Explanation: My name is Joshua Martinez-Onstott and I am a simple college student whom delights in The Art Of Manliness. Thus when an opportunity so arose to do a research paper on any community of my choosing, ToA was clearly the most ideal choice. For my final paper, I need to acquire several interviews from members of the community and I would be much obliged if some of you would lend me your time and give a review of your time amongst the ranks of ToA. Please, I have been cripplingly ill and bedridden for the past week and half but the draft is due tomorrow. So if you were to respond with the utmost haste, I would be immeasurably grateful.
1. Approx. how long have you been a member of ToA?
2. What is the general nature of your membership in the ToA?
(i.e. frequent user/poster, nonchalant browser, or dignified and cultivated gentleman [gentlewoman] studiously reading and responding to the most recent post/articles, while at your favorite local coffee shop, etc.)
2. How would you describe your experience?
3. Has ToA succeeded to meet your expectations, inquiries, requests, interests?
4. Has would you describe your interaction with the members of ToA and/or ToA's staff?
5. Do you have any farther comment or complaint about the ToA?
Thank you for your support
If you compose your paper with the same skill as the opening paragraph of this request, I recommend you initiate a ruse that you are still cripplingly ill.
Not giving yourself very much time to begin the primary research for your paper... much less being writing. Sorry you have been ill. Are you able to wrangle an extension? or had you already procrastinated too far before falling ill for that to be of much use?
AoM (is the usual designation, not ToA). Welcome to the community. You've only been a member for about a week or two, neh? What have you learned?
I used to be a writing tutor. Please do not use this sort of purple prose in your paper. Your professor will laugh as he/she pulls out the red pen. Get an extension and then do some research - and in the future plan your papers out better ;)
I'm saying this as I'm gearing up for my multiple final papers that are due three weeks from now - I'm already outlining.
You've piqued my curiosity. What is your focus for this paper? Your questions seem very superficial. What are you hoping to research?
0) Over a year
1) Frequent poster, both offering and receiving guidance
2) Generally positive
3) Yes, yes, yes, yes
4) Members: Always polite, often spirited, occasionally confrontational, always respectful. Administration: Brett is friendly, but I've spoken to him only once, so...nearly non-existent.
5) Not particularly. But, since I do not know your focus, I am not certain what information you seek.
Revision: I checked my dates, and I just passed the 2 year mark.
To answer your questions:
1. I've been a member for about 3 years.
2. I am a frequent poster. I manage a few of the sub/discussion groups, and am active in political, philosophical and other discussions.
2. Overall my experience here has been a positive one. I have made friends (some of whom I have subsequently met in real life), I have learned much, I have entertained myself, and I hope I have educated others. It is a good community. I think I'll keep it.
4. Overall positive. As with any community there are outliers and occasional problems, but in the long run, these are pretty trivial.
5. Without more specifics about what you are writing on, it is difficult to answer this in a useful way.
1) Since before it went to Ning, several years at least
2) Community God
4) That of a kind, giving God
1. I have been reading articles for a month or so, but just joined the community as of yesterday.
2a. Nonchalant browser, occasional poster
2b. Art of Manliness has greatly improved me in terms of courage, strength (physical and mental), and has taught me some really cool skills that I believe every man should acquire.
3. Art of Manliness is the perfect tool for not only males, but every human being looking to better themselves.
4. A tight bond among men.
5. I believe there should be a chronological list of the AoM articles.