Hi all,

Just wondered if any of you or anyone you know is an urban explorer? I've always been interested in this, and at the weekend I had my first taste..

I was walking home from town after a few too many with 3 friends, and on the route is an old abandoned nursing/rehabilitation home. It was due to be bulldozed and rebuilt into some modern something or other. Anyway I gained access through the (strangely unlocked) fence and had a peek inside. My friends wouldnt come beyond this point but I wanted some photos of it inside. It was just as you'd imagine really - decrepit, stale, and slightly creepy with some beds and wheelchairs in a corridor.

I loved it! I've really caught the bug for this and dying to do more. There are plenty of old abandoned victorian manor houses and castles around that are boarded up and closed off to public. I'm sure it's for a very good reason , but that's part of the fascination and thrill of it.

Another reason is i'm breaking into photography and think this would enable me to get great shots! I'll try upload some when I get more..

So anyone else tried this?

Views: 306

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I didn't want to go too far in, i'm still trying to conquer my claustrophobia! lol

I didn't realise how remote this place was, it was a good hour trek up this mountain

Cheers Paul! shame it was a dreary day

Excellent!

Fascinating and thrilling, yes.  Trespassing, also yes.  By entering boarded up buildings you're not only opening yourself up to the possibility of injury, but you're also setting yourself up for either criminal charges or civil damages.

Great photo ops, but there can be ungly consequences.

All true, but I know I'll only have myself to blame.

I don't know what John Lee Pettimore considers an adult, but im 22 and still spend as much time as possible exploring. Me and my brother got into an abandoned insane asylum a couple of months ago and it was pretty amazing.

And as far as trespassing, to urban explore you're gonna end up trespassing at some point, it just happens, but as one member already stated don't ever ever use a crowbar, lockpick etc. half the fun of urban exploring is being creative in your entrances.

Point Taken. haha

Looks eerie! The nwxt place im visiting is near where I live, an old prison of war camp from WW2 where Germans were held and a few escaped through tunnels... ill post pics of that at some point

RSS

Latest Activity

Robert M Giannamore joined Matt Cole's group
Thumbnail

Runners

For all men who enjoy the manly exercise of running.
26 minutes ago
Robert M Giannamore replied to Jonathan Bjerre Guld Jørgensen's discussion A scent that smells like Leather, tobacco, wood and welding flame?
"I favor Irish Spring bar soap, Taylor of Bond Street shaving soap and occasionally Old Spice for cologne and other times Aqua Velva for aftershave.  I am a bald guy and I have a lot of shaved surface for the Aqua.  In the winter, I use a…"
29 minutes ago
Tim replied to Stein's discussion Essential shirtless experiences growing up. in the group The Shirtless Man
"Yup..I enjoy running shirtless on warm days as well. Apart from staying comfortable, running shirtless reduces the laundry load and eliminates nipple chafing problems, which I sometimes get on longer runs when wearing a shirt. I get very sweaty…"
32 minutes ago
Sean O' replied to Jack Bauer's discussion "Don't follow your passion" -- Mike Rowe
"Just about every off-ramp on I-5 has someone holding a sign asking for money.Plus the ones in the city. Several I talked to were "breaking into music" or moved there because the welfare benefits were better than where they were originally…"
39 minutes ago
Robert M Giannamore posted a discussion

Beards

So I grew a pretty nice beard last winter, did not shave the face (did shave the neck) from September to March. It was fairly gnarly by March.  Looking for some good direction on opinions.  Style a beard yourself or pay the $5.00 and have a barber do it?  If you style it yourself, where did you learn and what do you use.  I am a bald guy, short, athletic build.  Just want to look nice with a bald head and beard, I know it can be done.  Look forward to your thoughts.  I have attached a picture…See More
42 minutes ago
George Henry Robbins III commented on Bruce Uall's group The Shirtless Man
"Always shirtless at home and stretch and flex frequently when moving around."
1 hour ago
Joshua Cawthorn replied to Joshua Cawthorn's discussion Chess Openings in the group Chess
"I use the Ruy Lopez probably more often than not because almost everyone responds with 2. e5. Then I usually bring my knight to f3 and it just sort of goes from there!"
1 hour ago
Lucius Artorius Castus replied to Jack Bauer's discussion "Don't follow your passion" -- Mike Rowe
"I think that's the biggest reason people stick with it even though they hate it. I only took issue when the idea that any functional human can do the job". I have no issue with calling it an unskilled job, just with the idea that anyone…"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service