Which of the three great genres do you guys prefer?

What are your reasons? 

Have fun. Geeking out is encouraged.

For me the holy grail is stuff that fuses more than one of the genres, but otherwise it almost like picking a favorite child. That being said, SF has the highest batting average for me, so I'd go with that.

Views: 193

Replies to This Discussion

My wife had me watch Paranormal Activity with her on a date night.  An hour-and-a-half of watching damn near nothing happen on a nightvision nanny cam.  She loved it, though.

JB

I actually really did not like the movie all that much, but used it as an example since it was so wildly popular and really did some new and exciting things.

Hands down the best horror movies I have seen are "It Follows", "The Conjuring", "The Ring", "Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)", and "28 Days Later". 

Paranormal Activity was released at the same time as The Blair Witch Project, and both had that "found footage" approach. Blair Witch won, but PA is decent IMO. Wouldn't watch it again but didn't hate it.

I saw The Conjuring and assumed it was a low budget movie. I actually liked it, though.

Blair Witch Project came out like 8 years before PA.  Hard to believe. At the time BWP truly was a ground breaking movie. 

The Conjuring was (relatively) low budget at 20 million.  They did some really cool things in that movie that really stuck out to me (the clapping scene).

Dammit, now I want to watch it again, haha. 

Even though I usually don't care much for horror films, I know what you mean. The Shining did that to me. I was NOPE-ing pretty much the whole time.

I loved that movie.  The book was even better.

I was in like 6th grade when I saw "the ring" in theaters. I didn't sleep for like a week after I saw it.  I suppose that it didn't help that I had a TV right next to my bed, haha. 

RSS

Latest Activity

Shane replied to Pale Horse's discussion They Who Shall Not Be Named in the group The Great Debate
"The neo-nazi element was nearly overwhelming. Luckily there was some strong young lads there to help out. https://twitter.com/breaking911/status/898940289590677505"
41 minutes ago
Shane replied to Pale Horse's discussion They Who Shall Not Be Named in the group The Great Debate
"Periscope of the speeches. https://www.pscp.tv/w/1MYxNXOLYZwGw"
4 hours ago
"For those of you who showed such concern, RSB is running all the live streams they can find of the Boston Free Speech rally today. https://youtu.be/fTxRr-UtVU8 For those who don't know, this was organized by the "alt-lite" who were…"
6 hours ago
Daniel Rodriguez posted a status
"Drunken Peasants"
17 hours ago
Shane replied to Daniel Rodriguez's discussion Should we move to discord or at least to another 'free' forum template site?
"LOL I just looked it up."
19 hours ago
Shane replied to Daniel Rodriguez's discussion Should we move to discord or at least to another 'free' forum template site?
"Is that Yiddish?"
19 hours ago
R. Max 2.0 replied to Daniel Rodriguez's discussion Should we move to discord or at least to another 'free' forum template site?
"You wasackly lil' nudnik. "
19 hours ago
"I didn't tell you to stop talking."
19 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service