Hey, so I've got sort of a confusing situation with a girl. I've been going to a Swing dancing group for a year now, and there's a girl I'd often seen there but never talked to. But a few weeks ago I danced with her, and she instantly got along with me. Like, it was weird. I didn't even do anything, but she acted like we're already best friends.
That night she added me on Facebook. A week or so went by, and we talked a bit at Swing, but then one day she randomly messaged me, because she realized we live close to each other. And she said we should "hang out" sometime. And so took the hint and set a time and place. But we never called it a date.

But even before we had the "date," she asked if I could give her a ride to Swing. (Weird, considering I'd basically just met her.) So I did. Then the next day we had our date and it went pretty well. She always seemed excited to see me at Swing, but at the same time, it felt different than when other girls liked me. Like, I would flirt, and it didn't really feel like she was responding much. I felt like it's all me.

And then she started inviting me to small get together with some non-swing friends. And I went to a Christmas Eve party at her friend's house. Then she added me on Snapchat, and snapchatted me like, all day. And then I went to a dance and her and I talked a lot, and I ended up driving her home. (Actually on multiple occasions.) And one of my friends even asked me that night if we were a thing, and I said I really don't know. Because nothing of that kind had ever been talked about. We'd never called anything a date, and there was never any major flirting on her end. Nothing that seemed like a definite sign that I should be more assertive.

Then one day I decided to plan another "date" but chickened out and didn't actually call it a date. We decided to go ice skating. But then at the last minute, she randomely changed it to a big event that she invited all her friends to. And yesterday we went there, and I drove her. We even had coffee before we left.
But for the duration of the trip, she just seemed really indifferent toward me. She was sort of upset because things weren't working out as she planned. But when I tried to comfort her, she barely seemed to notice.

That was yesterday. After almost 5 days in a row of seeing her, we don't have anything planned, and she hasn't snapchatted me once. And I'm beginning to wonder... did she ever actually like me? Is she just really friendly maybe? Because it almost seemed too perfect. How much we talked. Like, if she actually like me she wouldn't be so forward.

Any idea what's going on here? I'm on the verge of giving up on the whole thing. Or else, finding a chance to ask her on a real date, or telling her how I feel. What would be the manly response to this situation?

Views: 3143

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

>Pic Related

My uncle says he hates LaForge because he doesn't have to bang on the engine and cuss at it like Scotty. :P

If you like her then ask her out, and if you do not turn out to like her then just leave her alone or stay friends.

Yes, I know exactly what is going on.  You are stuck in your head trying to "figure things out" when you should be talking to her and telling her the truth.  People are far to complex to be figured out by others.  Talk to her, you need the practice.

RSS

Latest Activity

John Pound commented on Josh Allen's photo
Thumbnail

My Father training for his competition in a few months

"It looks as if your father has put in a huge amount of hard work here Josh. I'm a physique/fitness athlete myself so can appreciate what has to be done to get into this condition. Excellent!"
38 minutes ago
Adam updated their profile
1 hour ago
Josh updated their profile
1 hour ago
Davis updated their profile
1 hour ago
Stuart Charles posted a discussion

Vegetarian for a Month

Evening Gents, I read this articlehttp://www.artofmanliness.com/2012/08/28/how-to-treat-life-like-an-experiment/ I decided I am going to try vegetarianism for a month. I like meat, I have no moral issues with eating it, this purely to see what effect dropping meat from my diet has on me. I will be useing the lacto-ovo type of vegetarianism, which means dairy and eggs but no meat. I would like to know if…See More
2 hours ago
Derrick Fiedler updated their profile
3 hours ago
Tony Petrucci joined Matthew Jones's group
Thumbnail

Real Shaving

For all those who know the pleasure, ritual and value of a real shave.See More
3 hours ago
Tony Petrucci joined Jacob Fehr's group
Thumbnail

Manly Character

A discussion about what it means to be manly on the inside. We can participate in all the manly activities we desire and still be a coward. Men are involved in a variety of careers and hobbies that differ greatly, but we can all still be great men.See More
3 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service