Random Questions You've Always Wanted To Ask / Answers You've Always Wanted To Know

Post 'em up! Maybe someone knows the answer. 

I'll go first.

Why are nuclear cooling towers usually shaped like this: 

Views: 2788

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have faith in God. I don't have faith that yet another religion that was playing around with the same virgin birth story that all the other local religions were playing with somehow got it right.

Faith against reality, facts, history, reason or logic is no longer faith it is stubborn refusal to understand the world around you.

Sorry, I meant "born of a virgin." It was typed in haste this morning.

Yep, boring

It was written by an eyewitness account that his inner bowels were exposed.

As opposed to his external bowels?

Awfully obtuse.

;) 

There is a magnificent story in the collection Monkey Brain Sushi of a man who decides to create his own spirituality... and is amazed, and terrified, when the worst happens:  it works.

Have you tried Lamatology?

Great question. 

No. Apparently it turns you into a narcissistic 98lb weakling.

I'm going to restate this, as I feel I should. I would encourage all of you guys just ignore that kid, just leave him alone, pretend you don't even see him or his posts. Josh Allen really does have some serious issues. The kid has very real, diagnosable problems. And I don't want to see one of us being the final straw that makes that kid hurt himself or someone else or snap to a point that there isn't really any coming back from his actions or mental state. He is NOT an emotionally or psychologically healthy person at all. Truly, the best thing everyone could do is just ignore him completely, don't respond to him at all. 

So you won't be joining his AoM airships group is what you're saying?

+1

RSS

Latest Activity

Penelope replied to whiskyjack's discussion Did anyone else get a "group email" from Gnostic Bishop? in the group Christian Men
"Killing your son is totally good, and being asked to do it is a very small thing. Got it. To me, the point isn't sorted out until Stephen, because Abraham and Job get their treasure back. That just gives us prosperity gospel. But Stephen -…"
4 minutes ago
Steve Dallas replied to Rob's discussion Paying for your own harassment and ritual humiliation
"Are you seriously comparing the holocaust to an article about one fucking student?"
13 minutes ago
Steve Dallas replied to Rob's discussion Paying for your own harassment and ritual humiliation
"I obviously have better shit to do than to track down this case, which is why I asked the questions. Once again, you aren't that special."
17 minutes ago
Penelope replied to Rob's discussion Paying for your own harassment and ritual humiliation
"A. It is good for the spirit to make sacrifices for sake of the sick, weak or injured, with the usual prudence caveat.B. The spirit can be bettered when the person is compelled to act morally, whether he would do so of his own free will or not. C.…"
29 minutes ago
Nate H replied to whiskyjack's discussion Did anyone else get a "group email" from Gnostic Bishop? in the group Christian Men
"Penelope, testing is not the same as tempting in those two passages. James is clearly talking about being tempted with evil (read the context). vs. 14, "but every man is tempted, when he is drawn away by his own lust, and enticed." That…"
31 minutes ago
whiskyjack replied to Daniel's discussion Family Matters in the group Christian Men
"Awesome. Just be prepared for your niece to start telling you she's praying for you, or her telling you God loves you :)Kids can be simply persistent in matters of faith. as a small child, i would pray daily for people, sometimes for years."
45 minutes ago
Randy Oller joined Clayton Davis's group
45 minutes ago
Andreas updated their profile
49 minutes ago

© 2015   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service