Views: 1780

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This knot seems to be all the rage, but I honestly don't see much value in it. 

unfortunately, my tie is too short as it is

If I did not know what the knot was I would think you tied your tie backwards.

Honestly I think you can get a way with such knots if the rest of your attire is complete, including cufflinks and pocket square.  Otherwise, like I said you tied your tie backwards.

My thoughts, exactly.  It took me long enough to figure out how to not make a Full Windsor look backwards.

I think it will greatly increase your chances of picking up the guy at the bar you have had your eyes on.

Good luck Denny.

Am I the only one who thinks it's absolutely horrible and trying way to hard to  be different?

A man only needs three knots IMO, four in hand, half Windsor and full Windsor

Oh I can see it's application if someone loves to dress well and is getting tired of the usual, but it is all about the execution as I said before.

RSS

Latest Activity

Gordon Bomar replied to Shannon N. Clark's discussion Family Problem...
"Hi Shannon,  Do you have an "Update " for us? How is everything working out with your Step-Father?"
2 hours ago
Shannon N. Clark replied to Sir's discussion What college freshmen should know
"A sort of current issues class would be good. Something important that generations are losing is their interest in what is happening around them and understanding what they can do about it. Something else could be useful would be a life lessons…"
3 hours ago
Dominic replied to floyd james's discussion What has happened to masculinity
"  Debatable."
5 hours ago
John Muir replied to Sir's discussion How far apart we are in the group The Great Debate
"I like the lyrics to this Irish song, regarding patriotism. The title to Tom Clancy's book "Patriot Games" is borrowed from the lyrics. Come all ye young rebels, and list while I sing, For the love of one's country is a…"
8 hours ago
John Muir replied to Sir's discussion How far apart we are in the group The Great Debate
" Actually, I know all too much. It's mostly a vice rather than a virtue.  "
9 hours ago
Sir replied to Sir's discussion How far apart we are in the group The Great Debate
"Oh, hell, just when making nice seemed possible. We don't insult each other's patriotism here.  Attack the position, not the man."
9 hours ago
Aaron F Kendrick replied to Sir's discussion How far apart we are in the group The Great Debate
"Then, I perceive you know nothing of patriotism, and it's no surprise given the philosophical bend of the country as a whole.  Patriotism has NOTHING to do whatsoever with the government, but to the principles of the country as…"
9 hours ago
Sir added a discussion to the group The Great Debate
Thumbnail

Another brick in the wall

The proposed wall with Mexico.  Or Turkey's wall with Syria.  Or Saudi's wall with Iraq.  Clinton's link:  http://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2016/09/on-the-border/502277/?utm_...My earlier link: http://ijr.com/2015/01/233628-saudi-arabia-anti-isis-wall/Keep it civil.…See More
9 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service