why do men shave theat hair around thear genitalis? i see this when i am at the gym. most of them are 20 -30 , do anny of you do this and why?

Views: 553

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Michael, I feel the same way as you do. I do like to trim the area to make it look neater. As I am getting older I feel that a man looks more masculine with body hair. When guys wear their shirts opened up showing a hairy chest, it makes him look very macho. I think that a guy should be proud to have a hairy body. I appreciated reading your comment Michael. 

I did once the total shaving thing, it felt awful when it grew back and I didn't like the look either and I only did it out of curiosity, I prefer the "natural" trimmed look now and my GF likes that too.

I have never shaved my genitals, and don't plan on shaving them anytime soon.

Hey i trim mine w/ electric clippers. manscape chest and belly too.Looks so cool.

John

I'm probably providing too much info here, but I trim my body hair as well, so I can answer the question about clippers and clipper guides.

As I get older (I'm in my sixties), the hair on my body just keeps getting thicker and longer. It's pretty much turning into a body-wide carpet of hair. So just before swimsuit season I break out the clippers and shorten up the hair to one extent or another from my neck down to my knees. If I didn't trim, I would look like an old sheepdog in a bathing suit at the beach.

I also include a trim around my groin just to be consistent, and for my girlfriend's sake.

As for equipment, I have an old set of Wahl clippers (full-size barber shop-style haircutting clippers, not the smaller trimming or shaving clippers), probably 20 years old but still looking almost new. I have the standard set of "clipper guides" that came with it, ranging from No. 1 to No. 8. And across the years I've written down which "clipper guide" to use for each part of my body, so I have it down to a science. I can do a full-body trim pretty quickly.

I trim my groin loosely with the biggest clipper guide, a No. 8 clipper guide (it's a 1-inch guide), and it probably leaves the hair 3 inches long, taking into account the fact that the hair kinks and doesn't lie straight. But if you want even longer hair down there, you can look around on Amazon and find custom clipper guides up to No. 12 (1.5 inches) and even No. 16 (2 inches).

Anyway, No. 8 works for me since I also do some trimming on my chest, stomach and thighs. To my eye, everything comes out looking neat and non-shaggy and still more or less natural, and it all blends in together nicely. My girlfriend seems happy with the look as well. She doesn't like shaggy old men, and the overall look is neat and clean.

Anyway, I don't see trimming body hair as a weird thing. Bodybuilders and wrestlers have to shave everything smooth, and when I was in the Marines in Hawaii back in the 70s just about all the Marines were manscaping their backs and chests and legs for a clean beach look.

RSS

Latest Activity

Sir replied to Pale Horse's discussion Best Methods for Cutting Down on Sweets
"I was trying to be nice."
3 minutes ago
Pale Horse replied to Lumberjoe's discussion What happens when Islamic sexism meets Icelandic feminism / gender equality? Let's find out! in the group The Great Debate
"Daggumit, Shane, read Dune."
20 minutes ago
Pale Horse replied to Pale Horse's discussion Best Methods for Cutting Down on Sweets
"Or better yet, think of the people who unironically have waifus!"
22 minutes ago
Pale Horse replied to Pale Horse's discussion Best Methods for Cutting Down on Sweets
"Wow, congratulations. My goal is just to have a more healthful diet. I am not overweight, but I do have a family history of diabetes, and I know eventually when I'm older that eating junk food will have greater consequences. Thanks for the…"
23 minutes ago
"Good point on changing the mindset. I think most of us have an "I shouldn't" frame of mind rather than an "I don't" frame of mind, at least when it comes to vices. I'm not sure I want to watch one of those…"
26 minutes ago
"Same here, an ice cold coke is one of the best things on earth. Mexican coke is more expensive here too, so maybe if I only drink that I'll cut down out of monetary necessity!"
30 minutes ago
Braeden replied to Lumberjoe's discussion What happens when Islamic sexism meets Icelandic feminism / gender equality? Let's find out! in the group The Great Debate
"If Shane and Clinton have united against you, its time to stop and think about your life."
33 minutes ago
Sir replied to Lumberjoe's discussion What happens when Islamic sexism meets Icelandic feminism / gender equality? Let's find out! in the group The Great Debate
"It's always possible to put spin on.  Doesn't mean much, though."
34 minutes ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service