Random Questions You've Always Wanted To Ask / Answers You've Always Wanted To Know

Post 'em up! Maybe someone knows the answer. 

I'll go first.

Why are nuclear cooling towers usually shaped like this: 

Views: 2877

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Boring? Okay, let's start from the beginning. Jesus Christ was born a virgin... Think about that for a second. He came and walked this earth with us as a human being, so that he could relate to us. He suffered the same things we do. Stress, pain, loss, etc... But he did it sinlessly. The man was perfect. He performed miracles such as making a blind man see, allowing a lame man to walk, healing lepers, turning water into wine, and casting out demons from men. He fed 5,000 people with nothing more than 2 small fish and a few loaves of bread with multiple baskets of food as leftovers. Even though he performed all of there wonders, people higher up in their hierarchy became jealous because he was drawing attention away from them and from their  "gods." So they decided to have him crucified. Then, that was the most painful and embarrassing form of execution. Beforehand, they lash you with a cat if nine tails, which is a a braided whip with nine whips put together. Within these braids were pebbles and broken glass and 40 lashes was known to kill a man. Jesus took well above that number and survived. It was written by an eyewitness account that his inner bowels were exposed. After the beating, he was forced to carry his own cross to the hill where he would be crucified. There, he died and when he died, there was an earthquake that tore the veil in the temple, symbolizing that you could now approach God yourself. For God's own son's blood was spilled to pay for your sins. Now, the wages of sin are death, but because of Jesus, your debt has been payed. Only by allowing God to come into your heart, will you spend eternity in heaven.

"Jesus Christ was born a virgin... Think about that for a second."

Everyone is born a virgin. 

Awfully obtuse.

Yet so very relevant

Intentional misunderstandings are never relevant.  Its clear what Blaine meant.  Arguing the distinction between "born a virgin" and "born of a virgin" as if you're dumb enough to think he actually meant the former is just stupid.

Basically, I am saying that being born as a virgin is just as stupid as saying that someone was born from a virgin, while hoping or thinking that an intelligent adult with a working sense of logic thinks that either would qualify as making one a deity.

One would certainly be more miraculous than the other.

Steve, do you know of a little word called faith? You have to have it in life or else you'll get nowhere.

I have faith in God. I don't have faith that yet another religion that was playing around with the same virgin birth story that all the other local religions were playing with somehow got it right.

Faith against reality, facts, history, reason or logic is no longer faith it is stubborn refusal to understand the world around you.

Sorry, I meant "born of a virgin." It was typed in haste this morning.

Yep, boring

It was written by an eyewitness account that his inner bowels were exposed.

As opposed to his external bowels?

Latest Activity

Liam Strain replied to Sam K's discussion When is joking/talking about sex okay?
"During sex. "
32 minutes ago
Nick H replied to Sam K's discussion When is joking/talking about sex okay?
"Bond was a man of action, not words. His crass were via his gestures like this little love tap here. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=axYleKmwA9Y"
51 minutes ago
Jeff Gortney replied to Brother Joseph's discussion Getting Set Up in the group The Manly Art of Amateur (Ham) Radio
"Brother Joseph, First off Good luck on the test.  First off, I am assuming you are going to get your technician license.  The most popular bands in Amateur Radio are 2 Meters and 70 CM.  I was licensed back in 1996 when I was a…"
55 minutes ago
Nick H replied to Mongoose's discussion Glitter Beards, the New Trend!!!
"Hopefully it will catch on, then the guys who do it will get bored of it and have to shave off their beards to get rid if it, then maybe we'll see the end of metrosexual beards. I think there should be a cop with an axe, log, and razor. He…"
1 hour ago
D.W. Legendre, MBA joined Brian Burnham's group

Remembering Dad

This is a group for men who have lost their fathers. It is a place to mourn, celebrate, and remember our fathers and a place for men to share experiences and draw strength from one another.See More
1 hour ago
jacksbuddy replied to certified male's discussion Walking around the house naked
"Step away from this place for a while, and the threads go into weird directions. Now back to the subject at hand, so to speak. Tis your castle, sir.  If you wish to amble around the great hall au natural while yodeling!  That is your…"
1 hour ago
D.W. Legendre, MBA replied to Dan Coats's discussion Favorite Cigars? in the group The Smoking Lounge
"I managed a B&M for six years while in college and grad school. With that said, I have some questions before I make suggestions: 1. Do you have a size preference? 2. How much time will you have to smoke a cigar? 3. What is the setting? Social?…"
1 hour ago
D.W. Legendre, MBA added a discussion to the group Real Shaving

Shave Ready Straight

Does anyone have a source for quality, shave ready straights?I am not looking to spend a fortune, because I don't care about inlay handles, or blades.I do however, want a quality blade that has a nice weight to it, and looks classy.See More
1 hour ago

© 2015   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service