Due to a medical condition that has finally been resolved, I have lost over 50 pounds in the last 14 months.  My current size is 15" neck and 42" waist.  I've been looking for a dress shirt, but items either have a 15" neck and no belly room, or a 42" waist and no neck sizes that low.

Do any of you have any suggestions where I might find a shirt that is reasonable in price (I know, I know, but I cannot afford to have a shirt custom made).  Thank you.

Views: 153

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As one which would require a collar of 16.5", with a waist about 34", one may commiserate with such a predicament. In the absence of the—albeit rare—find of chemise, alteration would exist as the sole option.

I have the opposite problem -- 18" neck and a 32"-33" waist.  I'd give you the magic answer if I had one.  I just buy XL shirts to wear with ties -- because the rest strangle me to death.  All of my non-tie shirts are medium. 

JB

No more shrugs for you.

Nah.  Shrugs are for the traps, not the neck.  So you can get those badass 'Bane' shoulder muscles ...

Working on it.  My neck is just naturally thick, I guess.

JB

Jack, how did you get this picture of me?  LOL

LL Bean makes dress shirts in a few different fits. Their traditional fit, if I recall, has a pretty generous waist for a given size. 

Thank you, Liam. I will try to find one of their stores that is within driving distance (because I really feel the need to try it on rather than just order it online). I'll let you know.

My current size is 15" neck and 42" waist.

I suspect your problem is that you've been looking at "Slim Fit" dress shirts, which are the majority of what you'll find in stores. In a "Slim fit" dress shirt, a 15" neck results in a 38-40" chest and 34-36" waist.

Instead, do a web search for either

--"Men's dress shirts, Classic Fit" 

--"Men's dress shirts, Regular Fit"

"Classic fit" dress shirts: a 15" neck will get you a 45" waist

"Regular fit" dress shirts: 15" neck will get you 43" waist.

Below is a link to an article on the subject of these two sizes. About halfway down they give the chest and waist measurements for a shirt with a 15.5" neck.

Link: http://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-classic-fit-and...

For specific brands:

Calvin Klein's "Regular fit" dress shirts fit the bill. 15" neck will get you 43" waist. See this size chart: http://www.calvinklein.us/en/customerservice/men-size-guide#wl-dres...

Same with Paul Frederick's "Regular fit" dress shirts. 15" neck will get you 43" waist. See this size chart, scroll down, and click on "Regular Fit'":  http://www.paulfredrick.com/help/sizechart.aspx#dressshirts

Or just hunt down some "Classic Fit" shirts for an even roomier waist.

I think you can try branded shirts for you requirement as my father had the same issue he was also very disappointed while searching new clothes for him on different stores. Now he is shopping  through Zaful Coupons by reecoupons. As they have the good customer service they will suggest you the items that best fits for you.

RSS

Latest Activity

Lumpy52403 replied to Eric Lindberg's discussion What is the manliest job you ever had?
"Congratulations on becoming a Dad!  [cyber man-hug]"
5 hours ago
Stewart M. Davenport replied to Eric Lindberg's discussion What is the manliest job you ever had?
"I should add that I'm due to take on the manliest job anyone could ever have any time now: fatherhood. My wife is due to have our first baby, a boy, anytime this month."
5 hours ago
Pale Horse replied to Sir's discussion How goes the war in the group The Great Debate
"F"
6 hours ago
Pale Horse replied to Sir's discussion How goes the war in the group The Great Debate
"Cautiously optimistic about Trump's Afghanistan plan. Speech boiled down to: 1. Quit freely giving intel. 2. Quit nation building. 3. Work with our allies in the area. 4. Work with our own military. Now all that is well and good. But will we…"
7 hours ago
Peter O'Reilly replied to Eric Lindberg's discussion What is the manliest job you ever had?
"I work as a land surveyor.  For one year I had a fly in fly out job in northern Labrador, Canada.  If you want to talk about cold, come talk to me.  Try a cold where if you breathe in too quickly and deeply, ice crystals can form in…"
8 hours ago
Shane replied to Peter O'Reilly's discussion Fasting and Intermittant Fasting
"My default state is 16/8 IF. I've gone 30 days without food. I wouldn't recommend going for long on just water, too many health risks."
9 hours ago
Jesse Dean replied to Jesse Dean's discussion What Would You Do?
"Yes and since that is their only team, it is everyone's team. It is like their professional football team."
9 hours ago
Peter O'Reilly posted discussions
9 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service