Soon there won't be any of them left. RIP Wild Bill!

http://news.yahoo.com/band-brothers-vet-william-guarnere-dies-90-20...

Views: 128

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

RIP

They're dropping like flies. There should be a campaign to find every WWII vet we can, and document their stories, if they don't mind.

There's one in your family you can start with

I've been thinking about recording it like you said. It's a good idea.

He wrote a book with Heffron, very good read

I'll have to read it some time.

RSS

Latest Activity

Native Son replied to Nate's discussion The Skills of Learning - Depth of Processing
"My anecdotal defense of rote learning, currently described perjoratively as "repetition" by the educational establishment. ROTE LEARNING WORKS.  It's how you learned your "birth language."  IMHO, since I date back…"
53 minutes ago
Chimamire-no-Yuki posted a photo
1 hour ago
Shane replied to Ramona the Pest's discussion How Can I Entice a Reluctant Camper?
"I spent most of my highschool time camping. And as a kid a lot of summers. For me it's the norm."
1 hour ago
Native Son replied to Ramona the Pest's discussion How Can I Entice a Reluctant Camper?
"1. To paraphrase Commodore Vanderbilt on yachting: "If you have to ask..." 2. Because quite often, "nature," in the form of undeveloped areas, is usually not found anywhere near home or a hotel. When I do get the chance to get…"
1 hour ago
Native Son replied to Rusty Rogers's discussion Croci Matings
"Croci don't mate, per se. They propagate from corms, which are sort of like bulbs. The Internet is your friend. I found propagating instructions by Googling "crocus propagation" in about two minutes. That included following a blind…"
1 hour ago
Chimamire-no-Yuki replied to Ramona the Pest's discussion How Can I Entice a Reluctant Camper?
"Can I take this thread off topic for a second and ask, Why people like camping? I mean, what is the appeal of leaving the comfort and plenty of civilization in order to sleep in the forest on the ground and be exposed to insects and the elements all…"
1 hour ago
Native Son replied to Ramona the Pest's discussion How Can I Entice a Reluctant Camper?
"I have a sneaking suspicion the closest you're going to get him to camping will be someplace like Asilomar...you're sort of in the woods, you're virtually on the beach, but you don't have TV, AC, telephones, or "business…"
1 hour ago
"If you got indoor plumbing, it might not be camping, per se.  That is sort of the equivalent of camping in the back yard."
1 hour ago

© 2015   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service