. . . that is the question! 

Other than for religious reasons, what are you arguments for or against circumcising baby boys? 

Views: 7839

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just think that it is funny that you are so willing to call people names. 

I think this thread changed my mind

Really?  What changed?

JB

Nothing, I just wanted to fit in by posting something in this thread

I figured my sarcasm-detector might've gone haywire.

JB

There's a lot of arguments both sides no doubt....but for me? I was born with my foreskin, it has caused me zero medical issues in my life, I see no other valid reason for me to remove it.

If there was a medical reason, one causing me grief, I'd have it seen too in much the same way I'd see a dentist about a tooth.

If and when I have children my son will not be circumcised. If he later decides he wants no hood, that's his choice.

great pic too regular joe

>> Mike, thank you thank you thank you for finally getting us back on track for the initial discussion of infant circumcision.  I thought maybe the original question had been lost in the shuffle and would never be found again.  I repeat:  Thank you!

David

@Lucius-

Ha, funny you would take umbrage at the idea of some people being above the rules, since were I to enforce them strictly, you would have been gone quite a long time ago.

The idea of some people being "above the rules" is not accurate though. What I'm saying is that the rules are community enforced. That is, it's up to the community to determine if someone has blatantly broken them or not. If members feel someone has, then they will be warned and then removed. No one is immune from this -- what I said was that there are some people who so many members respect, that when they break the rules, they don't mind, and they don't complain to me. But even these beloved members could be removed if enough community members felt they had crossed a line and I agreed.

Heh.  Burn.

I'm not sure many of us longtimers would've survived strict enforcement.

JB

Or any of the newcomers as well....

Oh I know I would have. Thats why I never complain when others break the rules. Thats also why I never comment when you say that rule enforcement isnt strict.... You are a self admitted "benevolent tyrant".... I just never understand when people like Larry say thank you for you basically repeating what you have said about 100 times in this forums.

RSS

Latest Activity

TKDlion commented on TKDlion's photo
Thumbnail

2015-01-24 11.59.22

"Thank you, it is very rewarding. My main role is being a leader in the youth section and that is incredibly fun!"
3 minutes ago
Pale Horse commented on TKDlion's photo
Thumbnail

2015-01-24 11.59.22

"Sounds like a great thing to be a part of. Congrats."
6 minutes ago
Pale Horse replied to Paul_of_TX's discussion More Cake News About Gays in the group The Great Debate
"I'm not warping or sugar coating anything. I'm not telling you to take hate. I'm telling you not to cry for Big Brother when someone's being a meany, and that it is incredibly petty to take such action because they denied a…"
10 minutes ago
Thumbnail

2015-01-24 11.59.22

"In Ireland (it varies in different countries) we are a voluntary ambulance and first aid organisation that provides first aid cover at events, first aid training, community care and nursing services to who ever needs them! We have a religious…"
13 minutes ago
Pale Horse commented on TKDlion's photo
Thumbnail

2015-01-24 11.59.22

"Nice. Now, here's an incredibly ignorant question: is this a religious or secular order?"
19 minutes ago
Daniel Rodriguez replied to Paul_of_TX's discussion More Cake News About Gays in the group The Great Debate
"Oh now you're warping to the Christian bigot and the antigay message. Please. If it is, you have worded it very, very, very shittily. May I quote  "Ruining a man's business because he wouldn't make my wedding cake seems…"
22 minutes ago
Thumbnail

2015-01-24 11.59.22

"For anyone interested: The first medal on the left was for ten years service. Every ten years you get a new medal with an added green stripe. Last year was the first time someone in the Irish Order of Malta received a medal for 60 years service. He…"
29 minutes ago
Pale Horse replied to Paul_of_TX's discussion More Cake News About Gays in the group The Great Debate
"You missed the point. They didn't have to press charges. Why would you want to ruin someone's business, just because you can? She wasn't saying to be ashamed and shuffle to the side. Just not to ask her for a cake."
36 minutes ago

© 2015   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service