My name is Matthew. I'm the managing editor of a 65 year old publication focusing on international folk music based in South Eastern Pennsylvania. I acquired this job when I was 24, I am 26 now. In the span of those two years, I have gone from being 240 lbs to my current weight of 160 lbs. I had a back/hip injury at my job before this, which causes me chronic pain. The weight loss was intentional, as a means to lessen the chronic pain. Though it did very little to help the pain, I have grown much more confident in my physical self, and I am much better for it. In the summer of 2013 I was in a relationship with a woman who had long been a friend. I assisted with the in-home hospice care of her mother who was dying of cancer. However, after her mother passed, our relationship fell apart, and it left me feeling used and embittered. I've battled varying degrees of depression over the last few months, and I am currently in a state of discontent. I have taken up several hobbies and activities, such as editing a newsletter for a local food cooperative, bicycling, writing, cooking and extensive reading. I come to this place to find new voices and suggestions. 

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Several suggestions.

Depression (if it's not just feeling blue):  medication is not a bad idea.  There are also ways to leave it behind.  I also wonder if you're isolated, that is, if you have friends you hang with and can talk about things to.

Talking about it:  Blank Anonymous  (CoDA, ACA -- not the substance-abuse ones; they're focused on the substance, which doesn't seem to be your issue

Pain:  I assume you're consulting a doc about this

Career:  What's your plan for the future?  Might need to make one.  Not as urgent as the other things here it sounds like

Direction:  none of the things you describe are big enough to matter to you.  You don't need distracting; you need a mission in life, a purpose.  Is there a Higher Power in the picture?  What's so big and so great it'll get you up in the morning?

RSS

Latest Activity

Edward Warden commented on thehuhman's group Men Over 50
"Elon, thanks.  I used the book 7 Weeks to 100 Pushups to reach that goal.  I should have started earlier, however, because it took me much, much longer to get there. "
24 minutes ago
Lucius Artorius Castus replied to Will's discussion The red pill
""where did [he] say that? instead of being a troll, how about posting something intelligent?""
47 minutes ago
Leto Atreides II replied to Nick F's discussion Is sexual trolling a thing here? in the group Christian Men
"Heh, I'd forgotten about that one."
1 hour ago
Leto Atreides II replied to Will's discussion The red pill
"Sucks when you can't delete a discussion once you start getting your ass handed to you, huh?"
1 hour ago
Lucas Fialho replied to Will's discussion The red pill
"The most of brazilians sites who explore the manliness values sustain this same point of view. To me its really sad to see someone behaving like that. Most people who see world like this think the only womans who behave like a 50s movie house wife…"
1 hour ago
Carl Monster commented on Will's group New Warriors
"Our men's group is sputtering out. They have tried to get more to come, but men in this area seem to be too guarded and practical to be into this sort of thing. The experience has been a gift and I will remember it fondly."
1 hour ago
Penelope replied to Will's discussion The red pill
"It's always hard to know whether the law should be normative or descriptive on social issues.  Like Airbnb - the new laws to regulate it legitimize it, which will tend to foreclose efforts to weed it out.  So, yeah, rules for…"
1 hour ago
Carl Monster replied to Upside down bloke's discussion Nature of relationships
"I honestly have never given it any thought. Been married to someone for 19 years now, and lived with her as a couple for eight years before. It just works somehow. I'm sure it's aided by we are each other's best friend, and also share…"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service