Random Questions You've Always Wanted To Ask / Answers You've Always Wanted To Know

Post 'em up! Maybe someone knows the answer. 

I'll go first.

Why are nuclear cooling towers usually shaped like this: 

Views: 2814

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You must be fun at parties

Never understood those of us malcontent on this island, especially the ones born during our 20+ years of economic prosperity.

If you've visited the old country, you'd see just how miserable life could  actually be..

See, if y'all had guns down under you could shoot it out. Then hopefully one/both would end up in the hospital/jail, sparing the rest of us from further posts.

If the idea is to root out witless and daft posts, judging by your presence still here I'd say that's a strategy failing utterly miserably..

Also..

The one piece of advice my grandmother gave me that I never could follow was "Never have a battle of wits with an unarmed person". Given that, I'll see your img and raise you one:

Why can't America ban it's guns?

In that context the correct usage is "its". Daddy didn't love you enough to send you to a private school with a decent English department?

/petpeeve

When I need any advice on what or how to post from you I'll be sure to ask.

See above..

ad infinitum

Dumbass.

Telling Pettimore to calm down is like telling lava to cool off.

I'm trying to find out what is so healthy about birthdays. The more of them you have, the longer you live! 

Science...

RSS

Latest Activity

Regular Joe replied to Sir's discussion Grilling -- how guilty should I feel?
"Nah man. The battle wages on. In offices all over the world. Men are imposing their patriarchal climate control nazism on female workers everywhere.  http://jezebel.com/is-office-air-conditioning-a-sexist-conspiracy-1719883384 Sorry;…"
1 minute ago
Regular Joe replied to Regular Joe's discussion What's a brutha gotta do to get some soap on a rope around here?
"Speaking of Brute and English Leather, these are products that I've seen in every single grocery store, pharmacy and big box store I've ever been to . . . but I don't know a single person who's ever bought the stuff or uses it.…"
6 minutes ago
Mongoose replied to Regular Joe's discussion What's a brutha gotta do to get some soap on a rope around here?
"Who's that?"
7 minutes ago
Mongoose replied to Moe Kanz's discussion Long hair gents...
"So, wait.... Does that mean you are anti-resurrection?"
8 minutes ago
Regular Joe replied to Regular Joe's discussion What's a brutha gotta do to get some soap on a rope around here?
"YOU HAD ONE RULE TO FOLLOW!!!"
9 minutes ago
Sir replied to Todd Serveto's discussion Revolting, Macabre Details About Planned Parenthood's Gruesome Barbarism--Where Are The Excuses? in the group The Great Debate
"I saw the first edited video.  It wasn't edited in such a way as to imply one statement was an answer to something actually at another time index -- that is, context was clear.  So the editing is irrelevant.  But if it's not…"
9 minutes ago
Steve Dallas replied to Todd Serveto's discussion Revolting, Macabre Details About Planned Parenthood's Gruesome Barbarism--Where Are The Excuses? in the group The Great Debate
"Another highly edited video brought to us by the same people who are still convinced that ACORN is going to drown their kids in a well"
28 minutes ago
Steve Dallas replied to Todd Serveto's discussion Revolting, Macabre Details About Planned Parenthood's Gruesome Barbarism--Where Are The Excuses? in the group The Great Debate
"Yep, this entire story is about industry wide SOP turned into a hyper emotional shitstorm"
30 minutes ago

© 2015   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service