Hi all,

Just wondered if any of you or anyone you know is an urban explorer? I've always been interested in this, and at the weekend I had my first taste..

I was walking home from town after a few too many with 3 friends, and on the route is an old abandoned nursing/rehabilitation home. It was due to be bulldozed and rebuilt into some modern something or other. Anyway I gained access through the (strangely unlocked) fence and had a peek inside. My friends wouldnt come beyond this point but I wanted some photos of it inside. It was just as you'd imagine really - decrepit, stale, and slightly creepy with some beds and wheelchairs in a corridor.

I loved it! I've really caught the bug for this and dying to do more. There are plenty of old abandoned victorian manor houses and castles around that are boarded up and closed off to public. I'm sure it's for a very good reason , but that's part of the fascination and thrill of it.

Another reason is i'm breaking into photography and think this would enable me to get great shots! I'll try upload some when I get more..

So anyone else tried this?

Views: 355

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I didn't realise how remote this place was, it was a good hour trek up this mountain

Cheers Paul! shame it was a dreary day

Excellent!

Fascinating and thrilling, yes.  Trespassing, also yes.  By entering boarded up buildings you're not only opening yourself up to the possibility of injury, but you're also setting yourself up for either criminal charges or civil damages.

Great photo ops, but there can be ungly consequences.

All true, but I know I'll only have myself to blame.

I don't know what John Lee Pettimore considers an adult, but im 22 and still spend as much time as possible exploring. Me and my brother got into an abandoned insane asylum a couple of months ago and it was pretty amazing.

And as far as trespassing, to urban explore you're gonna end up trespassing at some point, it just happens, but as one member already stated don't ever ever use a crowbar, lockpick etc. half the fun of urban exploring is being creative in your entrances.

Point Taken. haha

Looks eerie! The nwxt place im visiting is near where I live, an old prison of war camp from WW2 where Germans were held and a few escaped through tunnels... ill post pics of that at some point

RSS

Latest Activity

ZP Stanley updated their profile
15 minutes ago
Pale Horse left a comment for Kenneth Cole
"Thanks for the tip. Sounds intriguing."
1 hour ago
Kenneth Cole replied to Chu Kim's discussion How to Become Godlike
"Hey not just Jim Jones and Jim Bakkar and a multitude of other religious fanatics. Ken"
1 hour ago
Kenneth Cole replied to Chu Kim's discussion How to Become Godlike
"Hey, Voltaire said: God  created man in his image and likeness and man reciprocated. Ken:)"
1 hour ago
Salt Dragon replied to James Alger's discussion Greetings
"Welcome James, it sounds like you are making good preparations to move to Maine, a fascinating place.  Good luck!"
1 hour ago
Salt Dragon replied to Mike Verbickas's discussion Gentleman Seeks Mentorship
"Mike, Welcome and thanks for the intro!  You are in good company.  How to make difficult decisions?  Consider where the challenges are and cover your bases from people who know more than you.  Write down pluses and minuses and…"
1 hour ago
Salt Dragon replied to Dave H's discussion Hello. How to be a man in your 20s
"Im afraid any specific advice I could offer is out-of-date since Im twice your age.  General things:  work with colors and cuts that accentuate your positive features, stick with solid colors with good quality that can be used to dress up…"
1 hour ago
Salt Dragon replied to Mike Flynn's discussion Looking for a place to hang my online hat.
"You are in good company here, Mike.  Better to focus on your integrity and authenticity than selling yourself.  Actions over words.  Welcome!"
2 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service