I am a rather average young man of height standing at a regular height of 5'10. I would like to be taller because I feel it would increase my confidence and level out the playing field that is dating. Does anyone mind sharing their height and discussing how it has affected their life? Please share. Thank you.

Views: 669

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

5'10" is plenty good enough, and above average - I wouldn't stretch your height. Stretch your confidence, if that's what you need. But women are attracted to above average confidence (as long as it hasn't crossed over into arrogance).

You asked about our experience of our own height - I can't say being 6'4", and supposedly handsome, ever did me any good. I get compared to Liam Neeson a lot. Women distrusted me because I supposedly "Think I'm all that." That's a judgment they made without talking to me, and something I'd hear frequently, second hand. The woman I married bothered to talk to me, first, before making up her mind.

Seriously - no use worrying about your height, especially when you have plenty of it. It's a superficial thing that may attract women at first, but it's not enough to hold onto one, which is the real challenge.

ATTITUDE! I like to say that us short men, (and you, sir, are NOT short!), us men who are under 5'6", such as myself being 5'4" have "concentrated masculinity". I learned that how I carry myself matters. There was a movie years ago titled "Walking Tall". Not that I am referencing the movie, but just the title. 

Napoleon was short, but how do you think he acted or walked?

As for women's attitudes, I have not noticed them looking down on me, figuratively speaking.

Sure it's a bother in the world not to be noticed sometimes, and not to be able to reach some things, but I don't get scalped by ceiling fans, either!

A question:

How would you become taller?  You could put lifts in your shoes but once you take them off you would be back to where you started anyway.

Take it from me. I'm 6'4''. being tall isn't all it is cracked up to be. I'm too tall for plane seats, stadium seats and about 40% of the cars that are made. It is hard for me to find clothes that fit my shoulders and arm length.

Height in my family skips a generation. My grandfather was 6'5'' but my dad and all his brothers were 5'10''. I have 3 cousins over 6'.

I think 5'10" is the perfect height for a man. You're not short and 90% of the women are 5'8'' and shorter. As for confidence, that has nothing to do with height. If you have poor self esteem ant 5'10'' you'll have poor self esteem at 6'10''.

I'm 5'6".  That's probably kind of on the short side. I've got a small frame to boot (it's hard, but not unheard of, to find people with smaller bones than me).  I was always jealous of the 'bigger' guys because they were more athletic in school.  Now that I'm older, I realize there are benefits to being short. I don't have to watch my head very much in buildings and most things tend to fit me (although finding pants can be hard).

After High School who really cares?

Apparently no one told me not too! :D

RSS

Latest Activity

Room 210 updated their profile
9 minutes ago
Sean O' replied to David F.'s discussion Signed up for the Gym. Asking for a Clue.
"I would say to start immediately with the compound lifts and as you progress and master them start adding accessory lifts as necessary."
15 minutes ago
Pale Horse replied to Andreias's discussion Gender Identity vs Gender Expression Or How I Figured Out People Have NO Idea What Masculinity Is
"+1"
22 minutes ago
Andreias replied to Andreias's discussion Gender Identity vs Gender Expression Or How I Figured Out People Have NO Idea What Masculinity Is
"I am not working within (just) a duality here. I feel that my existence expands upon it, may fill gaps that would otherwise be left up to conjecture (such as nature vs nurture). I embrace the fact that masculinity is both biology and social in…"
39 minutes ago
Michael D. Denny replied to David Johns's discussion Males insecurity?
"Are you saying that I've been fooling myself these past 40 years when I've been considering myself a man? "
1 hour ago
Michael D. Denny replied to David Johns's discussion Males insecurity?
"I think "masculinity" as two parameters.   One being the opposite of "boyishness" and the other being the opposite of "feminine".   Whatever the "it" is that we are debating as being…"
1 hour ago
Lon R. replied to Alex's discussion What's your field in the group Men of Science
"Cell biology, formerly biochemistry. I made the switch because 1) I found out biochemistry was all protein structure this and protein structure that, and 2) I didn't want to take this one upper div class with this supposedly horrible horrible…"
1 hour ago
Michael D. Denny replied to Andreias's discussion Gender Identity vs Gender Expression Or How I Figured Out People Have NO Idea What Masculinity Is
"I don't buy the idea that male hormones make us "masculine" while female hormones make us "feminine". I don't believe hormones are that strongly defining. Explains a lot. "
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service