I carry a thick Victorinox Swiss Army knife with me wherever I go. Do you, my gentlemen friends?

Views: 982

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I carry a leatherman multi-tool.

I carry a brown Case knife my grandfather gave me just about everywhere i go

Yes sir, I appear nowhere but on an airplane without my Swiss. I actually have thought of starting a blogspot on just how many uses I get per day out of that handy device. When I'm not working around the barn or in the outdoors, it does a lot of handy stuff around the office. The can opener is a great staple puller, and I'm always fixing minor things with the tweezers and screwdrivers. The scissors do a great job of getting into things as well.

Been carrying one every day since around 1982.  Victorinox.  I feel half-naked if I mistakenly leave it at home (happens about two or three times a year).

They keep chancing the names and features:  Explorer, tinker, super tinker. 

I like phillips head screwdriver coming out the end so you can use it as a normal screwdriver.  For some reason most of the models have it coming out sideways (Like a tee handle), where it does me no good.  No figuring why they do this.

Once you decide that you like the phillips head oriented like that, it narrows the options down dramatically.  I also like the scissors and use the magnifying glass quite a bit.  It was sad when they reduced the quality on that to save a penny or two.

I do so, too. Years ago I attend a client of mine to his judicial hearing and I forget about my swiss army knife in my pants pocket. So the alert of the safety testing began to warn the security guards of the court. Kind of a funny situation. The guards also laughed and said it´s quite normal for a guy to carry such a knife. it´s practical and useable.

RSS

Latest Activity

Northumbrian replied to James's discussion When can a kid pick his own damn hairstyle?!
"I'd ,et a kid pick whatever hairstyle they wanted, as long as it's not something the media ridicules"
20 minutes ago
Shane replied to Pale Horse's discussion General Election 2016 in the group The Great Debate
"The Black Panthers are, and always have been, racial segregationists. I wouldn't expect an endorsement for a white candidate from them. But what he said was interesting."
4 hours ago
Shane replied to Pale Horse's discussion General Election 2016 in the group The Great Debate
"Because it's interesting."
5 hours ago
Steve Dallas replied to Pale Horse's discussion General Election 2016 in the group The Great Debate
"Why does anyone in their right mind quote Quannell on anything?"
5 hours ago
Carl Monster replied to Steve Dallas's discussion Corporate Stupidity
"Just know that (in my very humble opinion) gins that do well in a G&T often taste bad in a martini. Hence many people tell me they don't like martinis, and then they tell me what gin they use and I go "a-ha!". But if you…"
5 hours ago
Carl Monster replied to Steve Dallas's discussion Corporate Stupidity
"Hmmm, never saw that vermouth before; trip to fancy liquor store planned."
5 hours ago
Vendetta posted a photo

Ragnar Ultra

My wife and I completed a Ragnar Trail Ultra race this past weekend with another couple. We clocked 31 miles each in the course of 27 hours.Lots of fun. Tired and sore, gonna take some time to recover from this one!
5 hours ago
Liam Strain replied to Pale Horse's discussion General Election 2016 in the group The Great Debate
"""Saying that Quanell X is voting for Donald Trump could not be further from the truth as Satan is from God. There's no way I'd vote for Donald Trump when, at his heart, he cares nothing for black people," Quanell…"
6 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service