. . . that is the question! 

Other than for religious reasons, what are you arguments for or against circumcising baby boys? 

Views: 7545

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, you have the Chief Troll himself telling you to "Go away", so you must be doing something right.

I just think that it is funny that you are so willing to call people names. 

I think this thread changed my mind

Really?  What changed?

JB

Nothing, I just wanted to fit in by posting something in this thread

I figured my sarcasm-detector might've gone haywire.

JB

There's a lot of arguments both sides no doubt....but for me? I was born with my foreskin, it has caused me zero medical issues in my life, I see no other valid reason for me to remove it.

If there was a medical reason, one causing me grief, I'd have it seen too in much the same way I'd see a dentist about a tooth.

If and when I have children my son will not be circumcised. If he later decides he wants no hood, that's his choice.

great pic too regular joe

>> Mike, thank you thank you thank you for finally getting us back on track for the initial discussion of infant circumcision.  I thought maybe the original question had been lost in the shuffle and would never be found again.  I repeat:  Thank you!

David

@Lucius-

Ha, funny you would take umbrage at the idea of some people being above the rules, since were I to enforce them strictly, you would have been gone quite a long time ago.

The idea of some people being "above the rules" is not accurate though. What I'm saying is that the rules are community enforced. That is, it's up to the community to determine if someone has blatantly broken them or not. If members feel someone has, then they will be warned and then removed. No one is immune from this -- what I said was that there are some people who so many members respect, that when they break the rules, they don't mind, and they don't complain to me. But even these beloved members could be removed if enough community members felt they had crossed a line and I agreed.

Heh.  Burn.

I'm not sure many of us longtimers would've survived strict enforcement.

JB

Or any of the newcomers as well....

Oh I know I would have. Thats why I never complain when others break the rules. Thats also why I never comment when you say that rule enforcement isnt strict.... You are a self admitted "benevolent tyrant".... I just never understand when people like Larry say thank you for you basically repeating what you have said about 100 times in this forums.

RSS

Latest Activity

Shane replied to Vytautas's discussion What Do We Learn From History?
"So you're not coming to dinner?"
47 minutes ago
Vytautas replied to Vytautas's discussion What Do We Learn From History?
"You seem to really have taken to heart Aristotle's axiom that man is a political animal. Would you say that it is true that you believe this to be the case, and if so what do you believe that Aristotle meant?"
51 minutes ago
"Apparently Moses ranks up there with the politicians and philosophers who were most influential in forming the unique and more important aspects of American government that distinguished that republicanism from the other forms of rule available at…"
53 minutes ago
Shane commented on Rusty Rogers's photo
Thumbnail

Week27

"Stupid auto correct."
53 minutes ago
Shane commented on Rusty Rogers's photo
Thumbnail

Week27

"Rusty's back is jacked up, that's why I'm giving him this advice. If your back is fine and your form is perfect, you're probably still doing too much ab work. For information in the spine Dr. Stuart McGill is the go to guy in…"
55 minutes ago
"So history was always political history What does the first Greek historian, Herodotus, say?"
1 hour ago
Will replied to Pale Horse's discussion Is __ Manly?
"I think the blowback you'd get would be indistinguishable from what happens anyway."
1 hour ago
"I like the image of a Johnny Appleseed traveling the country to teach history. But, I hate Florida, and I am undecided about whether students ought to be thoroughly acquainted with the "standard" narrative of history before one starts…"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service