I am a rather average young man of height standing at a regular height of 5'10. I would like to be taller because I feel it would increase my confidence and level out the playing field that is dating. Does anyone mind sharing their height and discussing how it has affected their life? Please share. Thank you.

Views: 1559

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ATTITUDE! I like to say that us short men, (and you, sir, are NOT short!), us men who are under 5'6", such as myself being 5'4" have "concentrated masculinity". I learned that how I carry myself matters. There was a movie years ago titled "Walking Tall". Not that I am referencing the movie, but just the title. 

Napoleon was short, but how do you think he acted or walked?

As for women's attitudes, I have not noticed them looking down on me, figuratively speaking.

Sure it's a bother in the world not to be noticed sometimes, and not to be able to reach some things, but I don't get scalped by ceiling fans, either!

Take it from me. I'm 6'4''. being tall isn't all it is cracked up to be. I'm too tall for plane seats, stadium seats and about 40% of the cars that are made. It is hard for me to find clothes that fit my shoulders and arm length.

Height in my family skips a generation. My grandfather was 6'5'' but my dad and all his brothers were 5'10''. I have 3 cousins over 6'.

I think 5'10" is the perfect height for a man. You're not short and 90% of the women are 5'8'' and shorter. As for confidence, that has nothing to do with height. If you have poor self esteem ant 5'10'' you'll have poor self esteem at 6'10''.

I'm 5'6".  That's probably kind of on the short side. I've got a small frame to boot (it's hard, but not unheard of, to find people with smaller bones than me).  I was always jealous of the 'bigger' guys because they were more athletic in school.  Now that I'm older, I realize there are benefits to being short. I don't have to watch my head very much in buildings and most things tend to fit me (although finding pants can be hard).

After High School who really cares?

Apparently no one told me not too! :D

RSS

Latest Activity

René Eichhorn commented on Anthony Giannotti's group Mustaches
"Welkome Sir to our club, yes we like mustache, because it looks very manly and itvis better for my skin!"
55 minutes ago
Jdub Phx joined Anthony Giannotti's group
Thumbnail

Mustaches

A group where men can revel in the manliness of MUSTACHES
1 hour ago
Juan Ramirez commented on Douglas Perry's blog post Dear goodness I'm becoming a brony
"It's a good show you don't need help. "
2 hours ago
Olive George updated their profile
2 hours ago
Jdub Phx joined Bruce Uall's group
Thumbnail

The Shirtless Man

Shirtlessness is the essence of manliness.
2 hours ago
Weps replied to Zachary Warner's discussion Manly Hobbies
"I've got some conversation starters, haha. A growing collection of Civil Defense survey meters and geiger counters, with original boxes, documentation and accessories. Had most of them calibrated and restored, the counters are very sensitive…"
2 hours ago
Jdub Phx replied to Dan B's discussion What diesel car should I get with the VW buyback?
"Buy a pre-owned Mercedes diesel or another VW diesel if you really want to stick with a diesel. I don't hold it against the VW engineers for the scandal, probably more their marketing department. And they have now corrected the problem. I have…"
3 hours ago
Mick Braddock joined Dave Santuomo's group
Thumbnail

Pickup Trucks

In the Old West a man's horse was his first love. This is a group for those who feel that saw love for their pickup truck.See More
3 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service