When you are listening to the radio, what songs make you sigh or grunt with frustration when they are played?

Views: 343

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nirvana - Seriously, just about any 90's grunge band was better and most were around before them

Red Hot Chili Peppers - They were slightly cool with Mother's Milk, and the summer Blood Sugar whatever was released everyone listened to them on repeat. Since then, it has been the same shit song over and over

Cracked.com has an article about that very topic, too. RHCP are very good at what they do; but they've been doing that exact same thing for like 30 years.

I don't listen to much radio in the car, but when I do, I listen to NPR and the local PBS station(s).  Stay informed, my friends.  Virtually everything else on the air is controlled by a very few broadcasting conglomerates, so coast-to-coast, it's going to be the same play list.

Although something showed up on my daughter's favorite radio station that I found quite fun.  It was a rap number...but the artist uses the melody of "Turkey in the Straw."  Not the lyrics, but it's a nice little  chuckler to hear "while driving along in my auto-mobeel."

I can listen to NPR for about ten minutes before I want to go slit my wrists.
Not all radio is corporoconglomerate; go to either end of the FM dial and it may surprise you. We are lucky to have quite a few local college/community supported stations in our area and that is where they are.

Pretty much everything on the radio.

My wife loves 1980s-90s elevator music and 'power ballads'.  Journey.  Chicago.  The Eagles.  It's mostly pretty awful -- with a few exceptions.  Generally, synthesizers and an overwrought vocalist whining about something or other.

Luckily, I like her a lot ... because her music is pretty lousy.

JB

You don't like the Eagles??

How can you dislike this?

https://youtu.be/zeDUBxEVDXM

Any vocal that is auto tuned; why anyone thinks that is desirable is beyond me.

Top secret: Almost every vocal is auto-tuned.

Some are just flagrantly auto-tuned on purpose.

Oh I know, part of the studio perfection of the sound. Why so many artists sound flat live. But in and of itself I find it electronic and pretty awful.

RSS

Latest Activity

Darren Holte replied to Portnoy's discussion Integrity
"Just a few thoughts. Why lie at all ? Your deadlines are not your suppliers concern. Every good plan has cushion and contingency.  I.e. your project deadline is july 31st. You need ten thousand widgets in your warehouse by july 15th in order…"
1 hour ago
Native Son replied to Portnoy's discussion Latest in Health Care in the group The Great Debate
"One thing I noticed about the entire debacle. In March, 2016, then Mr. Trump released a seven point healthcare plan outline that he wanted Congress to adopt. As far as I can tell, the only parts of his proposals that showed up in either the House or…"
3 hours ago
Native Son replied to Specs's discussion I need some work advice.
"Cool your jets.  This hill ain't worth dying on.  Let it slide, but make damn sure your emails actually get sent.  (I had a similar 'went to draft' email situation when I went to Windows 10.  A number, but not all,…"
4 hours ago
Native Son replied to Danny's discussion Militaria
"Just don't let the hobby take over and run your life to the exclusion of all else.  You do want to have provenance on stuff.  There's lots of reproduction stuff around, especially since "military recreating" became a…"
4 hours ago
Jay D replied to Portnoy's discussion Integrity
"Were i want to get at is less the lying part and more the part were we put other people under pressure. From the business perspective it makes perfect sense to put people under pressure so they make deadlines so your projects or your company…"
12 hours ago
Profile IconCaberry, Eder Prado, Moses Vandenberg and 9 more joined Art of Manliness
12 hours ago
Pale Horse replied to Native Son's discussion Political and Personal Advice from Rome. in the group The Great Debate
"?"
13 hours ago
Michael Hoogkamer updated their profile
13 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service