Hello, All - 

I am in search of suggestions for rendering a car inoperable without damaging it - somthing a bit less obvious than disconnecting the battery, or flattening / removing a tire.

Something that can be done quickly, without tools, by the owner, without causing damage. Something that can be quickly reversed if needed, yet appears to be a sincere break-down as opposed to sabotage.

The object of the exercise is to use many cars as blocades - no crime or harm intended.. by way of backstory, people can read the post I put on TGD About some jerks myself and others want to be something of a stumbl....... nothing terribly malicious, no property damage, no obstruction of public traffic, etc, but people who are visiting town, staying in hotels, and going to the airport need to get around by car, and it would encumber them if there happened to be a lot of broken down cars everywhere they went. Car owners will be the only people doing this, and only to their own car.

Thanks for any input - I'll be closing this discussion tonight.... need info today and tomorrow morning.

Will be checking for suggestions via mobile phone

Views: 823

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am familiar with this situation. I am not from not far from you. Had a friend pass away not to long ago and we were also afraid these people would show up at the funeral.

This was done and it worked. May be a little late for something like this though.

http://thehayride.com/2011/04/westboro-baptist-church-goes-to-missi...

I would suggest contacting someone one from a local motorcycle club For help

Jacob thanks. Patriot guard will be there. myself and many others will help and obey their instructions

i remember hearing about the Mississippi story.  BRILLIANT!  i want to shake the hand of very person involved who thwarted those a__holes.

Is it not enough to take the keys out?

anticipating scenarios in which a car may be ordered to be moved. there are only so many tow trucks around here... we have found a solution though .

What was that?

Just loosen the coil wire.

yeah, the coil wire can be loosened or removed.... or any spark plug cable.  my very limited car repair experience says these are easy to reach as well.

you can also wrap the air filter in a plastic bag, replace it, it should make a tight seal, and the engine wouldn't be able to breathe, and thus wouldn't run.

air, spark, fuel.  those are critical for a car to move.  halt any of those, car no go.

Seconded. This is the easiest thing to do, relatively hard to diagnose, and it doesn't look like deliberate sabotage.

Take the rotor out in the dizzy , or fit a solenoid to the fuel line , kill switch to the wiring . 

There should be at least one critical fuse--fuel pump, glow plugs, starter solenoid--get a matching fuse size, use a wire to direct short it accross a battery and subsitute it into the fuse block after parking the car.  Retain your original for easy replacement and "cure" of the problem. 

Coordinate a story of a UFO passing overhead in case police begin asking questions about why so many vehicles seem to be stalled in the same congested area. 

RSS

Latest Activity

David E updated their profile
1 hour ago
Douglas Perry updated their profile
1 hour ago
Penelope replied to John Moser's discussion Having discovered why The Odyssey is so poorly written, I now know of a new skill we must recover!
"Even people who think about them with contempt?"
1 hour ago
Vytautas replied to John Moser's discussion Having discovered why The Odyssey is so poorly written, I now know of a new skill we must recover!
"People who think about the classics are perfectly capable of getting girlfriends."
1 hour ago
Michael D. Denny replied to John Muir's discussion Folk Songs
" "
1 hour ago
Norberto Paz posted a photo
1 hour ago
Michael updated their profile
1 hour ago
Steve Dallas replied to Nathanael's discussion Common-sense gun laws, what would they look like for you? in the group The Great Debate
"How the hell is that a strawman? Why else was the gun created?"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service