The older I get (I am 46), the more I understand that it is the little things in life that give the most pleasure. The big things, like my Jeep Rubicon, are enjoyable, but don't soothe the soul the same way.
Here are a few of my little pleasures, in no particular order:
1) cold, clean sheets
2) 2" square ice cubes in my scotch
3) the unprompted declaration of "I love you" from my 7-year-old daughter
4) the feel of a fountain pen
5) my dog lying next to me while watching a good movie
6) shining my shoes
7) standing on top of a mountain
8) the smell of leather
9) the sound of a #2 pencil
10) cleaning a handgun
What are your simple pleasures in life?
I'm a French press devotee myself. Best appliance I ever got for the kitchen was a hot water dispenser. It puts out near-boiling water (205 degrees), so I can just fill up the press and go to town - no heating water.
It's a life changer.
thanks for this - I like your list
Hope it is okay to try some of these out for myself
Eating the weak.
I'd like to hear that in your own version of "My favorite things": Eating the weak and whiskers on kittens...