Over the past couple weeks one use has tried to turn the Swap Meet into his own personal eBay or etsy store, dumping several pages worth of items.  This seems to me to be an abuse of the site, as I don't think that's what our esteemed proprietor had in mind.  It's annoying as I'm not interested and the multiple listings are bumping legitimate subjects off the main page.  It seems to me that the solutions are to either ban the guy or separate the Swap Meet feed from the rest.  Or just not buy the guy's stuff and hope he'll eventually go away.

Views: 72

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is a swap-meet section ... so obviously Brett allowed for such postings.

Honestly, I'd prefer it if it were restricted to a single post at a time ... rather than a half-page of individual threads for individual items.  Maybe he can just start a single thread and bump it every time he has a new item, rather than having a separate thread for every razor he's selling.  Posting here probably gets him to his niche market ... but it does get in the way a bit.

JB

I agree. 

Complaining about large amounts of "For sale" ads in the "Swap meet" forum is like going to a KKK rally and complaining that you are annoyed at all the rednecks who keep showing up to those things. 

I think it's a problem when you have to go five pages deep to find a post in the Swap Meet that isn't by the same guy.  His attempt to set up a sideline business on this site has minor but annoying effects and I don't think this is what Brett wanted when he set up that sub-forum.

RSS

Latest Activity

Leto Atreides II replied to Pale Horse's discussion Study Shows Men With Inhuman Eating Habits Have Trouble Making More Humans in the group The Great Debate
"It only takes 1."
3 minutes ago
Leto Atreides II replied to Upside down bloke's discussion Nature of relationships
"Here I is."
3 minutes ago
Ed Deerly added a discussion to the group Men Over 50
Thumbnail

Women our age....

When I was twenty, women of forty-five and above seemed to look a lot older to me than they do now.  I see a lot of women around my age now (53) who are very attractive. Is it just a natural shift in perspective, or are women taking better care of themselves nowadays?See More
9 minutes ago
Regular Joe replied to Pale Horse's discussion Study Shows Men With Inhuman Eating Habits Have Trouble Making More Humans in the group The Great Debate
""Turns out it actually reduces the pulp in your juice by 30%, thanks to soy. Natural selection can be beautiful." Hmmm . . .  "As of 2007, UN FAO statistics indicated that Indians had the lowest rate of meat consumption in the…"
10 minutes ago
Pale Horse replied to Pale Horse's discussion Study Shows Men With Inhuman Eating Habits Have Trouble Making More Humans in the group The Great Debate
"And it also hinders the reproduction of the deranged. LOL"
11 minutes ago
Kaiser joined Chris O.'s group
Thumbnail

Manly Bow Tie Wearers

A group for those of us who love bow ties!
12 minutes ago
Rick Shelton replied to James Sullivan's discussion Owning rental properties while renting yourself?
"True but often people have said that cash buying property means it all goes to the owner, not taking into account all the associated costs.  And with the ownership of a rental unit there are costs that are not otherwise typically associated…"
12 minutes ago
Rick Shelton replied to David F.'s discussion Pew Research on Trust of News Orgs. in the group The Great Debate
"Is it "I'm afraid you're right"?  Or is that "I'm afraid, you're right"?"
16 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service