Random Questions You've Always Wanted To Ask / Answers You've Always Wanted To Know

Post 'em up! Maybe someone knows the answer. 

I'll go first.

Why are nuclear cooling towers usually shaped like this: 

Views: 3033

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Jesus Christ was born a virgin... Think about that for a second."

Everyone is born a virgin. 

Awfully obtuse.

JB

Yet so very relevant

Intentional misunderstandings are never relevant.  Its clear what Blaine meant.  Arguing the distinction between "born a virgin" and "born of a virgin" as if you're dumb enough to think he actually meant the former is just stupid.

JB

Basically, I am saying that being born as a virgin is just as stupid as saying that someone was born from a virgin, while hoping or thinking that an intelligent adult with a working sense of logic thinks that either would qualify as making one a deity.

One would certainly be more miraculous than the other.

JB

Steve, do you know of a little word called faith? You have to have it in life or else you'll get nowhere.

I have faith in God. I don't have faith that yet another religion that was playing around with the same virgin birth story that all the other local religions were playing with somehow got it right.

Faith against reality, facts, history, reason or logic is no longer faith it is stubborn refusal to understand the world around you.

Sorry, I meant "born of a virgin." It was typed in haste this morning.

Yep, boring

It was written by an eyewitness account that his inner bowels were exposed.

As opposed to his external bowels?

Awfully obtuse.

;) 

RSS

Latest Activity

Shane replied to Sir's discussion What college freshmen should know
"It wasn't over classified. I don't even think it was classified. It was just part of a larger curriculum."
36 minutes ago
John Muir replied to Sir's discussion What college freshmen should know
"I think teaching kids hygiene and swimming is very important."
1 hour ago
Native Son replied to Sir's discussion What college freshmen should know
"Sounds like some of your training was overclassified.  A number of intelligence analysis text books are available open source (Amazon), including The Thinker's Tool Kit. "Bias Identification" is a convenient buzzword…"
1 hour ago
David Egerdahl replied to David Salley's discussion Tucking in with shorts
"If you are at an event that requires you to tuck in your shirt you should also wear pants (other than golfing) and, for the love of god, no sandals.    "
2 hours ago
"Organized PE is. The primary educational landscape is bizarre these days."
2 hours ago
Sir replied to Sir's discussion What college freshmen should know
"Non sequitur?"
6 hours ago
"You want to bully kids now?"
8 hours ago
Priscus replied to Sir's discussion What college freshmen should know
"Not for college level, but a friend of mine suggested that one of the major focuses of elementary aged education should be how to take care of your physical health, and the importance of doing so, not only in a health class setting, but actually…"
8 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service