I carry a thick Victorinox Swiss Army knife with me wherever I go. Do you, my gentlemen friends?

Views: 886

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I carry a leatherman multi-tool.

I carry a brown Case knife my grandfather gave me just about everywhere i go

Yes sir, I appear nowhere but on an airplane without my Swiss. I actually have thought of starting a blogspot on just how many uses I get per day out of that handy device. When I'm not working around the barn or in the outdoors, it does a lot of handy stuff around the office. The can opener is a great staple puller, and I'm always fixing minor things with the tweezers and screwdrivers. The scissors do a great job of getting into things as well.

Been carrying one every day since around 1982.  Victorinox.  I feel half-naked if I mistakenly leave it at home (happens about two or three times a year).

They keep chancing the names and features:  Explorer, tinker, super tinker. 

I like phillips head screwdriver coming out the end so you can use it as a normal screwdriver.  For some reason most of the models have it coming out sideways (Like a tee handle), where it does me no good.  No figuring why they do this.

Once you decide that you like the phillips head oriented like that, it narrows the options down dramatically.  I also like the scissors and use the magnifying glass quite a bit.  It was sad when they reduced the quality on that to save a penny or two.

I do so, too. Years ago I attend a client of mine to his judicial hearing and I forget about my swiss army knife in my pants pocket. So the alert of the safety testing began to warn the security guards of the court. Kind of a funny situation. The guards also laughed and said it´s quite normal for a guy to carry such a knife. it´s practical and useable.

RSS

Latest Activity

Leto Atreides II replied to Belmin Bratic's discussion Manly figures of the modern culture
3 minutes ago
Errol R. Alger posted a photo
5 minutes ago
Leto Atreides II replied to Leto Atreides II's discussion Sony pulls The Interview Christmas Release in the group The Great Debate
5 minutes ago
Milo Morris replied to Belmin Bratic's discussion Manly figures of the modern culture
"My bad. I meant Mike Rowe. Steve Rowe is director of music at my church."
9 minutes ago
Bear77 joined Shane Belin's group
Thumbnail

Men of Science

Men of Science is a group for students, teachers, and admirers of science and exploration.See More
10 minutes ago
Jordan Brown replied to Leto Atreides II's discussion Sony pulls The Interview Christmas Release in the group The Great Debate
"I have a few problems with this. A, Why would the US want to kill Kim Jong Un(even if it is just a movie)? B, Why would they take internet threats seriously? C, If it IS NK hackers, how did they get internet access in their country and why are they…"
12 minutes ago
Bear77 joined Todd Serveto's group
Thumbnail

Growing in Manliness

Men who want to grow in masculinity, develop stronger manly traits, and be more confident in manhood.
13 minutes ago
Bear77 joined Leo Doom Occulta's group
Thumbnail

Gentlemen Atheists

A Group for Courteous Non-Believers
14 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service