How ought a woman to be treated? Differently than a man or in an equal fashion?

Some argue that men are above women in various ways or that a man ought to

have the final say in marital discussion. Should a woman open the door for a man

just as a man would for a woman? Should there be a strong divide between both

sexes for masculinity to be established in a man; e.g., if a man were to stay home

and tend to the children while the wife works or if the woman in a relationship be

the stronger or bolder person in character? Should we retain the old-fashioned

customs of bread-winning and getting the chair/door for the opposite sex or

should there be a level line of conduct between individuals? What are your thoughts?

- With Regards, J.S.

Views: 993

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It seems obvious to me that if you were to treat a woman in the exact same way as you would treat a man, she would think that you hate her. Women expect to be treated differently than men treat each other. They don't want to be equal. They want to retain all of the traditional advantages of being female and add on all of the traditional advantages of being male. This is properly called supremacy, not equality.

If women wanted equality, they would fight for fathers' rights. If women wanted equality, they would publicly announce the wild inaccuracies of gendered wage gap statistics. Granted, there are a few women who do these things, but the vast majority seem content to accept all of the cookies without fighting for someone else's rights and protections.

As long as this state of affairs continues, I can't see women as being fully-fledged, adult citizens. A big part of growing up is being forced to take responsibility for yourself no matter how much you don't like it. Think of reproductive rights in the United States and most Western nations. If a man wants to experience normal human sexuality at least once, he must fully commit himself to being responsible for whatever happens for the next 19 years. Every woman is given the right to murder a baby and may never be forced to even tell the father about it. Does that sound equal to anyone? How many women are fighting for our reproductive rights? They want to be supreme, not equal.

You must be a real hit at parties.

telling the truth is never popular.

It is when it's said with love.

People in general should treat people in person in ways that would not hurt them.

On line it is another story esp here.  You can say anything you want you are not in the same place as them.  Some women are stronger than some men.  Yes we are all different not the same.  Some women do not give a shit what you say to them they will say worse back to you.  

Depends where you are and who you are with in how you will deal with situations.   What is done in the middle of an expensive hotel will not be the same as on the farm in the middle of no where.

I think the issue here is treatment, so I offer a treatment of sorts, based on the courses I took last semester at school.

1. From the Catholic doctrine perspective, a woman is the most important thing on earth. Doctrine says "her place is to maintain the home" while simultaneously admonishing men to do EVERYTHING necessary to ensure she can.

2. In this modern day and age, two incomes are the standard unless one of you in the relationship is lucky enough to make enough money to support single income, therefore, the question of gender an work roles is moot. The better educated and/or better able will make more money, regardless of sexual biology.

3. Woman/Man is a gender construct that does nothing but cause problems.

4. Getting the door is an element of courtesy extended to everyone equally in my view. I will hold a door for an aged man walking into the same place I am with the same reverence I will to any woman.5. If a man and a woman have equally bold characters, they will only serve to compliment and challenge each other in a good way.

6. Finally, answering the first reply, I find women are frequently better shots than men are when trained and practiced.

RSS

Latest Activity

Joshua E Shorey joined Dennis Heins's group
Thumbnail

The Smoking Lounge

Come on in, light up your favorite pipe or cigar, and relax with the rest of us.
4 minutes ago
Joshua E Shorey replied to Josh Williams's discussion I touched her butt.
"I believe this gentleman is correct. If you are reading this, he is right. Most men have to live with some manner of shame at their behavior at some point. A lot of men have had some temptation regarding forbidden fruit. You gave in, and youre a…"
20 minutes ago
Joshua E Shorey joined Andrew LaBrador's group
Thumbnail

Pipe & Co

A place to discuss the return of the pipe and the world of pipe smoking.See More
29 minutes ago
Michael D. Denny replied to Paul's discussion Tattoo Idea's (outdoor/farm theme)
"How about getting the words "Tattoos are goofy and cliche" tattooed on your other shoulder? "
36 minutes ago
Karl Helweg replied to Karl Helweg's discussion Paranoia and the virtue of hospitality?
"Just a short update on this experiment in couchsurfing.  Two of the couchsurfers who asked to stay with us cancelled at the last minute due to their transportation falling through which was a bit disappointing.  Two fellows ended up…"
1 hour ago
Chuck Drennen posted a discussion

Calling All Sculptures and Artists

Okay I would like to sculpt a model of this sculpture because I cant find one online within my price range. I consider myself to have bit of artistic ability and have always admired the Aztec/ Mesoamerican culture. And suggestions on how to go about sculpting this or even what kind of clay to purchase would be greatly appreciated. Here is a link with some photos of the statue …See More
2 hours ago
Brett McKay left a comment for Nikita Borisov
"That would be fine Nikita."
2 hours ago
Profile IconAndrew Bibbins, James Marshall Possin and Chuck Drennen joined Art of Manliness
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service