I'm going hunting this Fall, and I know that this is a very superficial question, but I don't want to look like the Camo Clad Rednecks you see now.

Views: 1682

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just took my son hunting for the first time a couple weeks ago. I am not a big fan of camo so I wanted something else. I bought a couple pairs of Carhart work pants one in an olive and another in a brown color. I wore dark solid color tshirts and I had a plaid button up shirt for colder early morning hunts. The Carhart pants are something I can wear to work around the house and not simply take up space in the closet until I go hunting again and that is why I bought them. The blood from cleaning the deer washed right out of the pants and they are tough and built to last. I might buy a couple of the digital camo shirts next time I am at Col Bubbie's with my sons. I don't like the look of camo but the digital camo does look a bit better.

My son opted for dark blue jeans and a camo t-shirt. He was picky about the camo because he thought most of them looked ridiculous.

Filson makes some amazing quality stuff.

It's not about what you're wearing, its why you're wearing it. Camo breaks up a pattern. Plain and simple. Sure to some (me) its a fashion statement, a way to be proud of our outdoor obsession, but its also a utility tool. Mossy, realtree, digital...doesn't matter. Its about the break up. The different camos are pretty much just for matching the color of your surrounding. I change it up based on time of year, location etc. Heck, some of the best hunting pattern out there is ASAT. You look like a clown, right up until you disappear into the woods. My granddad hunting in jeans and work coat, played the wind and found concealment. You learn to do what you must. 

And for god's sake, please dont wear tweed. The last thing we need is some fashionista hipster walking around in the deer woods.

Depends on the hunting, if you're hunting deer I would totally wear a camo pattern that fits your terrain. Or if you are in a ground blind you can wear all black. If its bird hunting, like dove/quail, I would wear a camo shirt and a tough pair of khakis. If its turkey I would dress in all camo to the extreme. That's the only hunting I've done, so that is my advice to you. 

A loincloth and a club.

Um: Obvious.

Orange for safety and where required. Tweed otherwise. 

RSS

Latest Activity

Daniel Rodriguez replied to Native Son's discussion Ukraine. in the group The Great Debate
"I challenge your opinion that war with Russia is inevitable. Russia is simply expanding itself, and before the Russian Revolution it was an Ally of the United States. We brought Alaska from them, we sided with them politically in the Crimean war,…"
21 minutes ago
serge updated their profile
48 minutes ago
John Lee Pettimore replied to Native Son's discussion Ukraine. in the group The Great Debate
""Mercy, for we are orphans!" cried the Mendendez brothers."
1 hour ago
Jay D replied to Native Son's discussion Ukraine. in the group The Great Debate
"Answer my question, why do you want to go to war with russia? What did Putin do that is so evil? He did a anect a small ukrainian part which was russias a few decades back and supoorts rebells with weapons. Western countrys give weapons to rebells…"
3 hours ago
Aman Sareen posted a status
"www.ieugc.com great blog"
3 hours ago
"Hurt national bride had a lot to do with both wars and Hitler wouldnt have been able to do it without having millions behind his back supporting it. You want to start a war for the reason that? Explain it? That Putin is a barking dog? You are still…"
3 hours ago
Dom replied to Matthew Perry's discussion Where to start a collection? in the group Fountain Pens
"Another German brand: Mont Blanc. For many a Mont Blanc 'Meisterstueck' is the pen to have. To me, apart from being expensive, a Meisterstueck is a bit too big."
4 hours ago
"We had two world wars on our soil, that were so bloody and cruel that even the third generation after the war is sick of it. Just the suggestion that we should go to war to "grow a backbone" is outrageous. You have the same foolish…"
4 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service