Hey Gents:

Been an avid AoM reader since 2012 and as you can see in the title, I am looking for a tractor tire for flipping/sledge hammer.

I am in Massachusetts and if anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be great. I don't have a lead at all.

Thanks,

Steve

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I found one on Craigslist a few years back.  Another option I heard about, but haven't done myself, is to find a tire/tractor shop that works with those size tire.

Go to a John Deer dealership and ask what they do with old tires.  Else look for a farm co-op for the same.

True

Thanks 'fellas, just contacted a couple of people from John Deer dealerships, any other place besides John Deer?

You might do one of these:

1.  Go OLD SCHOOL and look up "Tractors" in the Yellow Pages.

2.  Google "Tractors" and your state or "Tractor Tires" and your state

BTW it's John DEERE.

Is there a tire plant in the area.  You might be able to get a defect for cheap / free.

Contact any tire store that deals in agriculture tires. If they don't have an old one, they can point you to a farmer that has one laying around. 

If I were closer you could choose your size lol we have plenty of them

Thanks for the help, wish I was as well LOL

If you live anywhere near New Bedford, go to F&B Rubberized on Washburn Street.

They recycle tires there and usually have hundreds of varying sizes laying around. Talk to the foreman, he should be able to help you out.  

He had told me that they sold gyms and individuals tires before.  Should be pretty cheap.

RSS

Latest Activity

R. Max 2.0 replied to John Muir's discussion Donald Trump Is A Greedy, Creepy, Ignorant Jerk in the group The Great Debate
"One might say sad. Saaaaaad."
3 hours ago
Pale Horse replied to John Muir's discussion Donald Trump Is A Greedy, Creepy, Ignorant Jerk in the group The Great Debate
"I appreciate that he hasn't forgotten who took him this far, but if he keeps this up I'm not sure of the logistical value of it. It may be good for his PR and for morale in general but it's not good for the nation's purse."
3 hours ago
Shane replied to John Muir's discussion Donald Trump Is A Greedy, Creepy, Ignorant Jerk in the group The Great Debate
"Standard Trump rally. You guys don't want to watch it."
5 hours ago
Sir replied to Portnoy's discussion History in the group The Great Debate
"Facts sure do complicate things.  Great post."
5 hours ago
Sir replied to Sir's discussion Total eclipse 8/21, US mainland
"Was that cool, or what?"
5 hours ago
Dave K left a comment for JP
"Thanks For the friend request JP"
5 hours ago
Specs joined Liam Strain's group
Thumbnail

AoM Secrets and Mysteries

A place for the open discussion of alternative metaphysics, the occult, magick, paganism, and other cosmologies not otherwise represented.
8 hours ago
Roger Adam replied to Christopher Everet's discussion How do you handle just being friends with your crush?
"I agree"
9 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service