop that you have found  to pictures and stories of shops you have visited to discussing anything barbershop.  See More
6 minutes ago
Pale Horse replied to Matthew Martino's discussion (Kind of) New to AOM
""If" never tickled my fancy either. The gist of the poem is nice, but I just never cared for it. It would be better to commit to memory something that speaks to you."
10 minutes ago
Shane replied to Jim's discussion Hey Y'all Marine here! in the group The Armed Forces
"Happened to my buddy. Got back from our tour in AFG where he was attached to an ODA. Goofy fucker decided to commission in the NG. Was texting me all night about the shit those wannabes were doing."
30 minutes ago
Profile IconJimmy Stewart, Tyler Robert Gerrior, Smith Amelia and 86 more joined Art of Manliness
36 minutes ago
Jim replied to Jim's discussion Hey Y'all Marine here! in the group The Armed Forces
"Hahahaha god I didn't even think of that!!! "I know my contract says Coast Guard Supply but I'll be a SEAL as soon as I finish Basic. My recruiter hooked me up!" Lol"
47 minutes ago
Will replied to Dann Anthony's discussion Heavy diagnosis - looking for manly advice.
"I'd say forgive S-in-law; she seems like she's no longer trying to be a problem. Are you ready for the great beyond?  You'll get there eventually... this just makes it more real. Recently a friend of mine diagnosed with lung…"
49 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service