I carry a thick Victorinox Swiss Army knife with me wherever I go. Do you, my gentlemen friends?

Views: 871

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I carry a leatherman multi-tool.

I carry a brown Case knife my grandfather gave me just about everywhere i go

Yes sir, I appear nowhere but on an airplane without my Swiss. I actually have thought of starting a blogspot on just how many uses I get per day out of that handy device. When I'm not working around the barn or in the outdoors, it does a lot of handy stuff around the office. The can opener is a great staple puller, and I'm always fixing minor things with the tweezers and screwdrivers. The scissors do a great job of getting into things as well.

Been carrying one every day since around 1982.  Victorinox.  I feel half-naked if I mistakenly leave it at home (happens about two or three times a year).

They keep chancing the names and features:  Explorer, tinker, super tinker. 

I like phillips head screwdriver coming out the end so you can use it as a normal screwdriver.  For some reason most of the models have it coming out sideways (Like a tee handle), where it does me no good.  No figuring why they do this.

Once you decide that you like the phillips head oriented like that, it narrows the options down dramatically.  I also like the scissors and use the magnifying glass quite a bit.  It was sad when they reduced the quality on that to save a penny or two.

I do so, too. Years ago I attend a client of mine to his judicial hearing and I forget about my swiss army knife in my pants pocket. So the alert of the safety testing began to warn the security guards of the court. Kind of a funny situation. The guards also laughed and said it´s quite normal for a guy to carry such a knife. it´s practical and useable.

RSS

Latest Activity

Jack Bauer replied to Will's discussion What's going on in those heads in the group The Great Debate
"Clearly I could earn money.  I wasn't at the time, but I can, and do.  I could also have saved-up to support myself through an unexpected unemployment.  I didn't (a mistake I won't make twice), but I…"
3 minutes ago
Josh Allen commented on Josh Allen's photo
Thumbnail

Josh100LuBu - Such A Powerful Photo!

"You can make fun of me for leaving a broken rinse and repeat system known as education, you can even laugh at my beliefs regarding Lamat but you cannot possibly deny a illusory reality that is basically a projection. We are all part of this massive…"
12 minutes ago
John Muir replied to Will's discussion What's going on in those heads in the group The Great Debate
"You paid into the unemployment system. You couldn't earn money. You paid the government to provide you with income when you couldn't. That's a service you paid for, just like you pay for the department of agriculture to inspect the…"
16 minutes ago
Josh Allen commented on Josh Allen's photo
19 minutes ago
WhiteBeard replied to The Eyeball Kid's discussion Auto Maintenance Schedule
"As others mentioned, following the recommended maintenance service schedule is definitely the best thing you can do.  Depending on the make of the car, having the car serviced at the dealership can cost you a pretty penny, but with some dealers…"
24 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Will's discussion What's going on in those heads in the group The Great Debate
"I wouldn't regard cash payment as a "service", paid for or otherwise.  Services are those things we pay the government to do because we can't -- defense, fire, law enforcement, roads, courts, schools (to some extent),…"
26 minutes ago
Rick Shelton commented on Josh Allen's photo
Thumbnail

Josh100LuBu - Such A Powerful Photo!

"Reality as described by a grade school dropout.  You gotta admit it's pretty compelling, I think I'll start worshiping a game character too."
41 minutes ago
John Muir replied to Will's discussion What's going on in those heads in the group The Great Debate
"So when you receive a government service equal to less than the money you gave the government for that service, it's a hand-out?"
43 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service