Hi all,

Just wondered if any of you or anyone you know is an urban explorer? I've always been interested in this, and at the weekend I had my first taste..

I was walking home from town after a few too many with 3 friends, and on the route is an old abandoned nursing/rehabilitation home. It was due to be bulldozed and rebuilt into some modern something or other. Anyway I gained access through the (strangely unlocked) fence and had a peek inside. My friends wouldnt come beyond this point but I wanted some photos of it inside. It was just as you'd imagine really - decrepit, stale, and slightly creepy with some beds and wheelchairs in a corridor.

I loved it! I've really caught the bug for this and dying to do more. There are plenty of old abandoned victorian manor houses and castles around that are boarded up and closed off to public. I'm sure it's for a very good reason , but that's part of the fascination and thrill of it.

Another reason is i'm breaking into photography and think this would enable me to get great shots! I'll try upload some when I get more..

So anyone else tried this?

Views: 328

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I didn't want to go too far in, i'm still trying to conquer my claustrophobia! lol

I didn't realise how remote this place was, it was a good hour trek up this mountain

Cheers Paul! shame it was a dreary day

Excellent!

Fascinating and thrilling, yes.  Trespassing, also yes.  By entering boarded up buildings you're not only opening yourself up to the possibility of injury, but you're also setting yourself up for either criminal charges or civil damages.

Great photo ops, but there can be ungly consequences.

All true, but I know I'll only have myself to blame.

I don't know what John Lee Pettimore considers an adult, but im 22 and still spend as much time as possible exploring. Me and my brother got into an abandoned insane asylum a couple of months ago and it was pretty amazing.

And as far as trespassing, to urban explore you're gonna end up trespassing at some point, it just happens, but as one member already stated don't ever ever use a crowbar, lockpick etc. half the fun of urban exploring is being creative in your entrances.

Point Taken. haha

Looks eerie! The nwxt place im visiting is near where I live, an old prison of war camp from WW2 where Germans were held and a few escaped through tunnels... ill post pics of that at some point

RSS

Latest Activity

Michael J. K. commented on Steven C.'s group Exercise
"I AM going to get on the bike Friday and ride 20 or more miles"
1 hour ago
Michael J. K. left a comment for adrian
"thanks for asking how I was doing   have a great night Adrian"
1 hour ago
Michael J. K. commented on Badabing's photo
Thumbnail

10007425_10100811152620686_166125078_n

"relax and read and rest then if someone wants to mess with you I want to watch  "
2 hours ago
Michael J. K. commented on Badabing's group Wrestling Fight Club
"great George"
2 hours ago
Michael J. K. commented on Badabing's group Wrestling Fight Club
"Peter I am coming down to Austrailia to wrestle you   just so u know get ready upside down bloke"
2 hours ago
Michael J. K. joined Badabing's group
Thumbnail

Wrestling Fight Club

This group is for anyone interested in the sport of wrestling, whether you wrestled in school or are just a fan and want to learn.  People say it's a dying sport but the popularity of MMA has really brought home the importance of wrestling as a skillset that every man needs, especially anyone interested in martial arts in general.  Hopefully this can facilitate discussion and people looking for training partners in their areaSee More
2 hours ago
Michael J. K. left a comment for Logan Hickerson
"AWESOME PICS"
2 hours ago
Michael J. K. left a comment for Benjamin K
"Wow fargo ND  welcome Benjamin"
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service