Soon there won't be any of them left. RIP Wild Bill!

http://news.yahoo.com/band-brothers-vet-william-guarnere-dies-90-20...

Views: 133

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

RIP

They're dropping like flies. There should be a campaign to find every WWII vet we can, and document their stories, if they don't mind.

There's one in your family you can start with

I've been thinking about recording it like you said. It's a good idea.

He wrote a book with Heffron, very good read

I'll have to read it some time.

RSS

Latest Activity

Carl Monster replied to Mike Verbickas's discussion Upward Mobility
"I work with someone who lives in Allentown. Father in law is a developer there. Lots of stuff happening downtown; sports teams moving in, new restaurants and clubs. Outskirts are becoming a major transit hub for shipping for rail and truck freight…"
3 hours ago
Mike Verbickas replied to Mike Verbickas's discussion Upward Mobility
"So Allentown/Bethlehem is ideal? Color me interested. It puts me in shouting distance of major metro cities, too. There's a girl in Florida. The only thing keeping her there is visitation with her kids."
3 hours ago
Jack Bauer replied to Mike Verbickas's discussion Upward Mobility
"It's difficult to get the idea through my head of being commuting distance from more than one major city.  We don't put cities that close together around here. JB"
4 hours ago
M. replied to certified male's discussion Suffering Fools and Idiots
"I try to show due respect to all people. Due being the key word. Usually, I can find something I respect about another person, no matter how bad or foolish the behaviors they are known for. You can't expect a bird to swim or a fish to fly.…"
4 hours ago
"Those times must be off-peak. During rush hour you can easily wait a half hour to 45 minutes at a tunnel or bridge crossing."
4 hours ago
"He is within commuting distance of the Poconos, who's southern end is getting growth from the far-off NYC metropolitan area. An hour and a half move gets him to Allentown/Bethlehem corridor. We have clients there; Allentown is reviving, the…"
4 hours ago
Mike Verbickas replied to Mike Verbickas's discussion Upward Mobility
"Two hours away: New York City, Philadelphia Five hours away: Washington, DC., Boston. My neighbor is a contractor who routinely commutes to New York City for work.  Since I was jobless since February, I fell behind on my rent. Trying to work…"
4 hours ago
Mike Verbickas posted discussions
5 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service