I'm going hunting this Fall, and I know that this is a very superficial question, but I don't want to look like the Camo Clad Rednecks you see now.

Views: 1690

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just took my son hunting for the first time a couple weeks ago. I am not a big fan of camo so I wanted something else. I bought a couple pairs of Carhart work pants one in an olive and another in a brown color. I wore dark solid color tshirts and I had a plaid button up shirt for colder early morning hunts. The Carhart pants are something I can wear to work around the house and not simply take up space in the closet until I go hunting again and that is why I bought them. The blood from cleaning the deer washed right out of the pants and they are tough and built to last. I might buy a couple of the digital camo shirts next time I am at Col Bubbie's with my sons. I don't like the look of camo but the digital camo does look a bit better.

My son opted for dark blue jeans and a camo t-shirt. He was picky about the camo because he thought most of them looked ridiculous.

Filson makes some amazing quality stuff.

It's not about what you're wearing, its why you're wearing it. Camo breaks up a pattern. Plain and simple. Sure to some (me) its a fashion statement, a way to be proud of our outdoor obsession, but its also a utility tool. Mossy, realtree, digital...doesn't matter. Its about the break up. The different camos are pretty much just for matching the color of your surrounding. I change it up based on time of year, location etc. Heck, some of the best hunting pattern out there is ASAT. You look like a clown, right up until you disappear into the woods. My granddad hunting in jeans and work coat, played the wind and found concealment. You learn to do what you must. 

And for god's sake, please dont wear tweed. The last thing we need is some fashionista hipster walking around in the deer woods.

Depends on the hunting, if you're hunting deer I would totally wear a camo pattern that fits your terrain. Or if you are in a ground blind you can wear all black. If its bird hunting, like dove/quail, I would wear a camo shirt and a tough pair of khakis. If its turkey I would dress in all camo to the extreme. That's the only hunting I've done, so that is my advice to you. 

A loincloth and a club.

Um: Obvious.

Orange for safety and where required. Tweed otherwise. 

RSS

Latest Activity

Chuck Drennen posted a discussion

Calling All Sculptures and Artists

Okay I would like to sculpt a model of this sculpture because I cant find one online within my price range. I consider myself to have bit of artistic ability and have always admired the Aztec/ Mesoamerican culture. And suggestions on how to go about sculpting this or even what kind of clay to purchase would be greatly appreciated. Here is a link with some photos of the statue …See More
14 minutes ago
Brett McKay left a comment for Nikita Borisov
"That would be fine Nikita."
17 minutes ago
Profile IconAndrew Bibbins, James Marshall Possin and Chuck Drennen joined Art of Manliness
28 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Josh Williams's discussion I touched her butt.
"Sleep with one eye open. JB"
41 minutes ago
Daniel Rodriguez joined Mark's group
Thumbnail

Spaceflight Fanatics

Calling all space cadets, rocket men, and pioneers on the final frontier! Discuss NASA, ESA, JAXA, Military spaceflight, commercial spaceflight, and private spaceflight. Any and all spaceflight discussion here, past, current, and future!
1 hour ago
Daniel Rodriguez replied to Josh Williams's discussion I touched her butt.
"Unless he is into guys, then all 7 billion of this species can be his...or...you know."
1 hour ago
Regular Joe replied to Tom Ellis's discussion Girlfriends lies and temper
"Ask yourself if you can live with the lies and tantrums for the rest of your life. Ask yourself if you want her passing on those behaviours to your kids. Ask yourself if you can live in a house where you wife and all your kids are constantly lying…"
1 hour ago
Bobby G Mullen replied to Bobby G Mullen's discussion Stoicism in the group Philosophers
"Check. Is there any way you can give me a passage or quote that backs up your claims, as I have done above? I see Epictetus talking about God all over the place but I am not reading what you are reading, obviously."
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service