Soon there won't be any of them left. RIP Wild Bill!

http://news.yahoo.com/band-brothers-vet-william-guarnere-dies-90-20...

Views: 128

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

RIP

They're dropping like flies. There should be a campaign to find every WWII vet we can, and document their stories, if they don't mind.

There's one in your family you can start with

I've been thinking about recording it like you said. It's a good idea.

He wrote a book with Heffron, very good read

I'll have to read it some time.

RSS

Latest Activity

Leto Atreides II replied to Karl Helweg's discussion Ginormous Guns? in the group Riflemen
"Obligatory. "
6 minutes ago
Vytautas replied to John Muir's discussion Oil in the group The Great Debate
"Economic consultant Mike Kimel, who previously taught at Pepperdine University, brings us a graph that demonstrates federal tax revenue as a percentage of GDP by dividing total federal receipts (aka revenue) by the GDP. It is color-coded red during…"
6 minutes ago
Shane replied to Karl Helweg's discussion Ginormous Guns? in the group Riflemen
"Hmmm my memory can't be that bad can it? Maybe it was four feet at 100yds. Hah. I know I once shot an elk off hand at ~500yds and really did "point it at the sky"."
9 minutes ago
Leto Atreides II replied to Karl Helweg's discussion Ginormous Guns? in the group Riflemen
"I have a copper .50BMG round on my desk as a paperweight. Cannot imagine firing a pistol chambered for it."
14 minutes ago
Danny j pasichnyk left a comment for Teefs S.
"Thanks for accepting my request. Yes, hope to chat sometime."
20 minutes ago
Teefs S. left a comment for Danny j pasichnyk
"thanks for the friend request!  see you  online!"
28 minutes ago
AlanR replied to AlanR's discussion Transitioning to Self-Employed / Contract Work
"Over the holiday weekend I was able to train with my father-in-law face to face and discuss some possibilities. I'm setting a personal goal of transitioning by February of 2016. That gives me a year to learn the system and get my family's…"
31 minutes ago
Liam Strain replied to Karl Helweg's discussion Ginormous Guns? in the group Riflemen
"To be fair, given the bullet size, that's not bad. Not a magnum, but not bad."
31 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service