Random Questions You've Always Wanted To Ask / Answers You've Always Wanted To Know

Post 'em up! Maybe someone knows the answer. 

I'll go first.

Why are nuclear cooling towers usually shaped like this: 

Views: 2648

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have faith in God. I don't have faith that yet another religion that was playing around with the same virgin birth story that all the other local religions were playing with somehow got it right.

Faith against reality, facts, history, reason or logic is no longer faith it is stubborn refusal to understand the world around you.

Sorry, I meant "born of a virgin." It was typed in haste this morning.

Yep, boring

It was written by an eyewitness account that his inner bowels were exposed.

As opposed to his external bowels?

Awfully obtuse.

;) 

There is a magnificent story in the collection Monkey Brain Sushi of a man who decides to create his own spirituality... and is amazed, and terrified, when the worst happens:  it works.

Have you tried Lamatology?

Great question. 

No. Apparently it turns you into a narcissistic 98lb weakling.

I'm going to restate this, as I feel I should. I would encourage all of you guys just ignore that kid, just leave him alone, pretend you don't even see him or his posts. Josh Allen really does have some serious issues. The kid has very real, diagnosable problems. And I don't want to see one of us being the final straw that makes that kid hurt himself or someone else or snap to a point that there isn't really any coming back from his actions or mental state. He is NOT an emotionally or psychologically healthy person at all. Truly, the best thing everyone could do is just ignore him completely, don't respond to him at all. 

So you won't be joining his AoM airships group is what you're saying?

+1

RSS

Latest Activity

Ed Deerly replied to Ed Deerly's discussion Women our age.... in the group Men Over 50
"I thought about this after seeing Leah Thompson on Dancing with the Stars.  She was hot thirty years ago and still hot today. It doesn't seem to even be  a matter of looking "young."  For me, posture and demeanor play a…"
12 minutes ago
Penelope replied to Nick F's discussion Connecting with God Emotionally in the group Christian Men
"Emotion may be a commanded means.  Since it's commanded, we must inspire emotion on purpose, and let grace work out what follows."
14 minutes ago
Penelope replied to Nick F's discussion Connecting with God Emotionally in the group Christian Men
"I was surprised to read that Jonathan Edwards, who preached Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God in monotone, actually was ok with congregants getting an emotional response in church, and then that waning by Monday.  He was realistic.  If…"
15 minutes ago
Lucius Artorius Castus replied to Pale Horse's discussion Study Shows Men With Inhuman Eating Habits Have Trouble Making More Humans in the group The Great Debate
"We do the same thing. My refrigerator (not the family fridge. Mine. A second full size fridge in the cave) is about half Milk, 3/8 beer, and the rest is random brewing experiments"
19 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Pale Horse's discussion Study Shows Men With Inhuman Eating Habits Have Trouble Making More Humans in the group The Great Debate
"I didn't know that about the calf.  Interesting. Damn.  A half-gallon or a gallon a day is a lot.  My wife grocery shops for two weeks at a time.  She'd have to buy 10-15 gallons of milk.  I drink a glass or two a…"
22 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Nick F's discussion Connecting with God Emotionally in the group Christian Men
"Thought you had.  Not exactly an answer, though.   Is there a scripture you're basing that on?  I don't think emotion is the purpose at all.  Emotion may be a byproduct, particularly for the more emotional.  But,…"
24 minutes ago
Wasatch replied to Dan Coats's discussion Favorite Cigars? in the group The Smoking Lounge
"So many great cigars out there, and some of the smaller companies are releasing some top notch stuff. I'd argue that despite the Cuban cigar embargo, we are in a golden era for cigars.  When possible, buy small samplers and see what you…"
24 minutes ago
Wasatch joined Dennis Heins's group
Thumbnail

The Smoking Lounge

Come on in, light up your favorite pipe or cigar, and relax with the rest of us.
24 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service